Hi Payam

I'm not posting anything till nearer month 18. I've not been in touch with ASMED, They asked me to contact them around month 15 (end of November). The hair is still slowly thickening up but not there or finished yet. How's your hair coming along? 

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

1 hour ago, Rwethereyet said:

Hi Payam

I'm not posting anything till nearer month 18. I've not been in touch with ASMED, They asked me to contact them around month 15 (end of November). The hair is still slowly thickening up but not there or finished yet. How's your hair coming along? 

I understand bro, sorry for hassling you I missed you said that, mine isn't great unfortunately but I'm still hopeful for the next two months, albeit less so, your attitude to the whole thing has really helped my own coping so thanks for that. Did you have any issues with folliculitis coming and going? Also how long did you see new sprouts appearing would you say? 

No worries, I had a bit of it up to around 5 months. Others have had it longer though I believe. I was still seeing new sprouts last month. I haven't looked this month but they have been less and less so not many last month

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

• 8 months later...

22 months almost

Hi All

It has been along time since I have posted! Apologies for that I have been incredibly busy and also wanted to wait until nearer the end of the 24 month period before posting more pictures.

I have again taken these photos after washing my hair and in the brightest natural and indoor lighting and I have tried to show best and worst views.

My hair has improved since 12 months, I feel I have had a reasonable result but I am not 100% happy with the overall thickness and the definition of temples and hairline at the front. I will pass these photos on to ASMED for their opinion too.

I am open to hear what you guys think and what you think I may require to get the front looking more natural and thicker. 

20190521_182544.jpg

20190521_182627.jpg

20190521_182434.jpg

20190521_182509.jpg

20190523_180230.jpg

20190521_182706.jpg

20190521_182745.jpg

20190523_175848.jpg

20190523_175914.jpg

20190523_180115.jpg

20190523_180134.jpg

20190523_175949.jpg

20190523_180031.jpg

20190523_180213.jpg

20190521_182230.jpg

20190521_182358.jpg

• Administrators

Have you been in contact with Dr. Erdogan? What did they say about your results?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

seems to be in the same category as the other recent ASMED results. Good luck with any future procedures. do you/would you go back to ASMED?

Thanks, I'm not sure I don't know how many of the 3200 grafts have come in. If they are consistently losing too high a percentage of grafts then I could potentially be losing valuable grafts unnecessarily. The experience has been great from them but that alone is not enough. 

23 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you been in contact with Dr. Erdogan? What did they say about your results?

I have only just reached out to them so we'll see what they say 

• 9 months later...

Hi All

Long time no posting! Apologies I have been focused on other things and not been rushed to make any decisions. I have been in touch with ASMED. They have said I should have a top up of 2000 grafts to increase the density.  They said they would need to see my results in person to see if I've had less than 90% graft growth. If so they said they would give me the grafts to make it up to 90% for free.

I am currently researching and deciding what is the best thing to do.

There have been quite a few cases like mine lately and I am concerned about going back.  Given how many transplants he does though perhaps we are the minority.

The things that make me want to go back are:

Opp process clinic experience etc

The quality of my donor area post opp

Even though I didn't get the result I hoped for the difference between my pre and post opp is still a huge improvement.

My concerns are:

What if I still don't get the result I want

I will have used 5200 grafts on the front half of my head leaving 2 - 3k+ for the crown is this enough?

The photo below is my hair messed up in the brightest light with ASMED's recommendation. I still am not on meds and still plan not to go on them.

Those are my thoughts so far

Cheers

Screenshot_20200316-095552_Gallery.jpg

Hello,

my issue is the same. Did they not give you a reason for the poor growth? They did explain one to me but not heard anyone else’s say they were given the same reason. 

with long hair and a combe I can male my Jaír look very good , but when cut shorter (Jaír dresser fucked mine up last time) the poor density is terrible.

im in the same boat as you, get it repaired and risk it not getting better again and losing more grafts and being stuck for the rest of my life or call it quits and keep my grafts left for future loss .

i have asked asmed to use their most experienced team on le if  I go back, which I don’t think it unreasonable given the circumstances . 

see my photo below 

C1BFB1DF-5991-47FF-9542-5761F2F2F43D.jpeg

I would not go back. I got offered same thing to go back and add density and I declined (different doctor) make sure you put yourself in the best possible situation to get a good result next time around because you might not get another. 

55 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

But people are still getting good results there . 

Yea some are, but I would go somewhere where most are getting good results. All I’m saying is to just increase your chances of getting a good result second time around. Being in a scenario with 2 not so good result and a depleted donor won’t be fun and might not have a fix