have noticed that the new hair that has grown in is curly / wavy. Before I had it cut the new hair was really wavy, it looks better shorter as it was too messy before. Hopefully as time progresses I'll see the new hair change to straighter hair.

Yes, this has been a major aesthetic concern of my own H.T.

Hey guys

Apologies for the delayed update, I had some storage flood over the weekend which had a lot of tools, belongings etc in so I have been frantically busy drying and rehousing stuff.

The pictures I attached are from the 26th (10 month date and 27th).

I will be sending them to ASMED today and will post an update on this later.

I have taken two sets of photos this month, one in direct sunlight and the other under harsh lighting as usual. The ones in direct sunlight look better. I will attach the harsh light photos in a seperate comment shortly.

I feel like my hair is still improving all be it at a slow rate, my thought is I need to give it the full 18 months before I really judge the results.

20180530_073300.thumb.jpg.5962d32e73f6c6e8863a00a1561cc186.jpg

20180530_073219.thumb.jpg.45e5db6a25ed913aae7dfa9eb0b72d6a.jpg

20180530_073202.thumb.jpg.5cff40f68218bbee3e4a015d8ae0a921.jpg

20180530_073127.thumb.jpg.034848de76f3de3966585ea5cb8d8710.jpg

20180530_072845.thumb.jpg.2ac4387df265fc5287c0f723ae5f6593.jpg

20180530_072704.thumb.jpg.99fc5e942ab8fc3990b18b215dba41be.jpg

20180530_072629.thumb.jpg.1caa79d411e437621c4561659014a5e6.jpg

20180530_072801.thumb.jpg.308455b2a6d743c3dd99d18bdf2beca7.jpg

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

Probably going to have to opt for a touch up. They do offer a full graft count if asked and say they have a guarantee for 90% of grafts.

Guessing another 1500-2000 grafts to fix things up looking at the situation as it is.

If you're not on finasteride atm I'd definitely consider that just so the situation doesn't slip backwards, probably in a bit of a tight spot long term in terms of donor in the case that you get a touch up.

I'll see what ASMED say, but like I say I'll be giving it the full 18 months before I make any decisions on it. I've seen huge changes in some people's HT's between 9 and 18 months. I may be one of those that's a slow grower, time will tell.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

So far not a result that made it worth it, I'm guessing. Could still be though.

I hope ASMED do you well should this not turn out a decent result. Whatever happens, stay strong and take your time to evaluate the situation. You still have a lot of grafts in the bank and should be able to get coverage.

And thank you for being so detailed about your journey. It is very much appreciated.

Hey guys

Apologies for the delayed update, I had some storage flood over the weekend which had a lot of tools, belongings etc in so I have been frantically busy drying and rehousing stuff.

The pictures I attached are from the 26th (10 month date and 27th).

I will be sending them to ASMED today and will post an update on this later.

I have taken two sets of photos this month, one in direct sunlight and the other under harsh lighting as usual. The ones in direct sunlight look better. I will attach the harsh light photos in a seperate comment shortly.

I feel like my hair is still improving all be it at a slow rate, my thought is I need to give it the full 18 months before I really judge the results.

Thank you for the update mate, i thnik you are being very generous to the clinic in saying you will wait 18 months, i am very interested in what they have to say. Do you remember who your technicians were?

• 4 weeks later...
My hair is a lot better than it was, most of my photos show it in its worst way. I'll reserve judgment till the end. I don't remember the surgeon I'm afraid

Any updates mate? Your case has me quite worried about my own transplant, it does not look like you got anywhere near 3000 grafts, which is really surprising.. how did the clinic explain this? You should be looking at 90% of your final result now, unacceptable..

Any updates mate? Your case has me quite worried about my own transplant, it does not look like you got anywhere near 3000 grafts, which is really surprising.. how did the clinic explain this? You should be looking at 90% of your final result now, unacceptable..

ASMED have said that Dr Erdogan is happy with my progress so far. They have said that I need to wait until the 15th month (7 months from my last update with photos) until they are able to fully determine the growth rate. They have highlighted that everyones hair growth and progress happens at different rates.

I am still seeing new hairs growing in when ever I look closely in the mirror, I'm reasonably chilled out about it at the moment as it looks a lot better in person than in my photo's as I take them to show it in its worst light and at a decent resolution. I notice a lot of photos on here are not clear and not taken under good or harsh lighting. If you're going for a HT you need to be prepared to wait the full 18+ months to see the full results, I think there are to many generalisations on here that people think are a golden rule.

Here is a video I found on slow growers that I found helpful when I've felt like it's not growing in as fast as Id like.

Spex has also written quite a lot on how you need to wait well beyond the 12 or less months that people on here seem to think shows your full results. Not everyone is a set percentage done by a particular month.

I hope this helps chill you out a bit about your own transplant, I'll continue to post updates and see where I'm at much later. I doubt I'll make any decisions about what I'll do until July next year at 24 months, I'm in no rush and I already like my hair a lot more than before my HT.

• Like 1

On 2018-06-25 at 1:02 AM, Rwethereyet said:

ASMED have said that Dr Erdogan is happy with my progress so far. They have said that I need to wait until the 15th month (7 months from my last update with photos) until they are able to fully determine the growth rate. They have highlighted that everyones hair growth and progress happens at different rates.

I am still seeing new hairs growing in when ever I look closely in the mirror, I'm reasonably chilled out about it at the moment as it looks a lot better in person than in my photo's as I take them to show it in its worst light and at a decent resolution. I notice a lot of photos on here are not clear and not taken under good or harsh lighting. If you're going for a HT you need to be prepared to wait the full 18+ months to see the full results, I think there are to many generalisations on here that people think are a golden rule.

Here is a video I found on slow growers that I found helpful when I've felt like it's not growing in as fast as Id like.

Spex has also written quite a lot on how you need to wait well beyond the 12 or less months that people on here seem to think shows your full results. Not everyone is a set percentage done by a particular month.

I hope this helps chill you out a bit about your own transplant, I'll continue to post updates and see where I'm at much later. I doubt I'll make any decisions about what I'll do until July next year at 24 months, I'm in no rush and I already like my hair a lot more than before my HT.

You are being very patient, even with that video I am worried as out of the hundreds of transplant progressions I've seen it seems must achieve nearly final glimpse of grafts survival at the 6-8 month mark, with the hair getting longer and fuller after that, giving the impression of density. The example in the video above is the only one I've seen where the density improves markedly after the 8th month, do you know I'd any other such examples? Have you sought a second opinion on your case?

2 hours ago, Lt. Dangle said:

Nice write up thanx! Guy does amazing work lucky u! Yes many are slow growers so I would relax a little. U know it has nothing to do with his skill so either ur a slow grower or u will need more grafts like many others have realized after getting a HT

U cant just look at photos of other successful patients and assume ur gonna look the same way. I think one also has to remember that ur adjacent hair is VERY thick so I think if u want to achieve similar density u will need to go for another 2000-2500 grafts.

Be thankful thats the only area u need to treat cause that is one of Dr. Erdogan's specialties is cramming a LOT of grafts into a very small area without shock loss. I can spot his HT over just about anyones by simply looking at random pics. His ability to achieve density is rivaled by only a few other HT doctors in the business.

I definitely see ur hair getting a LOT thicker over the next 6 months but I doubt it will be as thick as ur hoping so I would plan on a second HT and if u don't need it then great!

This is crazy. 3200 grafts in that area should be more than enough for great density if the grafts survived. You're saying he needs upwards of 5500 grafts to achieve good density which is not true. Are you an ASMED representative?

I am being patient as that is what's required after a hair transplant, I'm in no rush and am much happier with my hair now than I was before my transplant.  There's no point in getting upset about something that hasn't finished heeling.  ASMED has said I need to wait longer for the final result so that is what I shall do.  I have uploaded some photo's at the 11 month mark and I have included a before surgery photo for comparison.

138 11 months.jpg

139 11 months.jpg

140 11 months.jpg

141 11 months.jpg

142 11 months.jpg

143 11 months.jpg

153 11 months.jpg

01 Day 0.jpg

No question mate you look infinitely better than pre op, holding my thumbs you get more density in the coming months, also you seem to be the perfect candidate as you are receding with no crown loss. Are you taking finasteride?

On 2018-07-01 at 10:52 PM, Rwethereyet said:

I am being patient as that is what's required after a hair transplant, I'm in no rush and am much happier with my hair now than I was before my transplant.  There's no point in getting upset about something that hasn't finished heeling.  ASMED has said I need to wait longer for the final result so that is what I shall do.  I have uploaded some photo's at the 11 month mark and I have included a before surgery photo for comparison.

138 11 months.jpg

139 11 months.jpg

140 11 months.jpg

141 11 months.jpg

142 11 months.jpg

143 11 months.jpg

153 11 months.jpg

01 Day 0.jpg

15 hours ago, Lt. Dangle said:

Not all grafts take bro. Everyone is different. Some will require a second procedure. Sometimes there is the "X" factor and don't do as well as others when getting a HT. Many unknown various reasons.

Its common knowledge bro u don't have to be a representative of a Dr. to know that. Or are u assuming the Doctor chose this particular patient and decided he wasn't gonna give him the grafts he wanted and therefore "Screwed" him out of his grafts? Cause that would make so much sense from the Dr.'s standpoint right. It happens! In fact it happens quite often.

He may need a shit load of grafts to achieve what someone mite achieve with less grafts. Yes that is exactly what I am saying he will need another 2000-2500 grafts if he wants to achieve the density of the surrounding hair.

So what is ur solution then? Sprinkle some magic dust on his head so ALL the grafts will now grow? It didn't happen bro so yea he will likely need a lot more grafts so try to wrap ur head around that fact.

If that is the case this absolutely should be considered a failed surgery. Like i said 3200 grafts in that area should produce fantastic results if the expected number of grafts survived, if they didn't the surgeon must be held accountable and explain themselves. In any case since OP is being patient so should we, density could improve.

• 1 month later...

12 months update

Hi guys

Here's some photos of my hair at 12 months. I have my hair shorter this month than previous months. I feel like it has thickened up a bit. The changes are happening very slowly for me but when I look back at my 7 - 8 month photos where I feel like not much has changed since I can see a difference. 

I'm still not happy with the density but I am quite happy to wait things out until about 24 months to see how it has gone before deciding on what action to take next. 

I'm not going to post any more photos on here now until month 18, I will continue taking photos for myself though each month. 

My next update for ASMED is at month 15 so I'll be interested to hear what they think at that point.

20180805_091816.jpg

20180805_092235.jpg

20180805_092122.jpg

20180805_092017.jpg

20180805_092446.jpg

20180805_092407.jpg

20180805_092342.jpg

20180805_092314.jpg

Sorry, but I do not think there is a high probability of new graft growth that will distinctly change your current state.   Your growth is usually capped at 8-9 month mark with just maturing forward.  That whole 18 month rule defies hair cycle growth logic.  I think it is just a time waster.  You will definitely need a touch up, imo, to fill in properly.  Right now you can see the sparse lower density areas on your scalp.  Best of luck and I really hope things resolve soon.  

• Like 1

As I've mensioned before the clinic says that I need to wait longer before the exact results of the surgery can be determined as everyone heels at different rates. 

There seems to be this stigma on these forums that every single person should have a particular result by a certain month else their transplant is a failure. There is a lot of impatience on here and this really is not helpful in helping those who do not follow the persived heeling times. There are also a lot of bad photos on here blurry ones, ones taken in poor lighting which make it very hard to judge actually how good the surgery has been. It takes a strong person to continually take clear photos under direct sunlight and to ruffle their hair up to show it in its absolute worst light after having spent thousands on a transplant. We all want to be that guy who has amazing hair within the 1st year of their transplant but in reality not everyone is.  Sure my transplant may not provide the results I hoped it would, maybe it will.  When there are many surgeons and top respected people online such as Spex telling people to be patient and give it the full 18 and even 24 months before judging your final result and my clinic is saying the same thing then that is exactly what I shall do.  I am in no rush and I am patient enough to wait this out 24 months before judging it and making my next decision on what to do.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rwethereyet said:

As I've mensioned before the clinic says that I need to wait longer before the exact results of the surgery can be determined as everyone heels at different rates. 

There seems to be this stigma on these forums that every single person should have a particular result by a certain month else their transplant is a failure. There is a lot of impatience on here and this really is not helpful in helping those who do not follow the persived heeling times. There are also a lot of bad photos on here blurry ones, ones taken in poor lighting which make it very hard to judge actually how good the surgery has been. It takes a strong person to continually take clear photos under direct sunlight and to ruffle their hair up to show it in its absolute worst light after having spent thousands on a transplant. We all want to be that guy who has amazing hair within the 1st year of their transplant but in reality not everyone is.  Sure my transplant may not provide the results I hoped it would, maybe it will.  When there are many surgeons and top respected people online such as Spex telling people to be patient and give it the full 18 and even 24 months before judging your final result and my clinic is saying the same thing then that is exactly what I shall do.  I am in no rush and I am patient enough to wait this out 24 months before judging it and making my next decision on what to do.

I think it is legit for you to wait it out 18-24 months as you’d like too.  Sometimes it is good to wait to see how the area looks and by that time at 24 month mark, you are usually healed that if another surgery is required,  it is not in an area that is still healing.  There are mixed views about this.  Some doctors here and on other forums do not believe in new growth at 18-24 month marks, but rather possible maturation of the hairs themselves.  If Spex says new growth at 18 months then, definitely try to guage it again in 18-24 months with the same length haircut.  The length of hair may become the tricky part as you want to try to get a consistent shot to see if there is a “distinct” change in growth by then.  I applaud you for being able to take photos and wait it out.  It is definitely not easy.  

I think based on some posters have written, it is based on how most results pan out.  Regardless, things are now documented and folks are hoping and wishing you well.  Most obviously want anyone going through this situation to have the best outcome.  

Best wishes.

Edited by Sean
Spelling

There is no stigma its just fact

Typically by 12 months, the overwhelming majority of hairs that are going to grow have grown out .By12 months I would consider you nearly at the end of the "new hair" growth.  Uncommonly it can take 18-24 months to see the full effect of the hair restoration. 

I hope you the uncommon one!

I actually think his hair shows remarkable improvement. That a lot of posters consider this a failure suggests that the standard results are very good, which makes me hopeful. 

One question for the OP -- I'm now 12 days post-op, and I still have a bunch of scabs in my recipient area attached to my new hairs. When I look at your day 10 pick, I didn't see any. How did you get this out of your scalp without removing your new hair too early?

Chears Bro,

Friedman

• Like 1