Dr Konior price. Should I do it?

I think Dr Rahal pricing is in All Canadian Dollars and inclusive of everything.  There is also a discount for out of town travelers I believe.  I do not think he is a Canadian business charging US dollars.  Folks had to convert USD to Canadian to pay for surgeries.  

I’ve read Hasson & Wong is charges US dollars and plus 3% taxes on that as well.  $5 USD for FUT up to 2000 grafts then $3 USD for FUT thereafter.  

I specifically asked Rahal's people if there quoted prices are in Canadian or USD and was told the prices are in Canadian dollars and that I  do get the added bonus of the excellent US to Canadian dollar exchange rate along with $500 towards my travel along with a two nights stay at the guesthouse free of charge.

I also spoke with Hasson & Wong  and was told there listed prices are in USD so no additional exchange rate bonus.

• Thanks 2

I can tell you that all the doctors at Shapiro Medical Group in Minneapolis get very similar great results. Dr. Shapiro is a good friend of mine and he would not let any doctor perform surgery in his clinic with his name on it unless they were getting as good as results as himself.

How does Rahal compare to Konior regarding FUT in your opinions ? $4.25 USD per graft compared to $8 USD per graft is a HUGE difference.... 

So basically it would be $8.5K vs $17K. I am willing to travel anywhere in the world to get the procedure done and I don't want to focus on price but want to work with a world class surgeon but for double the price.....

How hands on is Rahal in the surgery? 

High Norwood, FUT mega-sessions are their bread and butter. I am (was) a high Norwood. They are big on the German website: alopezie.de but you have to become a member to see the pictures. They have their own area just for their results on that forum. They are also on International Hairloss Forum. If you can't speak German or French respectively, use Google Chrome and then just translate the pages.

The thing that sold Hattingen to me wasn't even the results on these fora, which are excellent anyway. I went for an in-person consultation with Dr Feriduni who I think we can all agree is excellent and enjoys a stellar reputation for being ethical. He asked me what other clinics I was considering and I told him. He said he thinks H&W and Hattingen are amazing options for clinics and waxed lyrically about both. He also expressed reservations about some other clinics that I see on this forum so he wasn't just saying nice things about those two because he is a nice guy, which he is.

2 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Thanks for all the info, I'll have a good read through over the next few weeks. 

Did Hattingen do most of your procedure? What parts does he handle and what parts does he pass onto others? 

Hattingen is not a person, it is a place and the clinic used to be there. The clinic is called Hattingen Hair. They then moved to Schaffhausen in Swizterland on the border with Germany but kept the name when they moved as they had already built a brand using it. The doctors are a husband and wife team - Drs Sever and Laura Muresanu. Before surgery, you mostly deal with Dr Sever. He does the consultations etc. On the day of the surgery (for FUT, I am not sure who does what for FUE), he does the hairline and the strip and Dr Laura does the incisions. The techs take the grafts from the strip and prep them for re-insertion whilst Dr Laura is doing the incisions and then 2-3 techs place them at the same time with a doctor coming in periodically to check on progress. The techs then swap after lunch so they are not tired i.e. you don't have 2-3 techs doing graft placement for 6-8 hours or whatever but 2-3 doing 3-4 hours and and then a different 2-3 doing 3-4 hours. The tech with the least experience there has been with them for 7 years. Very smooth operation and I was very impressed. I can't wait for the 12 month mark to be honest.

To be honest, I hadn't heard of them when I was doing my consultations and was pretty much set on Dr Feriduni but a German speaking poster on here mentioned them as an option to me last year. I did my research and then when Dr Feriduni spoke so highly of them during our consultation together, I set up a consultation with them too and they happened to have a cancellation so I went for it.

The French forum has some videos on there too. Let me know what you think!

• 3 weeks later...

What are the prices approximately for Feriduni and Hattingen?

On 1/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, TrixGlendevon said:

Hattingen is not a person, it is a place and the clinic used to be there. The clinic is called Hattingen Hair. They then moved to Schaffhausen in Swizterland on the border with Germany but kept the name when they moved as they had already built a brand using it. The doctors are a husband and wife team - Drs Sever and Laura Muresanu. Before surgery, you mostly deal with Dr Sever. He does the consultations etc. On the day of the surgery (for FUT, I am not sure who does what for FUE), he does the hairline and the strip and Dr Laura does the incisions. The techs take the grafts from the strip and prep them for re-insertion whilst Dr Laura is doing the incisions and then 2-3 techs place them at the same time with a doctor coming in periodically to check on progress. The techs then swap after lunch so they are not tired i.e. you don't have 2-3 techs doing graft placement for 6-8 hours or whatever but 2-3 doing 3-4 hours and and then a different 2-3 doing 3-4 hours. The tech with the least experience there has been with them for 7 years. Very smooth operation and I was very impressed. I can't wait for the 12 month mark to be honest.

To be honest, I hadn't heard of them when I was doing my consultations and was pretty much set on Dr Feriduni but a German speaking poster on here mentioned them as an option to me last year. I did my research and then when Dr Feriduni spoke so highly of them during our consultation together, I set up a consultation with them too and they happened to have a cancellation so I went for it.

The French forum has some videos on there too. Let me know what you think!

On 2/3/2019 at 3:22 PM, Kiio said:

What are the prices approximately for Feriduni and Hattingen?

Sorry for the late reply. I have been away. Hattingen prices are on their website so full transparency (also like H&W in that respect). Dr Feriduni quoted me 4.5 euros a graft for FUE for 3000 grafts but that was in an in-person consultation, which cost about 200 euros. I do not think he has his prices online
http://www.hattingenhair.com/en/hair-transplant-prices/prices/

On 8/25/2017 at 6:01 PM, mav23100gunther said:

You lost me at better quality. Although I agree the procedure is cheaper in Europe, I'd ask if you can name a European surgeon who is better quality than Dr Konior or Dr Shapiro?

If the OP can afford the cost of Konior, then my advice is not to let costs drive the choice of surgeon. If he lands at Dr Konior being the best choice quality wise, then that's the answer.

For FUE in Europe, Freitas Couto and Lorenzo stand out. No one in the USA is getting their kind of results.

Just a half step behind are the Belgian docs. And bringing up the rear is the good old US of A.

Turkey, India, etc. are really just too cowboy for me.

Edited by gilgamesh

1 hour ago, gilgamesh said:

For FUE in Europe, Freitas Couto and Lorenzo stand out. No one in the USA is getting their kind of results.

Just a half step behind are the Belgian docs. And bringing up the rear is the good old US of A.

Turkey, India, etc. are really just too cowboy for me.

Find Couto's results amazing and he carries out the whole procedure himself. Shame the waiting times are so lengthy. Think it's a year just to get a consultation and 4 years for the procedure itself but the results really speak for themselves.

The only thing I'd say is a lot of his results on Youtube seem to be with patients with darker hair so not sure if a lot of his work is with Spanish patients who generally seem to have thicker donor hair but that's me making assumptions just based on Youtube videos so I could be completely wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am trying to decide on a doctor in Europe. I am NW3, need hairline and frontal head work - approximately 3000 grafts.

I have written to Dr. Couto clinic but did not get a reply back. I guess they are too busy. I am going to try Freitas, and Lorenzo.Also having trouble connecting with Dr. Lorenzo. Dr Feriduni is also on the list. 

Guys - whose would you recommend for natural hairline work and dense packing ? Will be getting the procedure this summer sometime.

Thanks,

13 minutes ago, rocketmas said:

Hi,

I am trying to decide on a doctor in Europe. I am NW3, need hairline and frontal head work - approximately 3000 grafts.

I have written to Dr. Couto clinic but did not get a reply back. I guess they are too busy. I am going to try Freitas, and Lorenzo.Also having trouble connecting with Dr. Lorenzo. Dr Feriduni is also on the list. 

Guys - whose would you recommend for natural hairline work and dense packing ? Will be getting the procedure this summer sometime.

Thanks,

First of all, you should probably create your own thread. It is unfair to hijack other people's threads. Secondly, you haven't said whether you have a preference for FUE or FUT or no preference at all? The doctors you have mentioned are FUE so I am guessing that this is your preference. The waiting list for the Spanish doctos is huge - if you want to go with them, you will not be doing it this summer or possibly even summer 2020. I am not kidding either. It took over 6 months for them (can't remember which one) just to get back to my email to tell me there was a three year waiting list. Maybe even more. I had an in-person consultation with Dr. Feriduni and he was very good but wanted to do FUE and I want FUT. I eventually went with a clinic he highly recommended. I would still have a consultation with him because of his pedigree and very ethical approach, even if you go with somebody else. Be warned though, you have to pay for a consultation with him. Another FUE alternative is Dra Maria Ximena Vila. She has set up her own clinic in Madrid and whilst I haven't seen her results specifically, I can tell you she used to be aprt of Dr Lornezo's clinic and she and the team there did his transplant. For legal reasons you would have to find her results on Lorenzo's page.  Another option, not mentioned on this site but is still excellent, is Dr Heitmann in Switzerland. For FUT there are other options. Hope that helps.

Edited by TrixGlendevon

Trix,

Thanks for the reply. BTW - not trying to hijack any thread. The discussion was around doctors and techniques.

I agree with you on the wait time with Spanish doctors. I have not received any reply from Dr. Couto, and his wait times is going to make him unviable. Dr Freitas replied and his wait time his till summer 2020. He recommended going on a wait list, but I really don't want to remain unplanned. I am in an online consultation with Dr Feriduni> how long are his wait times ?

I also have not been able to get in touch with Dr Lorenzo. Does he have a website and how is his responsiveness. Its amazing that the Spanish doctors hardly do any marketing and they seem to be too much in demand. Are there techniques and results soo much superior ?

Thanks, 

5 hours ago, rocketmas said:

Trix,

Thanks for the reply. BTW - not trying to hijack any thread. The discussion was around doctors and techniques.

I agree with you on the wait time with Spanish doctors. I have not received any reply from Dr. Couto, and his wait times is going to make him unviable. Dr Freitas replied and his wait time his till summer 2020. He recommended going on a wait list, but I really don't want to remain unplanned. I am in an online consultation with Dr Feriduni> how long are his wait times ?

I also have not been able to get in touch with Dr Lorenzo. Does he have a website and how is his responsiveness. Its amazing that the Spanish doctors hardly do any marketing and they seem to be too much in demand. Are there techniques and results soo much superior ?

Thanks, 

It is not that they have superior methods. My guess, and it seems to be the consensus, is that Spanish hair is perfect for this procedure and most of his patients are Spaniards i.e. right thickness, density, color etc. and it gives the illusion of density..... which is what we are all chasing anyway. So whilst they are undoubtedly good, do take into account if you have thin, blond hair from Sweden, you probably won't be getting the same result as Pedro from Madrid even if you both went to Lorenzo or Couto.

I would really look at Heitmann in Switzerland. His hairlines are amazing and Swiss/Germans (where most of the Swiss clinics' patients come from) don't have the same hair characteristics. You could also try my clinic, Hattingen Hair. Swiss Elite clinic like H&W and like H&W, they added FUE a few years back. If you can't get in touch with Lorenzo, consult with Dra Vila as I mentioned above, so cheap, much shorter waiting list and did Lorenzo's transplant. I don't see how a consultation would hurt you?

Dr Feriduni - I had an inperson consultation with him. I don't see the point in internet ones except to make a general assessment of the clinic and its quality but with Feriduni, that is already a known quality: he is world class. Inperson, they (clinics in general) can count your donor, design the hairline, take pictures, inspect miniturization and general hair quality..... definitely worth it. When I went, the waiting list for a consultation was longer than the waiting list for a procedure. You'd have to ask him what his schedule looks like now. When is your internet consultation?

Thanks. 

I am in India so difficult to do a in-person consult with Feriduni. I have sent my details to him him and it has been a week. It takes 3 weeks for a reply from the clinic. They have told me to hang tight.

I am also pursuing with Dr Frieto, but survey is possible only next year. They will get me on a wait list, but I can't make it on a short notice. I need to plan as well.

I will go with Feriduni if he can give me a date this summer. Lets see.

Thanks again,

6 hours ago, rocketmas said:

Thanks. 

I am in India so difficult to do a in-person consult with Feriduni. I have sent my details to him him and it has been a week. It takes 3 weeks for a reply from the clinic. They have told me to hang tight.

I am also pursuing with Dr Frieto, but survey is possible only next year. They will get me on a wait list, but I can't make it on a short notice. I need to plan as well.

Thanks again,

Since you are in India, why don't you consider Dr.Bhatti, recommended here with great proven results. I feel like he is understimated. Otherwise beside the spanish doctors I would also consider other belgians like Devroye, Lupanzula and Bisanga.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was considering Dr Bhatti and Dr Erdogan however, a few sub-optimal results put me off. I do not want to go back for free, recovery sessions, etc. Its one shot with me and needs to be a class-act.

I am in consultation with Dr Feriduni. Have sent off a mail to Dr Freitas, but seems the wait is more than a year. . Have not been able to get in touch with Dr Lorenzo. Can anybody help?

Europe is convenient. I can combine a tourist trip with an FUE session. Is Dr Bisanga in the top league ? 

Thanks,

S

33 minutes ago, rocketmas said:

BTW -

Is Dr Kesser in Turkey also considered very consistent and class-act ? 

S

Dr Keser is a good option for lower norwood's. If you are say 4 onward's, you may have to look elsewhere. Lorenzo is a good shout if you have extensive balding.

Bisanga is another good surgeon although I believe he does a maximum of around 3500 grafts in a session if I'm not mistaken so you'd have to plan 2 sessions with him if you require more, donor permitting.

On 2/28/2019 at 11:10 PM, rocketmas said:

Thanks. 

Thanks again,

If your in India I would defiantly do a consult with Eugenix 

Check some of there results reviews  here pretty impressive 

https://www.eugenix.in/

Thanks Fozzie, 

I will try and research Dr. Kesser's results more. From your mail I understand he is amongst the top doctors of Europe/Turkey, for hairlines and density work. I am NW3 or so. Is he consistent also?

I will rule out Bisanga then as I do not need extensive work. Only frontal and hairline.

Thanks

To rule out Bisanga as you need "extensive" work and then to think about Keser makes no sense. Keser is the (!) guy for small hairline cases doing maybe 500 FU / day all on his own. Bisanga has an entire team doing the work. 

On top: Keser is kind of a controversial figure as some patients claims his non-rotating/oscillating extraction method is outdated. He has often issues with extractions, but it is not clear if he is very cautious or the reason is his method. If he has no issue with extraction his results are great and do not need many grafts.