Suggestions for surgeon?

mickhah

So I will be having a transplant in the next few months. After years of consideration, I might add.

I am 26 and the only member of my family that has gone bald is my grandfather on my mothers side who seems to be a Norwood 4 which is good in terms of transplants.

I lost my hair over extreme stress from the ages of 19-23 and since then I have looked terrible. I am norwood 3 and have stopped balding since 23. I have always been afraid of meds but I am starting finisteride this month.

To put it simply, hair loss has completely ruined my life. I don't leave the house due to this and it was the breaking point for my girlfriend who left me. I even made my excuses to one of my best friends to not see them before they left to another country who may not ever return.

I am a short guy with a baby face and have a massive recede on one side of my head(how is this?) and partial receding on the other. I would not look right with a shaved head due to my height and looks.

Basically due to my age and lack of hair loss in the family I want to have a 2000 or so graft hair transplant and keep going with smaller procedures if needed to lessen stress on my temples.

I have looked at a lot of surgeons and my shortlist has come up with a few ethical hands on surgeons.

I am between Dr Keser, Demirsoy(Very cheap but great results) and Dr Oztan of HLC.

Being young, Erdogan is not an option. His approach is unethical in my opinion. No planning for the future in his patients, he dense packs everything.

Keser does everything himself which is impressive.

Saifis results speak for themselves and so do Demirsoy.

And Dr Oztan is like a slightly larger operating version of Keser.

Of these doctors what would you pick? All are very ethical and fair in their approach. Saifi was my favourite but searching further they are all accomplished surgeons. I must say also that I am open to FUT if anyone has suggestions to other surgeons as I have always had longer hair.

Also, I wanted to start a seperate thread but I don't want to clog up the forum but I am super interested in is IOHair too. Apparently Erdogans old technicians have set this up? Has anyone heard any rumblings/seen results from their clinic? They offer the long haired fue, and if they genuinely can pull that off they must be very talented.

Hey Speegs,

Im in Dublin, Ireland. Toying with Dr Andre Nel too as he has solid results on his site but an Irish based doc will be an Irish price

Not familiar with anybody over there I'm afraid, but I know some world class American ones if you want to make a medical tourist visit and take a vacation.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Hi Mickhah,

I'm afraid I cannot be of too much help, as I don't know much about surgeons in Turkey. Even though my hairloss is very different from yours (it only picked up later in my life), I really feel for your situation...

Since money does seem to be an issue for you, and since you say that the shaven look does not suit you, my impression is that you should consider doctors that also perform FUT. At consultation (especially if in person) they may be able to advice you. In Belgium there are a few of them (Feriduni, Bisanga...) well known for being very ethical.

Another important observation: if your pattern of hairloss is so special, it may be that this is not androgenetic alopecia. Have you asked a dermatologist to have a proper look at your hair? There may be other reasons for hairloss, which can sometimes be detected with blood tests (e.g. thyroid malfunction).

Last question: I really like Erdogan's work (should I need another operation, he'd be first on my list), but I'm also concerned about his donor management, and surprised about what you told about his old technicians founding a new center. Where have you seen this? I'd be interested in reading about it...

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. Do not take rushed decisions, and I'm sure that in a few years you will be able to look at this time with a smile.

2950 grafts FUE transplant with Dr Bisanga in Feb 2017:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186106-fue-dr-bisanga.html

Hey Mickhah,

I'm from Dublin and in June I had some treatment with Dr.Saifi. I would highly recommend him. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in contact with me.

How much does Dr Saifi charge per graft? Also, I tried emailing him a couple of times but never got a response to my enquries... What's the best way to contact him? Thanks

Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions. Took the big step after that post and got my Fin prescription. Something I thought I would never get around to doing so we are on the right road.

@tomislav I owe you a big thank you in particular as looking into thyroid issues I seem to have a few of the strong symptoms so I will be seeing a doc this week. Even if its not linked to hair loss its a great call and thank you. Also on the money side, its not really a factor as its an investment in me and I think I would reap the words with confidence where I work as there is huge scope to progress, it is just that I can't justify spending 10k somewhere when Docs like Keser, Oztan and Saifi are producing the same results. I have looked into Bisanga too with great interest and his results are amazing but I think his FUT and FUE are quite pricey? I cant find information without approaching them which is something I don't want to do yet. Clearly a top doc though and you look great.

@nordic80 and deanoo78 it is very hard to research him as there is little information bar his results which are great but limited. I was really concerned by the youtube side but that can be anyone attacking him including other docs. I like how he believes in less being more which helps with future planning and anybody that has been to him has said he is a top doc. I hope and am sure both of your journeys will be happy ones :)

I think my key criteria is a doctor who uses the minimum amount of donor to achieve strong, consistent results, I want to add another name I forgot while writing my original post which is Dr Bhatti in india. All results from his clinic are top notch and seems like a great doctor too with minimum graft usage.

All in I am lucky to be living in a time with so many great doctors and the industry is only improving so hopefully this time next year I will have had a few months recovery and am beginning to see my new awesome hairline.

I think my key criteria is a doctor who uses the minimum amount of donor to achieve strong, consistent results, I want to add another name I forgot while writing my original post which is Dr Bhatti in india. All results from his clinic are top notch and seems like a great doctor too with minimum graft usage.

All in I am lucky to be living in a time with so many great doctors and the industry is only improving so hopefully this time next year I will have had a few months recovery and am beginning to see my new awesome hairline.

Hi Mick,

If you want to consider Dr Bhatti, then please feel free to contact me using the details below. I can give you all the information you need including many UK references to help you make an informed decision. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Mickhah,

Considering that you're in Ireland, and if you are willing to travel internationally, I would recommend looking into Dr. Sanusi Umar in Redondo Beach.

I am victim of the hair transplant industry, and created a blog to help people avoid the mistakes I made early on. I was sold into having a small strip surgery at the age of 19, which should have never been done.

Dr. Umar literally saved me.

Good luck with your decision.

http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I heard the same thing about IOhair and gave them a shot a few weeks ago in instanbul, they only use manual FUE too, like keser etc. They were super professional, and very genuine folk. I'll be posting more result soon. So far i'm very impressed, really balanced my hairline out.

Also, I wanted to start a seperate thread but I don't want to clog up the forum but I am super interested in is IOHair too. Apparently Erdogans old technicians have set this up? Has anyone heard any rumblings/seen results from their clinic? They offer the long haired fue, and if they genuinely can pull that off they must be very talented.

IMG_3691.thumb.jpg.6bf6d4a4219e75f9170bb4277782f42a.jpg

Edited by drazek
typo