not happy with my hair transplant

HT0416

i had a 3000grafts fue hair transplant done 16 months ago in Turkey. I was told when i had it done i was a suitable candidate because i had really thick hair and lots of donor supply. i was happy to get it done on these terms and because i was receding.

when i turnt up in turkey i was warmly welcomed when i turnt up at the clinic, i then sat down with doctor and he showed me hair line examples of past patients that would fit my face. all past ops looked really good and natural. i explained to him what i wanted a natural hairline that didn't show i was receding. he drew me a hairline which he explained was best for my face. not knowing to much on shapes of hairlines apart from just wanted to fill my receding areas up i went along with this. before i went into surgery the next morning, i asked my english translator if my hairline looked alright and assured me it was all good as i doubts on the way it looked i went along with it - i had the surgery.

after 2 months post op i noticed my left temple area was far back to my right side so i contacted the clinic to ask why. they said i needed to wait till the 8 month mark to see if it it grows out.

i waited to the 8 month mark no change. doubting each month on the way the hairline and temples looked.

hair started to fill my frontal and temples slowly after that.

after the hair filled and started to become dense. i was in my bathroom one evening as i had the light on i looked in the mirror and i could see the light shining down on to my scalp through the new hair transplants hair which looked really thin and wiry which i could count individual hairs when having hair slicked back also i could see a round redish circle when the new hairs were transplanted. i contacted the clinic and sent photos, they assured me everything is ok with hair transplant and that i have nothing to worry about also i should wait till 15 months mark for hair to mature.

15 month mark came i looked in the mirror my hairline still looked un-natural and too straight oddly wonky making head look square, my left sided temple is further back to my right side, temples both look oddly designed looking un-neutral, hair cant cope against harsh light when its not flat, i can see a round circle on forehead. hair is unmanageable to style as new hair looks way different to original - just not happy.

i have contacted clinic at the 16 month which took time to finally get hold off as all numbers were not getting connected , finally managed to get through to english translator through whatsapp to ask if they had seen my email at 16 month mark and what they think, they assured me everything is ok and that my hair transplant was one of the good results coming from the clinic.

i feel upset at this current stage as i have had to go through 16 months looking like ive had a serious illness to then see my results which im not too happy with.

pictures don't show the true reflection of my points as i recently found out pictures do hair transplants justice in terms of looking more natural.

i just feel spending ?7k on a hair transplant with a recommended clinic with one of the best doctors from this site i should at least be able to pleased with my new hairline and slick my hair back, instead due to the new transplant hair with look un-natural and thin i am unable to style how i want it.

am i expecting too much?

hairlight.thumb.jpg.492152669027196e663f87d0dd250159.jpg

Edited by HT0416

I can see where you might be disappointed with some of the single hairs up front seeming a bit too uniformly placed - un-natural doesn't seem to be the right description, its just not soft enough for a hairline. It would be better if you could show your hair styled or slick back to really show how the hairline looks fully exposed. The good news is its not a tremendous disaster and probably a quick fix for a skilled surgeon - ie. add some additional density in between existing hairs with some single hair softners up front for a more natural irregular hairline pattern. Get a few consults with a few top knotch docs, I don't think it will take much to actually meet your expectations and improve upon what you have. Good luck

Without pre ops and better pics it will be hard for anyone to make a meaningful assessment. Overhead harsh lights will poke holes in most transplants.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

This is exactly the reason l have been hesitant to consider a HT outside of North America. Cheap mega sessions sound great until something like this happens.

Western Europe could be an option, but trying to follow up on a problem from half way around the world does not appeal to me.

Lighting can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Overhead bathroom room lighting is generally the latter. I agree we need to see pre-op pics for some perspective here but judging by what you're showing the transplant looks mostly like a success.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The whole idea for me getting a hair transplant was to have nice hairline to frame my face and correct the receding temples. It took 2 years of researching a doctor to finally choose Dr Erdogan - I choose him based on previous work and was happy he could do the job.

I just feel the hair transplant i have received is not to the standard i thought it would be, it is to the fact that hair has grown and i have hair on my head, but the actual design of my new hairline and temples to frame face and how it stands up in harsh light is not quite as good

Hair transplants are meant to be undetectable if done correctly.

It may just need a touch up to correct problems so awaiting Asmed response with a date for live consultation.

The failure in this case is patient education/ expectations. The transplant is to today's standards.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Agree with Spanker and JeanLuc. This is/was a successful HT

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I was only norwood 2.

giphy.gif

Started as a NW2 and got 3k grafts, don't know what everyone else in this thread is smoking... your temples look pretty receded in the pics you've posted (which admittedly are all face-on mostly with your hair shading the hairline and don't show the temple area properly, seriously take some good lighted pics with your hair pulled back and from multiple angles so we can see the hairline), where did the 3k grafts go? We need a post op pic showing the graft layout because you look like a NW2 right now...also I think the hairline edge is too straight/uniform which gives it a bit of that hairpiece look but again, close up focused pictures will help a lot.

Also FUE extraction can damage/stress the grafts enough to cause the hair to change it's character once it grows back in, which would explain why it seems markedly different to you. I'm preparing to get attacked for bringing this up but it's a thing that happens and is one of the potential downsides to FUE and it can come from both patient physiology and the ability of the person doing the extractions. Does asmed let techs do extractions or does the doctor do it all?

The whole idea for me getting a hair transplant was to have nice hairline to frame my face and correct the receding temples. It took 2 years of researching a doctor to finally choose Dr Erdogan - I choose him based on previous work and was happy he could do the job.

I just feel the hair transplant i have received is not to the standard i thought it would be, it is to the fact that hair has grown and i have hair on my head, but the actual design of my new hairline and temples to frame face and how it stands up in harsh light is not quite as good

Hair transplants are meant to be undetectable if done correctly.

It may just need a touch up to correct problems so awaiting Asmed response with a date for live consultation.

people throw around the term "undetectable" with regards to hair transplants - and while a modern HT in the hands of a skilled surgeon can come out being undetectable, its never the same as what nature gave us and NEVER truly "undetectable" to someone with a trained eye ..... that's the real standard