2022 Grafts with DR. DIEP (FUT) Revision Surgery

hairvanity

• 4 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 2:42 AM, hairvanity said:

Yes Dr. Diep does knock you out with the cocktail of pills you take before surgery.  No that is not typical of most clinics but thank god he does! My first procedure with another doctor I was wide awake and it was very painful, uncomfortable, and felt like I was there forever. 

For FUT, once you’re knocked out he cuts out the strip and hands it off to techs for dissection. He then stitches you up and makes the sites for the techs to place the grafts in. That’s about all he really has to do for FUT... He was probably in the next room working on his FUE patient. He only does one FUE max per day and one FUT. The FUT patient doesn’t need his undivided attention like the FUE patient does. 

30926E54-68FF-49F6-824C-423DE2D0D557.jpeg

E34FB164-43E1-49D6-BBEE-47C8F45027A6.jpeg

Hey amazing results. How many more sprouts did u notice coming out after 5 months?

20 minutes ago, literalno said:

Hey amazing results. How many more sprouts did u notice coming out after 5 months?

I kept seeing growth until about 8 months and after it started to thicken up. I’m at 17 months post op and I feel like it got alttle thicker in the last couple months. I no longer feel like I need another procedure. Unless of course I’m under really harsh bright LED light but that’s not very often. 

2 minutes ago, hairvanity said:

I kept seeing growth until about 8 months and after it started to thicken up. I’m at 17 months post op and I feel like it got alttle thicker in the last couple months. I no longer feel like I need another procedure. Unless of course I’m under really harsh bright LED light but that’s not very often. 

Okay awesome im at 5 months rn, still pretty thin so hoping for a lot of thickening between now and then

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hairvanity said:

17 months post op w/ Dr. Diep. I do not wish to do another procedure. It does thicken up even after the 12 month mark. 

352B4199-8CE8-4FCB-B9E0-22140D2D87A4.jpeg

7E9A72CA-EEB9-41C4-9FFB-FA396D915194.jpeg

Unbelievable results man! Seriously mind bending! How much growth do u think u had percentage wise at 5 months?

8 hours ago, hairvanity said:

You could just be a slower grower. Everyone is different. Did you go to Diep? 

Hey man do you have any post op pics from your failed surgery? And did diep mention anything about scar tissue in your recipient?

3 hours ago, Payam said:

Hey man do you have any post op pics from your failed surgery? And did diep mention anything about scar tissue in your recipient?

Yes. Here is a picture of my results 1 Year after my failed surgery. I had very little growth and a lot of what appeared to be holes/pitting in my scalp because the grafts were placed too deep. This is actually the results after two (2) failed surgeries by the same doctor. My third and final procedure was with Dr. Diep. 

C7DC9A45-5EDC-4F1A-A8A4-A57A772A4554.jpeg

Edited by hairvanity

• Administrators
3 hours ago, hairvanity said:

Yes. Here is a picture of my results 1 Year after my failed surgery. I had very little growth and a lot of what appeared to be holes/pitting in my scalp because the grafts were placed too deep. This is actually the results after two (2) failed surgeries by the same doctor. My third and final procedure was with Dr. Diep. 

C7DC9A45-5EDC-4F1A-A8A4-A57A772A4554.jpeg

Wow man that was an awful situation to be in, I'm happy that things worked out for you and now you have really great hairline. I particularly like the slight widows peak. I think it makes the hairline look really natural and refined.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Your result turned out well. Looks even better at 17 months. Congratulations.

I also went to Dr. Diep and I am almost at 8 months but unfortunately, I look like you at 4 months. Still a nice improvement from where I started but I was hoping for more density. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Edited by FrontalHT12

33 minutes ago, FrontalHT12 said:

Your result turned out well. Looks even better at 17 months. Congratulations.

I also went to Dr. Diep and I am almost at 8 months but unfortunately, I look like you at 4 months. Still a nice improvement from where I started but I was hoping for more density. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Thanks I took a look at your thread and hopefully not only do you get more growth but it also thickens up for you. At 6 months you could possibly still see 50% more growth. 

Edited by hairvanity

1 minute ago, hairvanity said:

Thanks I took a look at your thread and hopefully not only donyou get more growth but it also thickens up for you. At 6 months you could possibly still see 50% more growth. 

Fingers crossed. Thanks for taking a look.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shookwon33 said:

what made you decide to do FUT versus FUE? Curious

I had a previous failed FUT procedure with a large scar so I wanted Dr Diep to remove that old scar and redo it. The scar is a lot better now I can cut my hair down to a 3 guard. 

On 5/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, JeanLDD said:

The reality is that perfect density in a single pass (to a level that's completely satisfying aesthetically to you, and as dense as surgically possible) rarely occurs. Every patient in my opinion should budget for and choose a surgeon they can afford for multiple procedures, not just the one and done.

In terms of cosmetic improvement over what you previously had, it's no doubt huge. Can't really be too disappointed with it, probably feels a little worse seeing as you've been through procedures so many times now but to any person off the street they'd have no idea you'd had work done.

The reality is not that everybody has the funding to look beyond their first surgery & not every surgeon (recommended on this website) advises that further surgery is a requirement, false hopes comes to mind. Thats life. 

3 hours ago, Raker said:

The reality is not that everybody has the funding to look beyond their first surgery & not every surgeon (recommended on this website) advises that further surgery is a requirement, false hopes comes to mind. Thats life. 

This would be a fair enough comment if not for the fact that OP went to one of the most expensive surgeons in the world. Plenty of top-tier surgeons at significantly cheaper rates, many would be better off selecting an elite surgeon like Hasson/Wong who are relatively inexpensive for their FUT work if it meant they could afford a second surgery.

I’m also not suggesting that is usually a “requirement”, but rather virtually no one gets perfect results in a single pass, or even one that can’t be significantly improved usually. It’s just a fact. Obviously time factors, budget, location all come into this too but it should be a consideration and the vast majority of people would be better off budgeting for multiple procedures.

OP got a great result however and certainly doesn’t need more work at this point. But always room for improvement.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:16 PM, JeanLDD said:

This would be a fair enough comment if not for the fact that OP went to one of the most expensive surgeons in the world. Plenty of top-tier surgeons at significantly cheaper rates, many would be better off selecting an elite surgeon like Hasson/Wong who are relatively inexpensive for their FUT work if it meant they could afford a second surgery.

I’m also not suggesting that is usually a “requirement”, but rather virtually no one gets perfect results in a single pass, or even one that can’t be significantly improved usually. It’s just a fact. Obviously time factors, budget, location all come into this too but it should be a consideration and the vast majority of people would be better off budgeting for multiple procedures.

OP got a great result however and certainly doesn’t need more work at this point. But always room for improvement.

not discrediting anything you're saying, but to play devil's advocate, i feel like this would be an easier consideration and concept for ppl to understand if top-tier surgeons (not going to name names) didn't post ONLY perfect results on their sites or in these forums. obviously everyone has different degrees on hairloss and some cases are better than others, as everyone has a different experience, but i do believe that if someone goes "oh look at ALL of these fantastic results, this could be me!", and then it doesn't turn out that way, then i kinda think that it borders on being misled. sorry if this is a jumbled thought, i'm trying to type this while watching true detective lol.

6 minutes ago, brickellmoto said:

not discrediting anything you're saying, but to play devil's advocate, i feel like this would be an easier consideration and concept for ppl to understand if top-tier surgeons (not going to name names) didn't post ONLY perfect results on their sites or in these forums. obviously everyone has different degrees on hairloss and some cases are better than others, as everyone has a different experience, but i do believe that if someone goes "oh look at ALL of these fantastic results, this could be me!", and then it doesn't turn out that way, then i kinda think that it borders on being misled. sorry if this is a jumbled thought, i'm trying to type this while watching true detective lol.

Very much agree. It is what it is though, hard to expect clinics to do any different but people can always make sure they do extensive research of patient posted results.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, brickellmoto said:

Fair response & you’re absolutely right. Many times ‘top tier & and perhaps many surgeons selectively forget to note it has taken more than one attempt to achieve satisfactory results. However I for one believe it’ll take more than one surgical visit to get where you want to be, as in life it’s a contant battle to achieve satisfaction. But as you say it builds false hopes for the naive.