2022 Grafts with DR. DIEP (FUT) Revision Surgery

hairvanity

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys I’m at 6 months post op, things look great depending on the lighting!

I expect to get 40-50% more density, if that happens then yes I would recommend Dr Diep ;)

Quite a big difference from the four month pictures you posted. I think it's looking great. The hairline looks completely natural. You're going to continue to add density as you get to 12 months. Dr. Diep really fixed it for you, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely look much better than where I started and I only hope to get more growth. IF there is isnt more growth to come then there are areas that were either not densely packed enough or did not grow. Hopefully things will get better but if they didn’t I might get FUE to do a touch up and so that I can fill in my scar and add density. I’d probably try a different FUE pro unless Diep gave me another good deal. In some lighting it looks very good. Overall Dr. Diep and his team did a nice job!

EDB8C89B-EA01-4632-8893-0D5472887434.thumb.jpg.f4aa626953387e4afb79a40ee0a8a63a.jpg

F375D581-3ABB-420F-8B89-D8484331E1E2.thumb.jpg.0224a9d4f0bab175290a9c756d77e2be.jpg

5B486ED8-D093-4F99-8970-945FDAF075E2.thumb.jpg.5f5b205cd89a5849ab23b851d5b6fcfd.jpg

A2CF3F71-E9E9-4189-BB9E-120ADBB32CFD.thumb.jpg.9daaa7e0e31a946576e728923b078dd5.jpg

Edited by hairvanity

You are some many miles ahead of where you were. If you feel unsatisfied, go bad and look at your pre ops.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I definitely look much better than where I started and I only hope to get more growth. IF there is isnt more growth to come then there are areas that were either not densely packed enough or did not grow. Hopefully things will get better but if they didn’t I’d probably get FUE so that I can fill in my scar and add density. I’d probably try a different FUE pro unless Diep gave me another good deal. In some lighting it looks good!

I think a lot of people would love to be where you're at right now.

Ur hair looks pretty good . Early grower with a nice dense hairline .. n it’s going to be better .. remember .. this is ur 3rd transplant into ur hairline .. ur physiology is not good. U should appreciate what u got right now .. u don’t need to wear a hat anymore ..

As u age u will lose more hair .. don’t try to be a perfectionist , u a balding man. Be happy n feel comfortable with ur self .. n save ur grafts for future hairloss..’

• 4 weeks later...

8 months post op from repair surgery with Dr. Diep.

Maybe I’ll have some more growth in the next 4 months.

I read somewhere that you can still expect 20-25% more growth at this mark, not sure if that applies to fast growers?

I am pleased with the results from Dr. Diep yet I still think about having FUE to add density to my hair line and into my fut scar. Might go with Dr. Nader in Mexico.

Opinions?

BCB05351-F8A4-431C-8B1F-AAF9807AE894.thumb.jpg.e22c0d178653eb344408648091ed22ea.jpg

4849D412-FA48-46D5-A478-453BFD89EE99.thumb.jpeg.88920f5a8b10a866c3fa3c84b5a972f6.jpeg

5321CB5B-8A90-477F-9DB7-B95B95420687.thumb.jpg.d0aaf96f7b741b3379fd4646599974a9.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Your hair looks fantastic man wow.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi hairvanity. Good growth! I can see why you want FUE to add density. But 12months may be a little early. You consider using hair conceaalers like Toppik to help tide you over until you have a better picture of how your final HT will look like?

• 1 month later...

Ur hairloss wasn’t that bad to begin with..

So knowing what u know now n what u been through n the money u spent . Would u of went the hair transplant route again ? I’m in the same

Position as u .. I’m still debating if I should do this ,. I’m booked for 2000 grafts with dr diep later this year for $16000k to the hairline like u .. do u think it be worth it for me ? I appreciate ur feedback ..

Ur hairloss wasn’t that bad to begin with..

So knowing what u know now n what u been through n the money u spent . Would u of went the hair transplant route again ? I’m in the same

Position as u .. I’m still debating if I should do this ,. I’m booked for 2000 grafts with dr diep later this year for $16000k to the hairline like u .. do u think it be worth it for me ? I appreciate ur feedback ..

I needed to repair the mess I had from two previous failed surgeries.

If my first two surgeries would have looked like this one then I would have been very happy.

I think you will be happy with the results but you might end up wanting another transplant later on (most people want more density). I do think I look better than before.

If you can accept your hairline then that’s the cheapest and best option. otherwise prepare to be invested for the long haul. Diep is great but maybe there are other doctors just as good and not as expensive? Maybe not.

Edited by hairvanity

The reality is that perfect density in a single pass (to a level that's completely satisfying aesthetically to you, and as dense as surgically possible) rarely occurs. Every patient in my opinion should budget for and choose a surgeon they can afford for multiple procedures, not just the one and done.

In terms of cosmetic improvement over what you previously had, it's no doubt huge. Can't really be too disappointed with it, probably feels a little worse seeing as you've been through procedures so many times now but to any person off the street they'd have no idea you'd had work done.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Things keep looking better, thanks for continuing to update us with your progress.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 months later...

Great final results with Dr. Diep. I thought about another procedure for more density but definitely not required so I will keep it like this. 12 month post op video- 

9D74FD3C-72D8-4935-AC25-3FE2B4C1CD06.jpeg

8B37751F-CAA0-4EB3-958B-5FA9AD2C781B.jpeg

Edited by hairvanity
  • Like 1

• Administrators

If I’m being completely honest, I’m kinda jealous. You’ve got some of the most impressive results from Dr. Diep, where are you gonna fit more hair man lol. This is going down in the books.

View my thread

Looks great .. there’s definite improvement from month 9 n now at 12 .. no see thru effect at all .. n the hairline definitely shows the artistry of a good transplant ., looks very natural , unlike  the straight across hairlines .. I think u should just enjoy ur hair now . It’s probably not worth the risk of another surgery n money to try n get more density ;: u got enough already ..  u in a good place right now ;; until the native hair behind the hairline starts to thin, u should be good for a few more years .. thanks for update .. 

Oh yeah ., if u have pics of ur hair before u had ur first transplant ,: n after ur first n 2nd transplant before u has ur 3rd with diep .. it be very helpful for others n myself .. I be going to diep too , so ur case is important to me .

Honestly don't do another surgery, it looks nearly as dense as its going to get and unless you are standing really close to someone that obsesses over transplants no one is going to know you had work done. Perhaps only focus on the scar now so you can wear your hair short, you've had a hard road and I'm happy for you man!

Fantastic result. Natural, dense, great design.

You should burn all hats you have at home! The other clinics was really horrible, but you cannot see anything of their bad work.

Congratulations. Live your life and save the remeining hair for potential future loss.

Yes Dr. Diep does knock you out with the cocktail of pills you take before surgery.  No that is not typical of most clinics but thank god he does! My first procedure with another doctor I was wide awake and it was very painful, uncomfortable, and felt like I was there forever. 

For FUT, once you’re knocked out he cuts out the strip and hands it off to techs for dissection. He then stitches you up and makes the sites for the techs to place the grafts in. That’s about all he really has to do for FUT... He was probably in the next room working on his FUE patient. He only does one FUE max per day and one FUT. The FUT patient doesn’t need his undivided attention like the FUE patient does. 

30926E54-68FF-49F6-824C-423DE2D0D557.jpeg

E34FB164-43E1-49D6-BBEE-47C8F45027A6.jpeg

Edited by hairvanity