28 Yr Frontal Transplant (~2100 Graft) 8 Months

Speran28

4.5 month update:

Hair is much better but there are still some small gaps I feel? Hopefully by 6 months it fill in more. My scar is still healing so I am still limited in how short I can cut it, but it's def. better then my first one.

20180929_182304.jpg

20180929_214933.jpg

20180929_214955.jpg

20180929_182236.jpg

20180929_182241.jpg

20180929_215010.jpg

16 minutes ago, Speran28 said:

4.5 month update:

Hair is much better but there are still some small gaps I feel? Hopefully by 6 months it fill in more. My scar is still healing so I am still limited in how short I can cut it, but it's def. better then my first one.

Progressing very well.  How much graft was added this time around?  Is your recipient area still reddish or back to normal?

• Valued Contributor

It’s really coming along. Light years ahead of where you where at when you first started posting last time around and that was 8 months!! With the way it’s coming in I think you’re going to be thrilled in 1 and a half to 2 months. You’ll be a beast in 6 months!

Do you have any pictures of your scar in its current state?

Happy growing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 10:20 PM, Speran28 said:

Almost back to normal. 

It was about 1800 grafts. I had him prioritize making the scar as small as possible over getting a ton of grafts.

I seem to be in the exact same situation as you are. I also had a procedure with Mcgrath and I am at my 11 month mark, and they also offered me a free surgery to fix this. This sounded like a great option to me, as I am not someone who can just throw down some cash to go to a new doctor easily(I can.... but wouldn't a free one be better than having to spend another 10k to another doctor in order to fix it?). I am really stressing out here now. Should I take the free surgery to repair it, and express my concerns to Mcgrath that it was not dense enough, and have him try to pack them denser? Or should I also go with the route of getting a refund? I currently have the free surgery scheduled for early 2019, but now after reading your entire thread I am not sure what I should do. Try asking for a refund? Continue with the second free surgery? Or just dish out 10k to another reputable doctor to fix it? I have a great donor area. Please anything you can provide. 

20181014_140704.jpg

20181014_140715.jpg

20181014_140725.jpg

20181014_140148.jpg

20181014_140203.jpg

20181014_140231.jpg

20181014_140136.jpg

Edited by twf123

1 hour ago, twf123 said:

I seem to be in the exact same situation as you are. I also had a procedure with Mcgrath and I am at my 11 month mark, and they also offered me a free surgery to fix this. This sounded like a great option to me, as I am not someone who can just throw down some cash to go to a new doctor easily(I can.... but wouldn't a free one be better than having to spend another 10k to another doctor in order to fix it?). I am really stressing out here now. Should I take the free surgery to repair it, and express my concerns to Mcgrath that it was not dense enough, and have him try to pack them denser? Or should I also go with the route of getting a refund? I currently have the free surgery scheduled for early 2019, but now after reading your entire thread I am not sure what I should do. Try asking for a refund? Continue with the second free surgery? Or just dish out 10k to another reputable doctor to fix it? I have a great donor area. Please anything you can provide. 

20181014_140704.jpg

20181014_140715.jpg

20181014_140725.jpg

20181014_140148.jpg

20181014_140203.jpg

20181014_140231.jpg

20181014_140136.jpg

That's pretty terrible.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, twf123 said:

I seem to be in the exact same situation as you are. I also had a procedure with Mcgrath and I am at my 11 month mark, and they also offered me a free surgery to fix this. 

The only reason to go to the same clinic for a touch up if it is average result in terms of density but otherwise great work.

If it is poor growth with great work, it might be rquired to try another clinic with another method e. g. FUT instead of FUE or implanter pen instead of forceps.
If it is any kind of growth and poor work, then try to get some money back and run. 

Here it is poor growth with bad craftmanship ---> run. 

EDIT: I recommend to have your own thread cause it gets confusing in here. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

On 10/14/2018 at 2:30 PM, Spanker said:

That's pretty terrible.

McGrath is a product of the Ziering hair mill, also employs hackneyed sales consultants in the model of Hair Club and MHR, his background.

His present sales guy was even formerly with that bat crazy Florida physician famous on youtube who uses two ludicrous blades to extract donor and does untold harm in the process, that crackpot lost his license in Tennessee and proclaimed himself Jesus Christ in a blog rant.

Can't make this stuff up, run, don't walk from such people.

It's why even though I live in Austin I traveled to Portland!

Edited by Speegs
  • Like 1

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• Administrators

This can be easily fixed, but I will say this, money comes and goes, but your donor supply is finite. Therefore, if your not confident in your surgeon it is best to search for another surgeon who will make things right. I would rather live 10-15K dollars poorer than live with a bad hair transplant result that everyone sees on a daily basis.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This can be easily fixed, but I will say this, money comes and goes, but your donor supply is finite. Therefore, if your not confident in your surgeon it is best to search for another surgeon who will make things right. I would rather live 10-15K dollars poorer than live with a bad hair transplant result that everyone sees on a daily basis.

I am thinking I agree. I wonder how much it would be to fix this

• Administrators
3 hours ago, twf123 said:

I am thinking I agree. I wonder how much it would be to fix this

It really depends, you only require refinement really, I don't see this costing more than 10K. I would imagine you could fix this with around 1,000 grafts. Obviously, this would be keeping the hairline height, which I think is actually good. I don't think the hairline shape or design itself was bad. I just think the corners are a little sparse and could be refined. But to be perfectly honest, most people wouldn't really notice this too much, only trained eyes like those on this forum would pick it up. Either way, the goal of surgery is to not notice you have had surgery, so in essence you need to get that sorted out. Take a look at our recommended list, I would suggest looking on our surgeon review section of this forum to look at real patient threads with unbiased reviews.

Pre-screened hair restoration surgeons

Edit: After going back and reading your entire thread, I am going to address a few things. First you have a lot of scar tissue so the yield will be less than virgin scalp. Secondly, I don't see how you can say you're in the same position as you were previously. You look light years better now. I still think the corners can be refined, but I think you should stick with the surgeon who did the second procedure, it's clear they definitely did a good job repairing you, but your result could be better. It's just refinement of the corners to add density and some micro-irregularities.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 10/15/2018 at 11:56 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

It really depends, you only require refinement really, I don't see this costing more than 10K. I would imagine you could fix this with around 1,000 grafts. Obviously, this would be keeping the hairline height, which I think is actually good. I don't think the hairline shape or design itself was bad. I just think the corners are a little sparse and could be refined. But to be perfectly honest, most people wouldn't really notice this too much, only trained eyes like those on this forum would pick it up. Either way, the goal of surgery is to not notice you have had surgery, so in essence you need to get that sorted out. Take a look at our recommended list, I would suggest looking on our surgeon review section of this forum to look at real patient threads with unbiased reviews.

Pre-screened hair restoration surgeons

Edit: After going back and reading your entire thread, I am going to address a few things. First you have a lot of scar tissue so the yield will be less than virgin scalp. Secondly, I don't see how you can say you're in the same position as you were previously. You look light years better now. I still think the corners can be refined, but I think you should stick with the surgeon who did the second procedure, it's clear they definitely did a good job repairing you, but your result could be better. It's just refinement of the corners to add density and some micro-irregularities.

He hijacked the thread. That is not him at the beginning of this thread. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 10/14/2018 at 1:09 PM, twf123 said:

20181014_140704.jpg

20181014_140715.jpg

20181014_140725.jpg

20181014_140148.jpg

20181014_140203.jpg

20181014_140231.jpg

20181014_140136.jpg

I live in Austin, wish you'd come here before going to Mcgrath, I would've warned you to stay clear.

Feel free to reach out to me about my opinion of Texas hair doctors in a PM, personally, I chose to go to Portland.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• Administrators
6 hours ago, twf123 said:

Yes, sorry for the confusion. 

In the future please create your own thread. 

View my thread