Some shampoo advise please.

Hello!

I recently had a transplant. I will be starting my minoxidil routine soon, once I get my scabs off. I am using a baby shampoo as advised. I was told by my doctor to use any regular shampoo like Head and Shoulders after the 15th day.

I have been using minoxidil for 3 years now and I have always used it along with an anti dandruff shampoo as my ex-dermatologist had prescribed. The most recent one I used until my HT is called Ketafung. May be, it was just prescribed for my dandruff and has no connection with minoxidil.

Relevant information to consider:

I guess I have a dry scalp. Overall, dry skin too.

Minoxidil 'solution' itches. So, I am shifting to foam this time.

Now that I haven't used the anti dandruff shampoo post the surgery, I might well have tons of dandruff on my hair now. Can't really differentiate between the HT itch and the dandruff itch. I, currently could be having both.

So, some shampoo suggestions please. I am from India. So, I might have to Amazon if you guys are going to advise products not manufactured or imported here.

Cheers!

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

To anyone who might be interested, I talked to my doctor post writing this tread and she prescribed me Anaphase (Optional - Volume giver) or any regular shampoo for daily use and Nizoral 2%, twice a week for the dandruff.

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Hey, I'm currently using the RegenePure hairloss system. I've been using it for a little over a 6 months now. I first started suffering for hairloss mid 2016. I starting do research online for advice and reviews on people's personally experience when I read about RegenePure DR. A lot people spoke very highly of their products so I gave it a try. I knew I wasn't going to see immediate results, but after 4-6 months of use, I noticed the thinning area were my temples is seemed to look a little fuller than it has in months. That was when I started my research about minoxidil. I've been using the Regenepure Precision spray minoxidil for a little less than 3 months and I've noticed that the thinning areas are start to look slightly fuller as times goes on. I can say all experiences are the same, but it's worth a try. Also in regards to your issue with the dry scalp and dandruff I believe Regenepure DR and Regenepure NT duo set which is a nourishing shampoo would help combat against the dandruff and dry itch scalp issue that you seem to be experiencing, as I've read on reviews while researching Regenepure on different forum that people acknowledge that's helped with their dandruff issues. I hope this little info I provided you helps with your current issue. Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

I mostly use Alpecin, sometimes Nizarol2% I also got the lipogain shampoo which i use very occasionally.

Recently i use Nutra vital shampoo every other day my hair has a notable shine to it, now i don't know if this is a good thing? is it the shampoo? the supplements i'm taking?

I've had comments ' your hair is shiny'

When i had a hair itch/ rash flaky type of itch i reduced minoxidil to once per day and used nizarol a few more times a week and it has since gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I always hate recommending this because at the risk of sounding like an infomercial, but I use Ovation Cell Therapy and it helps my dry scalp tremendously. I've had dry/flaky scalp my entire life and it's literally one of the only things that has helped me.

My scalp is also extremely sensitive and I'm allergic to most hair products, which cause it to break out, get drier/flakier, etc. I have to use all natural, plant based products on my hair which also really helps. My new favorite brand is one called Loma.

Lastly, when I do have an outbreak, I put raw apple cider vinegar directly on my scalp and it clears things up within a day.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I used to use Pura D'Or but it seemed like I shed a lot more than a shampoo not for hair loss. The past month, I have been using a DHT Blocking shampoo from hairlossdhtshampoo.com. I have only seen a few hairs in the shower each time and it has been adding nice volume. Too early to judge any hair growth benefits. Will update in a few months.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am really surprised your doctor told you to use Head and Shoulders, because it’s so bad for your hair. It’s full of sulfates which can clog and damage the hair follicle, it strips the hair strand of moisture and it can cause breakage and hair loss. There are lots of better shampoo options out there.