Maturation past the one year mark

Transhair

So, there's no growth in the sense of new hairs since the one year point and I still need to look into SMP or something to fix it (currently using dermatch). But the hairs maturing has helped a bit to cover it up and I've taken some pictures outdoors to show the improvement compared to my very disappointing one year result.

IMG_3346.thumb.jpg.2affb96076e3a5395a480bccb6c6f2fb.jpg

IMG_3357.thumb.jpg.5462e697f23d9bf2073909ffeba2c0ae.jpg

IMG_3359.thumb.jpg.edeacb57907d1d5b3f97edcdf20ec765.jpg

IMG_3365.thumb.jpg.87dede0ac436c819b28e88aab87f4e9a.jpg

I feel that after the 12 months , many people do not feel the robustness that they felt after the 8 month onward , somehow I think that maybe as the hair matures back to its original form the wiry hair that were sprouting at the 6 - 8 month period begin to smooth out after say 14 months , hence many patients do feel as if they are loosing the Bulk .

Many patients will echo the same with me , but I guess No doctor will agree .

It doesn't look too bad anymore. But it's still low density enough to be see through in harsh or bathroom type lighting (or Uniqlo lights), and it took 4000 grafts to get here when I had a relatively small surface area.

Mmh, if I see an issue than it is not density. It is hair characteritics (which appear "wiry") in the front and maybe Skin collor in the same area.

Of course you could have a small FUE add on Job done. ~500 grafts will create a wall of hair in my opinion. But I would adress the other Topics first.

Good luck.

Your result looks awesome!

I personally experienced more growth and significant maturation after the 12-14 month mark. However, I am not sure if that is because I had a hybrid session of beard, body, and little head hair. Therefore, the beard and body hair may grow and mature differently than head donor.

Keep an eye on it going forward, and good luck with everything.

Happy Patient's Blog

• 3 weeks later...

Hi transhair, im from australia and i had smp performed about 2 years ago, from my experience i would strongly advise against it, although it may look good to begin with it doesnt take very long before the detail in each pigment starts to deteriorate, this happened to me within just a few months and now at 2 years it just looks like a smear of grey. Within 3 to 4 months i was finding myself grabbing for my hat everytime i walked out the door i now wear my hat basically from the time i wake up to the time i go to bed. Smp should be outlawed imo. I've booked in a transplant with dr. Radha from india in early November and hoping shes good enough to give me back some quality of life, Fingers crossed.

Edited by Jimmy86

I'm surprised that you are disappointed by your results considering most people, including me feel that you've had a very good result. No hair transplant is perfect, and you have to understand that hair restoration surgery is about the art of illusion. You will never achieve the kind of density back to the way things were before no hair loss however, you can get pretty close to looking like that but it might take more than a single procedure. You have been given some good advice on this topic so I suggest looking into that.

Best wishes,

Bill