Countdown to my HT

HG1

This is a huge improvement, congrats. 

To demonstrate the opposite side of the coin, it would be really useful to see what it looks like when you make it look “less flattering” by not styling it just so or by combing it apart or perhaps when it’s a little wet. These are perspectives that we often don’t see when a member showcases their results, and it would be really useful to have both perspectives. That said, I understand if you’d rather not. Either way, again, congrats. 

14 hours ago, yesplease said:

This is a huge improvement, congrats. 

To demonstrate the opposite side of the coin, it would be really useful to see what it looks like when you make it look “less flattering” by not styling it just so or by combing it apart or perhaps when it’s a little wet. These are perspectives that we often don’t see when a member showcases their results, and it would be really useful to have both perspectives. That said, I understand if you’d rather not. Either way, again, congrats. 

And closer, the photos are a bit far away and low-resolution. It's hard to see the hairline at all.

• Administrators

Thanks for posting, it’s easy to see the results look good, as you say though still just an illusion, which is a hat we should strive for in hair restoration.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

tThanks for posting, it’s easy to see the results look good, as you say though still just an illusion, which is a hat we should strive for in hair restoration.

Hi Guys thanks for the comments. I will try and get some better resolution photos posted, together with it brushed forward and scrapped back. I may come across as Pro Asmed, I'm not - just trying to give honest feedback. 

Ben,

I will be honest the hairline does contain a few doubles, but it really doesn't bother me one bit. As I've said previously the general public are mostly unaware of grafts having multiple hairs (my experience anyway). I'm wearing my hair to one side so the hairline is no really visible. I can honestly say that my hair looks as good as it did 25 years ago, when I was in my mid 20's, obviously when styled correctly

Edited by HG1
spelling

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

57 minutes ago, HG1 said:

Hi Guys thanks for the comments. I will try and get some better resolution photos posted, together with it brushed forward and scrapped back. I may come across as Pro Asmed, I'm not - just trying to give honest feedback. 

Ben,

I will be honest the hairline does contain a few doubles, but it really doesn't bother me one bit. As I've said previously the general public are mostly unaware of grafts having multiple hairs (my experience anyway). I'm wearing my hair to one side so the hairline is no really visible. I can honestly say that my hair looks as good as it did 25 years ago, when I was in my mid 20's, obviously when styled correctly

It's true that the top has much more hair than before the HT and considering how you looked before the HT, the difference is huge, it's not an illusion but a real and big improvement as I have told you privately, even if it doesn't look that great when wet as you seem to suggest. However, I noticed that something about the hairline, you don' have to show it in detail or better resolution if you don't want to, obviously. Every person has the right to show what they want to show, even if sometimes it makes us more curious.

As Melvin and other people have seen, in my case I only had hair loss in the front area (NW3-ish) so, honestly, I expect a good density in the front and a good hairline as other people that had NW3 before the HT have achieved. I am at the third month mark, I have been told that now is when growth starts. :)

Edited by BigBen
Typos

Ben,

I really have no issue showing the hairline or any other aspects of the hair. I had full input into its design and  I’m 100% happy with its shape / contour. I did think it was slightly low after the grafts were placed, but trusted the Dr that it would look good, I think it’s just right. As soon as I can get my hands on a decent camera, I will take some updated pics. The hair looks ok wet, obviously with 50% or less original density it’s never going to look like it once did. Only time my hair gets wet is when im washing it, so no worries there. 

3 months, nearing the end of ugly stage. Over the next couple of months, the magic will start. Hope you get a fabulous result.

• Like 1

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

23 hours ago, wheretogo said:

HG1, congrats on awesome result.

so, you don't use any hair product to style your hair?, just wash and comb it?

Hi Wheretogo,

I just use a small spot of gel after washing and that's it normally. Have used hairspray, sprayed on to a brush and brushed through. This gives a fuller look and gives a nice shine.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. I'm now at 13.5 months almost post Op. I'm still finding improvement each month. Mostly  the improvement is in hair calibre. Sorry no pictures, will try and provide some ASAP. I need a good haircut to be honest. I was lucky enough to be in Istanbul recently and called to see the team at Asmed. Dr Koray checked my hair and was happy with progress. We did agree I could do with another 1000 or so grafts in the crown, and he suggested addressing this via a long hair fue transplant, also probably a few hundred in both temple areas. I will give it till I'm 18 months before I decide on any further surgery. I've stopped with the Fin due to sides, so the weakness in the crown is probably down to losing further original hair. A little Toppic covers in seconds, so no real issue. 

I was lucky enough to be shown around the new facility at Asmed. It is amazing, really hi tec with the feel of a five start hotel. The place is huge. Everything is brand new and absolutely top quality. Whilst there I met up with all the old faces including Sema & Suzanne who were amazing as always. Also spoke to a couple of the Techs who were on my surgery. Some on here will no doubt say its Asmed turning more into a factory to push through more patients. I would suggest its reinvestment to give clients better care, support and ultimately a better result. 

Also worth noting Asmed have changed their post care pack slightly. ATP spray only used now up to the first wash - which is better and  the foam has changed to more cream like application, which is used prior to the wash. 

• Like 2

You had an amazing result! It's a great feeling isn't it!

I'm off for my second pass next week at the new clinic so looking forward to that.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, DEB1982 said:

You had an amazing result! It's a great feeling isn't it!

I'm off for my second pass next week at the new clinic so looking forward to that.

Hi Deb,

Yes really pleased thanks. Your write up  was one of the main reasons I chose ASMED as you know. The new facility is simply stunning and i'm sure you will be impressed. Say hi to Sema for me 😉. Not sure why you're  going again as your hair looks amazing, but the very best of luck.

34 minutes ago, HG1 said:

Hi Deb,

Yes really pleased thanks. Your write up  was one of the main reasons I chose ASMED as you know. The new facility is simply stunning and i'm sure you will be impressed. Say hi to Sema for me 😉. Not sure why you're  going again as your hair looks amazing, but the very best of luck.

I will say hello to Sema for you. Looking forward to seeing them all again. 

Most people on here are saying the same and perhaps I am being a little greedy but I know a small procedure will personally make the world of difference to me.

Cheers

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on. Sorry been busy enjoying the new hair. I'm around 19.5 months since my procedure with Asmed in Istanbul. Its hard to tell but I would say I saw improvement up to around 16 months. I will say it again, in my experience you have got to give a full year before thinking about another pass or considering the procedure a failure. I think my procedure was a great success, as my loss was huge. That's not to say a second pass is out of the question. I had just over 5000 grafts, another 1500 would infill the crown and maybe improve the temples. Having said that, I'm absolutely overjoyed with my result. Some pics below, apologies for the quality, promise to get some decent ones done soon. Again big shout out to Dr Koray and the Asmed team, they're work has been life changing and was worth all the time, money and effort.pic are obviously before and today 🙂.

_DSC6885.JPG

_DSC6893.JPG

_DSC6889.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

holy shit dude it looks amazing. other asmed patients would kill for this 

So unfair some patients get results like this and others don't :/ like me lol

4 hours ago, HG1 said:

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on. Sorry been busy enjoying the new hair. I'm around 19.5 months since my procedure with Asmed in Istanbul. Its hard to tell but I would say I saw improvement up to around 16 months. I will say it again, in my experience you have got to give a full year before thinking about another pass or considering the procedure a failure. I think my procedure was a great success, as my loss was huge. That's not to say a second pass is out of the question. I had just over 5000 grafts, another 1500 would infill the crown and maybe improve the temples. Having said that, I'm absolutely overjoyed with my result. Some pics below, apologies for the quality, promise to get some decent ones done soon. Again big shout out to Dr Koray and the Asmed team, they're work has been life changing and was worth all the time, money and effort.pic are obviously before and today 🙂.

_DSC6885.JPG

_DSC6893.JPG

_DSC6889.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

I'm at 7.5 months right now and my results seem stagnant now with low yield :/

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

holy shit dude it looks amazing. other asmed patients would kill for this 

Makes me consider taking asmed up on their warranty if they don't get me right the first time