Countdown to my HT

HG1

Hi PatientX,

Thanks I'm very happy, maybe the new hairline is a little too good!:D

Can't believe how little pain or how much swelling, I have got a football shape head at moment. First wash on my own, just completed. A little scary but ok. Will try and upload some pics now:cool:

IMG_0386.jpg.6477d48691a1921c79eb5d56d4e6bd3b.jpg

IMG_2909.thumb.JPG.17f7bfe59c1e95e92e6946fec6c0c448.JPG

IMG_2910.thumb.JPG.149ff6622c0b02dea6600b2f13379f5b.JPG

IMG_2911.thumb.JPG.0378e08af8b0555f09598fbd472f6380.JPG

IMG_2953.thumb.JPG.6ab1ee7e483e33a459201dd18a42377d.JPG

IMG_2955.thumb.JPG.36dbc162788b8004162e8f38b218b2d8.JPG

IMG_2963.thumb.JPG.21b8f102226742f273e014657fc26e24.JPG

IMG_2966.jpg.10c015b7b17c88fa20a3abecb304e8cd.jpg

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

congrats on your HT! I had the exact same feeling right after my surgery, like WOW why didn't I do this sooner? all that anxiety and apprehension for nothing.... your pics look great, hairline design and work look meticulous, you should be in for a great work! continued success in your healing and growth

Hi Home1212,

Thank you for your kind words. Dr Koray, did say after he inspected the grafts that I should have a spectacular result. Some would say he would say that, I'm not to sure. I think he is a man of integrity from my experience with him.

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi Thickgreenlawn,

I'm sorry I'm not sure as regards to hair calibre. Dr Koray did say but in the excitement I have forgotten. Asmed give you a memory stick with all the info at the end. Until I get my work laptop later I'm unable to access the information.

On another note, I must be a bit of a freak, absolutely no pain to speak of from donor or recipient and getting decent sleep also. Face swelling is horrendous, however I have not used the ice pack supplied as it gave me a bad headache initially. I'm glad I returned home immediately as I would have been very uncomfortable travelling in this state :D

Just a quick up date guys.

Just completed 2nd wash by myself, no issues. I have been following Asmed's instructions very carefully, other than use of the ice pack. I would rather have swelling than headaches :D

No real pain or discomfort other than a bloated appearance and the feeling I have got a hat on. My fore head still feels tight, but has improved. I have a skin tag or spot on my back, and this has caused me way more discomfort than the HT post Op. Donor area is healing well, in a few days as the hair grows, I don't think it will be to obvious to the 'untrained' eye that I had over 5000 grafts removed. Crown and hairline are still very red, crusts have now formed and seem more pronounced after washing. As its day 3 I only have to use the ATP spray ever 3-4 hours rather every hour, so that has removed a little pressure.

On separate matter, Dr Koray could tell by feeling my hair I was using Finasteride. He suggested rather than use a generic version, I should use Proscar at 1.25mg per day. He felt it is a better option. I have to say I feel the Finasteride did help my crown and vertex after using for 6 months. I don't think it did anything to improve the hairline area. Dr Koray also said it was important to take it consistently at the same time each day.

IMG_2980.thumb.JPG.1e27fd0c67f49be097bcd3308917c66b.JPG

IMG_2982.thumb.JPG.d0c9c5960d6b2204b4b5d92ff05ad1c2.JPG

IMG_2984.thumb.JPG.0309c869dec546894b367da748cf14f4.JPG

IMG_2986.thumb.JPG.e9ba464c161682f26eaffba094f50a20.JPG

IMG_2987.thumb.JPG.da4f28aae14392bb51fb3d2053db19c5.JPG

IMG_2988.thumb.JPG.c0dfc76c846a7cea1ae36684aae65381.JPG

Guys, thought I would just give a quick update on my 4th day. I will update each day until day 7. I will do this as I found this was the period where updates were most lacking on this site. I think any potential newbie HT patients in this period (as I am) would be most concerned and worried all is going to plan.

Day 4. Still no real pain from either donor or recipient area. Every now and again I will get a tingle in the donor area, but no big deal and not uncomfortable. The redness in the recipient area has subsided so much, I can hardly believe it. However I do have bruising where the anesthisia was injected. My swollen face has also improved, with only puffiness under the eyes. 3rd wash on my own, and again no issues. ATP spray will run out today. Small scabs have formed in the recipient area, and I expect these to start falling in the next few days. The scabs on the donor area have started falling, perhaps 50% gone already. I might be a freak, but the biggest trauma and pain in the whole process was wearing the clinic supplied hat though my home airport and on the train to my home town. I can honestly say I have had more pain and uncomfortableness having a tooth removed.

Just a quick update guys. Not much to report. Donor area looks to have almost fully recovered, hair obviously short and amazing to think so many grafts were removed. First pain last night, which was in the donor area. It felt slightly tingly and inflammed. Took some medication and soon under control. Swelling has 95% gone, but still a little puffy under eyes which improves during the day. Again a big improvement of the redness in recipient area. All in all I'm really happy with progress, let's just hope I'm as happy in 12 months. Hairline still looks amazing. Only two more daily updates to bore you guys with :D I will post pics on day 7, the update and pics on day 14 and day 28. After that just a monthly update.

Just one thing to add, having to use the neck pillow is awful. Roll on day 10 when the next stage of normality starts and the neck pillow gets torched :)

My penultimate daily update. Pain in donor appears to have increased, woke me up last night despite taking a couple of pain killers before bed. Scabs have really started to fall off now whilist washing hair. I'm fairly confident they should be more or less be gone by day 10. Swelling and eye puffiness has all but gone. My head is feeling less tight and I would say I feel 75% normal again. One huge plus is the redness, seems i have virtually none at all. This was a huge concern of mine when I was considering surgery. I will post some pics tomorrow. 19 days before I return to work, so hopefully the shed will have kicked in. My scalp 'psoriasis story' then will seem logical. I have noticed as the swelling subsided from the forehead, it appears to lower the hairline even more.

Just one more thing to add. I was advised to keep the Med's in the sealed packets until ready for use. I must admit, in the past - I would pop them all and add to a container. It was explained that they lose potency being exposed to the air. This makes sense, so will be making this change moving forward.

Hi guys, my last daily update 'thank @@@@' I hear you shout :D

As you can see from the pics enclosed, all seems well. The pics do seem to highlight the redness more than in real life. The pics were taken under a bright light as it's very cloudy here in London today. Donor pain has improved, last night no real issues. I have been in touch with the clinic regarding use of aloe Vera - been advised to wait two weeks before using and the dreaded neck pillow. Asmed have advised I can discontinue with the neck pillow after today, which is fantastic news. :)

Went out in public last night to the supermarket, no one gave me a second look - so that was encouraging, my daughter says it just looks if I have a scalp condition. The scabs have been coming off each day, leaving them lovely little hairs. I have noticed only a few scabs with hair connected, this is normal I understand. The week has gone so quick, can't believe it. Anyway, looking forward to returning to society and not being a prisoner in my own home. Update with pics next on day 14.

IMG_3012.thumb.JPG.036ff06a8f3bac4fd326c3c56013b57d.JPG

IMG_3014.thumb.JPG.341ccee7c84f84888364be8a01ea61d1.JPG

IMG_3019.thumb.JPG.da327a798ba5b500a3c67ed9d33ae0c0.JPG

IMG_3015.thumb.JPG.db0458d8aa7928dc56da25a49d230341.JPG

IMG_3022.thumb.JPG.5642745b4de7ed54e42d7b16247d113c.JPG

• Like 1

Your head is looking great and redness looks to be disappearing quickly too! I appreciate these updates as it's good to know what's to be expected and pick up some tips here and there.

Funny you mention that you got home before the swelling, I left as soon as I could too but the crazy swelling hit me just as I got to the airport, I could see people staring but dealt with it okay, I think the whole trip was an exercise in not caring too much. I currently look like I've been boxing badly what with my eyes being puffy and my forehead/cheeks inflated! Has your swelling completely gone down now?

Hi PatientX,

Thanks for your words. Swelling started around day 2, and I looked horrendous. Lasted about 3-4 days. It just then disappears. I'm on day 8 now, 90% of the scabs have fallen and the redness is reduced further. I'm happy to go out in public now, just looks like I've got a slightly inflammed scalp. Donor is still sore, but is manageable. Luckily I travelled to the airport and through security etc with another patient. I was amazed at how many others we saw sporting bandages and headbands. I just thought who gives a f@@k, I will never see these people again. What day are you on? How are you finding the recovery?

Good luck, hope the swelling ceases soon, and you get a fab result.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys,

Just downloaded these from the Asmed memory stick. Can't actually believe how bad my hair was :D.

_DSC6885.thumb.jpg.79bcca441b3cce77037c64e8aaad8d4d.jpg

_DSC6942.thumb.jpg.6f945368520b66b31ba3a82a587c78a0.jpg

_DSC7311.thumb.jpg.bbf5a65312c1a6cf418bd61152f9a0a3.jpg

_DSC6886.thumb.jpg.6ee6386c88b0cbb07da2bef12b75f292.jpg

_DSC6943.thumb.jpg.9b520afb7bc8a396b80179729bfb85c0.jpg

_DSC7312.thumb.jpg.ba102993617e2574bd5ec4a57278d762.jpg

_DSC6893.thumb.jpg.6b80a563977afed0824f9dbedf2942d7.jpg

_DSC6950.thumb.jpg.816e36b96acd49c9c96b8968deed9934.jpg

_DSC7319.thumb.jpg.42c4441c479d6c3608007ef35da38b9c.jpg

9584f05a-a8e0-4000-8923-c2a13eefb80d.thumb.jpg.80796eac133a603af4fa8696203e8f6e.jpg

I'm on Day 4, general face swelling has almost gone but still got slightly puffy eyes, it's a lot less than the day before so I'm no longer worried as it's shifting at last! Right now sleeping is slightly frustrating since I'm a side sleeper and lying on my back just seems odd. Overall it's going fine and I think the redness is going, I know for some people it can take years to fade so hoping it'll be gone in a few weeks or months.

That's lucky there was someone with you who had an HT too, I was alone in the waiting lounge with my massive face for all to see lol. Your new hairline looks awesome and seems you'll get a boost to your crown and mid-scalp should look great once it's all come through.

Hi PatientX,

The swelling will improve each day, and should be gone by day 6. Yes I appreciate how you felt at the airport alone :mad:( Luckily my departure was before the other guy, so was grateful for his presence. I share your concern about the redness, will depend on skin type, age and genetics I suppose for recovery rate. Yes I'm pleased with the hairline, makes me feel so much better. Just waiting to say goodbye to it for another 6 months.:D Hope you feel back to normal very soon. Keep us updated on your progress. Good luck in the meantime :)

Hi guys,

Just a quick update. Things are going really well so far. Donor area nerve pain has gone, but skin still feels a little inflammed in the area. Recipient area, had a slight pain a few days ago but that has gone. Recipient area still feels very numb when touched. Not really noticed any 'shed' as yet, maybe counted 5 or 6 hairs in my hands when washing over the last four or five days. The redness in the recipient area has reached a plateau now, no major improvement over the last few days. However it's not bad at all. It looks much worse in the pics below.

Just one other thing to note. Asmed have been criticised on here for after care communication. I have been in touch with my contact and translator Sema, and she has responded quickly, professionally and with the information requested.

Next update at 1 month

Apologies or poor quality pics

IMG_0485.thumb.JPG.c763e24b223316afd9b1278f42432a71.JPG

IMG_0490.PNG.aa27a8502dfe9b10e99f7bfb33f8f674.PNG

IMG_0491.PNG.962efb6004bf63c706780a68fe60e647.PNG

IMG_0492.PNG.df89e8659f327857571b96e8f767fb19.PNG

Barely see any redness in those pics, the last one shows a bit but that could be the camera exposure. Looks completely normal, like a standard buzz cut!

My swelling has gone completely just waiting on the scabs now. My recipient area is still numb, I don't really mind it too much, I think that will take months before the feeling returns to our heads. Keep the updates coming, HG1, always good to read them.

Hi PatientX,

Good to hear you are on the mend. You should be around 8 days post Op? Hopefully the scabs should be gone over the next few days. Once they're gone you will look and feel better I'm sure. How many grafts did you have in the end? You did say you were advised 5000.

Yes the last pic I posted made the scalp redness look much worse, it's hardly noticeable to the untrained eye.

Obviously I have a 12 month period now to watch things come along, however I do envisage returning for work in the vertex and crown area. I have another 2450ish grafts available, which I would think would be ample to cover these areas, plus fill in any in the front as required. Best get saving the pennies :D

Thanks, HG1, yeah at 8 Days currently, so badly want to pick at the scabs :D I had 5200 with around 3000 in the bank, hoping I don't need to come in again but who knows, might get hit with a case of 'hair greed' or maybe the grafts won't come through in places.

It certainly looks great from here, I'd have no problem rocking that outside! Haha yeah, it's not cheap, certainly doesn't help with the ? being weak.

Thanks, HG1, yeah at 8 Days currently, so badly want to pick at the scabs :D I had 5200 with around 3000 in the bank, hoping I don't need to come in again but who knows, might get hit with a case of 'hair greed' or maybe the grafts won't come through in places.

It certainly looks great from here, I'd have no problem rocking that outside! Haha yeah, it's not cheap, certainly doesn't help with the ? being weak.

So jealous you got 200 grafts more than me PatientX :D, 176 to be accurate :cool:

Just a quick update, 3 weeks post Op tomorrow. Scalp pinkness is still there, as is the itchiness in donor area. Big change is the 'shed'. Wow heard it described by others as brutal, and it certainly is. I reckon I have lost 60% so far. :( I did say I wanted the shed to kick in before I return to work, but I had grown fond of the new hairline. I have prepared myself for this period. Found myself re reading Deb1982 and Justjax journeys, especially in the period I'm in. Their results are nothing short of magnificent, and fingers crossed my result will be similar. Next update with pics at 1 month. P.S. Still no regrets even if I look as I have a serious illness at the moment.:eek:

Your HT looks fantastic, HG1 :) The phase you're actually walking through will pass very quickly :)

I really appreciate your posts and the way you describe the whole experience, it's very encouraging since I will get my HT next Tuesday in ASMED clinic :)

I must apologize, I'm from Spain and English is not my mother language!

Hi vchorro,

Thank you for your words. You English is also very good. Yes the shed is a difficult time, but it is all part of the process. Short term pain, for long term gain.

You will feel next week if you are Asmed's only patient. All the staff and premises are excellent. I wish you all the best with your procedure, it would be great if you update all on your progress.

Thank you too, HG1 :)

I'll try my best. I would love to share my experience with all of you, and I think I will need to.

When I write in English I feel frustrated because I can't explain myself as I would like to, but I feel this is such an experience I'm going to give it a try.