10 month progress, concerned about quality of hairline

Kiraly

Hi Guys,

I am now exactly 10 months.

I am quite happy with my density behind the hairline. But l am increasingly concerned about the quality of the hairline itself. I can see multiple hair towards the front of the hairline, and considerable spacing between the "1's" at the front.

My hair from a distance is fine, but as soon as you get in close, l feel it's not anywhere near as natural as l expected.

Can l please get some feedback?

IMG_0148.thumb.jpg.3f32a08ff1c860d537304e23c1be15b0.jpg

IMG_0127.thumb.jpg.bca35be07591c8f562f258daa1d9a9b4.jpg

IMG_0131.thumb.jpg.c8b29d0e7a0ec60c16e8e6a3a607ce2b.jpg

It looks like successful work to me. You know you've had it done and have (understandably) been paying close attention to your hair as it grows in, and now you're analyzing the result with an ultra-critical eye. That's what we all do as HT patients; but it isn't what anyone else will be doing when they look at you, except perhaps any people you've told.

Did you have work done at the temple points? The areas down the side of your forehead towards your ears.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi Mat,

Yes l did have temple work.

But when looking close up to your hairline, yours looks really soft and more natural than mine.

I even think l may have some cobblestoning but it's hard to tell

We are somewhat at the mercy of our hair characteristics. My hair is very fine while your hair caliber is somewhat thicker. I would say that we have both had excellent work done.

My observation is that your transplanted areas look better when you aren't using your hand to pull the hairs back. In the third photo, any coarseness of the hairline that I see in the first two photos isn't apparent, and in the second photo your temple area looks better.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I have to agree with Matt.; this looks like a successful result, I think you are simply victim of coarse donor hair and perhaps you are over scrutinizing the hairline. Keep in mind most HTs will not look 100% natural, because what you've just done is defy nature.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

This is what I mean when I say that the only advantage of fine hair is how natural it looks. You have some dense caliber hair, which is really good. It means it takes less grafts to get denser looking result, but it also makes it hard to make a super soft look. I think the work is fine and you have really thick non miniaturized donor. I would trade you hair caliber any day.

I have heard of SMG doing a pass with a laser, just hitting the front line to miniaturize that hair, but I don't know much about it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think it would be helpful to see normal pictures of your hairline, all of the pictures you were showing are putting your hairline in some kind of awkward position so it is difficult to gauge and see what your hairline would look like naturally when styled. That being said, I agree with the others that it looks like successful work But I also agree that we are at the mercy of our own hair characteristics. There's really not much we can do it about whether or not we have soft or coarse hair.

But again, let's see some pictures of your hairline when style naturally.

Best,

Bill

Hi Guys,

I appreciate the feedback.

I understand that l have course hair. But it doesn't explain to me why my temple points look much softer, or that l can see multiple hair grafts close or on the hairline?

It may be critical, but l travelled across the other side of the world, and had a massive procedure (5000 grafts) and feel it could be just better than where l am.

I did a huge amount of planning and research and went with a Dr recommended on this site (plus other sites) and feel l will have no recourse as the clinic offers no follow up if you are not satisfied.

I have sent the clinic messages and haven't heard back.

Don't get me wrong, like l said earlier, the density is great from the hairline back. But l specifically noted to the clinic that above all l wanted the most natural hairline as possible, even at the cost of less density. I even recall early on in my recovery that l saw multiple hairs in the hairline but was told by the clinic that this was not possible.

But here l am again saying that l can see multiple hairs in the hairline!

Here's hoping l hear from the clinic.

Kiraly, I understand you're a little frustrated by your results, but I honestly think your hairline looks fantastic and I personally don't see any of the issues you mention aside from the fact that your hair is coarse. Can you point out where you see follicles with multiple hairs?

I have coarse hair as well, and I'll also be going to Dr. Erdogan, so I'm expecting my hairline to look somewhat similar to yours which I would be very happy with. To me it looks very natural and I don't think anyone other than you would be able to tell you had a transplant.

I checked your previous thread and compared to where you were before, the difference is remarkable. I'd love to see more photos if you have them, particularly how it looks without the camera held so close to the hairline.

Hi Guys,

I appreciate the feedback.

I understand that l have course hair. But it doesn't explain to me why my temple points look much softer, or that l can see multiple hair grafts close or on the hairline?

It may be critical, but l travelled across the other side of the world, and had a massive procedure (5000 grafts) and feel it could be just better than where l am.

I did a huge amount of planning and research and went with a Dr recommended on this site (plus other sites) and feel l will have no recourse as the clinic offers no follow up if you are not satisfied.

I have sent the clinic messages and haven't heard back.

Don't get me wrong, like l said earlier, the density is great from the hairline back. But l specifically noted to the clinic that above all l wanted the most natural hairline as possible, even at the cost of less density. I even recall early on in my recovery that l saw multiple hairs in the hairline but was told by the clinic that this was not possible.

But here l am again saying that l can see multiple hairs in the hairline!

Here's hoping l hear from the clinic.

Hi Kirlay, you had your HT at Asmed just a few weeks before me. I kinda get what your saying and I have have similar thoughts ocassionally as I also have thicker hair, but when I have asked people, they have all said it looks normal/natural. As others have said, perhaps we become too critcal and a little obsessed if our HT's look natural. I find myself trying to remember what it looked like before in terms of density, etc.

When you say you feel you have no recourse as the clinic offers no follow up, why do you say that? Although I wasn't aware of any guarantee, I did see in Vainism recent thread something about a ASMED Warranty Policy, not sure what the policy covers, but might be worth mentioning this when you speak to them.

BTW, did you email you patient assistant or just the main clinic email address? If you still have your patient assistant number on whatsapp, you could try messaging them or calling the clinic directly.

Multi-hair grafts in the the hairline are often unavoidable due the the nature of 'hairs' within the multi-hair graft being in different cycles. Often one hair in the group will be in the telegen phase(dormant, not-visible, resting) whilst the other two hairs are in the anagen phase(fully visible, growing). The surgeon/tech cannot see the resting hairs within the graft even under powerful microscopes and assume the graft to be a single and elect it for hairline placement. No one will notice.