1 st Hair Transplant - Strip Surgery - Dr. Radha Rani - A Complete Dossier.

Firstly let me congratulate you on your HT! I know i am late but neverthless...

I am personally big fan of Dr.Radha works and your thread clearly shows why she is the best FUT doc in India.

I have one Question

For how long you stayed in Hotel and how was the experience over there? Food?

You didn't cover your head while returning home. Any tips?? I guess a soft bandana won't do harm but still shoot your inputs

Again thank you for sharing your experience, do keep updating every month.

Heal well mate

P.S your writing skills are amazing!

Edited by Rawkerboi

Kind words Rawkerboi! Thank You!

I am just going to quote myself to avoid repetition.

There is also a picture attached in its original post on how the scar looks post removal.

7 days PostOp: Suture removal ceremony.

Had my sutures removed by a local doctor/neighbour today. Fairly simple process. Betadine was applied on the area to clean and the sutures (14 long ones. The small ones are absorbable.) were removed one by one. Felt a few pangs here and there. Nothing major. 5 minutes work.

You can find pictures of the room I was staying in. The Pioneer, being relatively new and easy on the eyes, would probably be a better pick. I haven't had a first hand look at it, but, my friend who was in it liked it. I was in Vizag for two nights.

So, the PreOp consultation.

Before that, a little write up on the stay in Vizag. I stayed in Budhil Park. It is about 3 mins ride by vehicle to Dr. Radha's. Except for the poor views from the hotel rooms and Vizag in general has to offer atleast in and around the hotel and the clinic (It is the prime market place of Vizag), the hotel itself was very good. Great food! I will attach some pictures below. (I booked it through make my trip. Which always gives a lesser price than the hotel s original tariff. I paid 2200 for a night, which I think is about 1000 bucks less than the original tariff. Great facilities these are for the price. I hear, The Pioneer, which is again near the clinic is very good too.)

And definitely wear a cap. As you must already know, a wide, semi circled cap that will not run the risk of touching your grafts (Baseball Caps) or at least a bandana like you say! Airports have these blowers in all their exits and Vizag airport is going to be windy and there is no aerobridge. You are most certainly not going to do any harm by roaming around like a joker with nothing on your head, as I did :D. But, if romcoms are anything to go by, most love stories begin and end in the airports. Leaving your head open might not harm your grafts but is certainly going to harm your chances with the ladies.

Wearing a cap will definitely keep you at peace and more importantly keeps you from polluted air settling on your still vulnerable, infection prone head. I headed straight for a shower the moment I entered my house. My dog must have thought I ve gone bonkers.

Picture: Me, travelling in style in Indigo Airlines' A320. :D

IMG_20170727_145618.thumb.jpg.918a521089d53f66bc192b086e1d9da1.jpg

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Haha! Probably! I don't know.

I was too pissed about the winds to notice what was happening around.

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

That's the plan mate! Thanks!

3444 Strip Grafts

• 4 weeks later...

Three Months Update:

So, an acquaintance from HRN calls on me frantically.

HRN Guy: Dude, some of the transplanted hair is neither growing, nor shedding man.

Me: Oh!

HRN Guy: See if you have got them too.

Me: Yeah, I have them too man.

HRN Guy: I don't think its normal dude. I think those grafts are lost.

Me: Really?! I don't know man. I don't really worry about things out of my hands.

HRN Guy: What are you saying bro?! You should worry. It is your hair.

Me: I can't really do much if the grafts are already lost, can I? All I could do was to give my hair the best of the care, which I did. I do not worry unless its my mistake. Like, when I smoked a few cigs and the guilt was eating me.

HRN Guy: Why don't you pluck one of the grafts and see if they are coming out? If they come, we are screwed.

Me: Are you nuts? I am not doing any such thing unless the doctor says so.

HRN Guy: Bro, Il pay for the grafts you pull, okay? Just pull it bro, its nothing.

Me: Why will I do anything when I am least bothered about it? And why are you asking me to? You should try it. You are the one who s worried.

HRN Guy: Errr.....Ya bro. Il do it tomorrow. (Are you fucqueen serious?)

HRN Guy: Oh and Btw, you are worried. Otherwise, you won't be reading about hair stuff and be active on HRN.

W T F!!!! LOL!

Anyways, I ended up reading on it and here is a very good explanation from our very own Bill, which is echoed all over the internet by all the wise heads and the doctors.

"Though most transplanted hair typically sheds before the end of the first month after a hair restoration procedure, it's normal for some hair to hold on. While some of the grafts will continue to grow into healthy hair, others will detach from the hair follicle beneath the surface of the scalp but remain attached to the scalp. Disconnected hair won't grow, but will eventually be pushed out by new hair the healthy living follicle produces underneath in a few months. Transplanted hair growth will not be hindered by hairs disconnected from the follicle but still connected to your scalp".

If you pull on these grafts gently, you will see that they will easily come out with no resistance. There are doctors who specifically instruct their patients to pull them all out. In their opinion, it blocks the path and removing them will speed up the new hair s growth. And the rest advise you to keep off it and that the grafts will come out when they are ready. I tried my hands on a couple of grafts to see for it myself. Yes, no resistance whatsoever.

I have been shedding these grafts in the shower and while Minoxidiling. Still quite a few of them left.

Notes:

1. My body, libido, erection continues to be normal and the same from Finasteride, after that little hiccup last month.

2. Been using Tugain 5% Foam, once a day since 3.5 weeks. (2 months and change after the surgery.)

3. Been taking Multi Vitamins, Biotin and Omega 3 since a week. ( Almost 3 months after the surgery. This is for my overall benefit. Not just for the hair. Else, I would have started right after the surgery. My diet in general is robust. So, I guess most of these are going out as urine.)

4. Sleep deprivation returns. It SUCKS! Last two weeks have been piss poor.

5. Pimples are almost non existent. I am keeping my head super clear of pollution. Could be that or its just me. I generally don't break out. Don't know if that has relevance with these pimples, which are supposed to be a sign of new growth.

6. Started Cardio close to 3 weeks ago. (Just cycling for now.)

7. The numbness from the anesthesia shots were almost gone from the beginning of the 3 rd month. Just about 5 - 10 percent of it is left mid scalp.

8. The scar is close to hundred percent healed.

9. I am positive I don't have any shock loss up top. But, there definitely is a stretch of mild to mid level shock loss on the right side of the donor.

I was finally able to get the details of the procedure from the doctor. No luck with the pictures yet.

1 Hair Grafts: 800

2 Hair Grafts: 2445

3 Hair Grafts: 181

Total Grafts: 3444

Total Hair: 6308

Density: 116.1 (Has to be the donor density - guessing. Transplanted at 50 grafts per cm2 on an average she says - too approximate for my liking.)

Elasticity 3.5 (Scalp elasticity? If, yes, anyone knows the scale?)

Strip Measurement: 1.4x18 = 25.2 cm2

An useful link on smoking and hair transplants http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188067-little-different-case-smoking-after-hair-transplant.html

I am going to put up mug shots from now on. Since this is considered to be the beginning of the growth month, it will be intriguing to see how my face is going to framed, shaped and changed. All pictures are on with flash (Except for the first one - To show how nothing is captured without flash). Even after switching on all the lights, I still was not able to capture details without flash. My house is particularly dark than most. And, I am not motivated enough to get them clicked outdoors in natural light. I don't think I am at that stage anyways. I am sorry, my pictures are underwhelming and I don't see that trend changing in the future. Sadly! May be, next time Il get someone to DSLR it.

I can't really give a specific percentage as an indicator to growth. But, there is definitely some activity sporadically. I see pores or pores kind of micro mini elevations all over the transplanted areas. More like the kind you see when you get goosebumps. It began in some spots and it slowly spread across the entire area. Could those be the pores though which the new hair comes out? If it is, I am in for a jolly good ride.:D

Side Note: HRN is freakishly addictive. I am already a man who has always been passionate about the body and mind. I strive to keep them young. Any topic on the subject naturally interests me. And HRN has got it in abundance. I guess, I will keep some distance from now on, before habit becomes addiction.

IMG_20171025_193523973.thumb.jpg.9406be18047a2c64e0234bfbcce96de2.jpg

IMG_20171025_193909625.thumb.jpg.95817ff10bf1d9fc1a2a06b6fef13821.jpg

IMG_20171025_193953021.thumb.jpg.5b6ff32bca77a8d0b7d10036ae35ba42.jpg

IMG_20171025_194551386.thumb.jpg.94090c89112f562556842f201986b244.jpg

IMG_20171025_194014715.thumb.jpg.447aeb3412f99b02785aae479092d10c.jpg

IMG_20171025_194031813.thumb.jpg.f36d59561aa747e8ce0e6ec3e71f6e6c.jpg

Edited by MayiraP0chu

3444 Strip Grafts

Exciting months ahead ..

Very!:)

3444 Strip Grafts

• 4 weeks later...
Four Months Update:

The biggest thing to report is the scar. I would have mentioned in my previous updates about how my scar on the right side is wider than the left.

PS: When I run my hand through the scar, its even with the rest of the head and I don't feel a thing except for a small area on the right side of the head. There is a clear bump. Clearly uneven. If you look at the pictures, the scar on the right is much wider than the rest. So, it sorta makes sense. Wonder if this happens to all or if its just me and if it will even out with time.

The right has always been wider and slow to heal while the left has been nothing short of 10 on 10. Could it be because of http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187669-spot-blood-donor-stitching.html this? I wonder!

Anyways, the story is, I was able to move my lazy butt off last week to begin proper workout after a few failed dalliances with some minor cardio earlier. Naturally, I began slow and steady. 3x400 meters of mild-moderate running and wait for this....just 3 reps of pull ups, 10 reps pushups and 2 reps of double bar. That is it! The plan was to warm up my upper body and keep idling for a week before I push.

I din't feel one pinch on the scar while indulging in these activities. As soon as I got back home, there was a mild pain on the right side of the head around the scar. Very mild that you are not sure if its the regular muscle soreness that comes from the first few days of the workout or the scar wasn't agreeing to the physical stress. This pain was not constant too. It was on and off.

So, I had to give it another go to see what is what. I gave a day s rest and doubled up the reps with the same routine the next day. Again, din't feel a pinch while doin it. But, the same pain retuned as I got home. This time not just the back, but the whole of the right part of the head. It slowly crossed boundaries and the left side scar too started feeling a bit sore. And, it was a bit stronger relatively than the first time (still mild though) and also constant, lingering longer than before.

I am clearly not comfortable as I was without the workout. The discomfort is slowly fading off. I should be completely off it in a couple of days. It feels like my healing has relegated by a month. It is a bit strange, considering people start working out as early as 1 month. Obviously, healing depends on the physiology of the individual, but 4 months past, I expected it to be a breeze especially at this extremely mild intensity workout. Anyways, I am giving it another couple of months before trying again. I don't know how stretching works. Hope this has not done any harm.

Anyone with insights on scars and scar stretching, please jump in.

Okay, enough of that. Let me get to the main attraction.

Growth has been sober but sure. There will be clear differences from the 3 rd and the 4 th month pictures. But, it could be because of the hair from the 3 rd month growing longer and covering a wider space or that there has been real new growth. I can't decide.

I have been shedding the whole of this month. I am attributing it to Rogaine's initial shed.

As the hair line is fortified, it is fascinating to see a rectangular forehead as I have always been with varied degrees of 'M' shaped hair line.

-- I will be throwin in a couple of wet hair pictures as well from now on --

SW14UlC.jpg

TNmYdqI.jpg

gLVSiyx.jpg

s8hEhkG.jpg

pNpi3yI.jpg

tHkPmdO.jpg

jWFeoPz.jpg

nCAKe95.jpg

vPPH8cZ.jpg

nGsDViP.jpg

sym89DD.jpg

Edited by MayiraP0chu

3444 Strip Grafts

Thanks AAH!

I forecast an average density and an average scar. It’s obviously not based on any sound rationale, as there is no premise to that this early in to the growing months. It’s just a gut feeling.

Out of the other 4 possible outcomes, I would happily choose 1, 2 and 3 any given day, in that order. No complaints.

1. Great density, great scar.

2. Great density, bad scar. (Errr...Not so gruesomely bad of course:D)

3. Bad density, great scar.

4. Bad density, bad scar.

An average density and an average scar will be so meh! Boring! Lol!

Edited by MayiraP0chu

3444 Strip Grafts

Four Months Update:

I am clearly not comfortable as I was without the workout. The discomfort is slowly fading off. I should be completely off it in a couple of days. It feels like my healing has relegated by a month. It is a bit strange, considering people start working out as early as 1 month. Obviously, healing depends on the physiology of the individual, but 4 months past, I expected it to be a breeze especially at this extremely mild intensity workout. Anyways, I am giving it another couple of months before trying again. I don't know how stretching works. Hope this has not done any harm

Good progress so far MayiraP0chu. This was the main reason why I didn't go for FUT. I have a friend who did his FUT from a surgeon recommended on this forum. Post 2 years, he still feels mild stretch and uneasiness on his scar whenever he is sick.

I resumed my exercises 10 days post surgery. Everything was normal as before. Except I still feel uncomfortable doing bench press as it put lots of pressure on donor site.

I resumed my exercises 10 days post surgery. Everything was normal as before.

Nice!

3444 Strip Grafts

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Louisjams!

But, it is too early to declare the surgery a success.

I have been absolutely time constrained the last month or so. I will continue to be the next month as well. So much as no time to even breathe. So, there won’t be any detailed updates.

Il just keep it simple. The transplanted hair has grown to a length where there is no visible scalp anymore. But, I dont think I have seen any massive growth or new growth since my last update. It’s just been the same more or less and the length of the hair giving the illusion of a good coverage.

I have started smoking again about 5-7 cigs since my last update - 4 th month. I am relocated temporarily to a very cold place (a shift from 35+ degrees to 15 degrees) since then and been having massive dandruff problems. I don’t scratch, but I do keep finger brushing my hair all through the day. I don’t know how healthy that is. Obviously, I am losing hair because of that constantly. This has been the only hiccup on an otherwise breezy recovery.

Adios, until my next report which I hope to be a detailed one with pictures.

Happy New Year!

Edited by MayiraP0chu

3444 Strip Grafts

Got a moment today.

Here s a sample of what’s up.

R0md5QD.jpg

nVKL1nH.jpg

Like I said in my earlier post, il try and give a detailed report with more detailed pictures when I get a breather. But, my utter lack of sleep and at the rate I am losing hair from dandruff, il probably end being completely bald by then. Lol!

Edited by MayiraP0chu

3444 Strip Grafts

Hairbomb,

I do not believe there s a good FUE surgeon in India. So, can’t recommend. Sorry! My next destination is ASMED, unless this turns out to be a super success, which I highly doubt it will be.

3444 Strip Grafts

5 months, 2 weeks. Haircut. Daylight pictures.

Diydf1a.jpg

Ur6ohFx.jpg

NHofOIa.jpg

VtSMgJe.jpg

yKWYv8D.jpg

LycWnnN.jpg

sANK0mF.jpg

3444 Strip Grafts

To bring in some perspective,

One month before surgery.

3W4jlno.jpg

7igZhZ6.jpg

yuiotQ6.jpg

OCqavaC.jpg

Though, a short hair cut (my general/forced appearance) drastically changes the dynamics for me. My first post has pictures of my hair cut short a couple of weeks before my surgery. It doesn’t look half bad as this.

3444 Strip Grafts

Rawkerboi,

My monthly reports here are just reports and nothing more. It doesn’t and I don’t intend to use it as an emotional outlet, be it good or bad. They are just collection of events leading up to the next month. More like a log, which might be useful for someone down the line.

My prediction of a moderate result is not based on any rationale or my fear/worries, but just a gut feeling. I went into this surgery well prepared for a complete failure. Besides, I am a sort of a person who will get ready for another surgery than sulking at a failure.

Anyways, thanks for your interest. Thanks for being kind.

3444 Strip Grafts

• 4 weeks later...

6 Months, 1 Week.

oTZkwmg.jpg

rg7IIjU.jpg

PiqB9dQ.jpg

J9yn43e.jpg

Vl9N3aJ.jpg

6C2IC5f.jpg

cGiOhY6.jpg

JSPfhmX.jpg

3444 Strip Grafts