~3050 w/ Dr Katona in Chicago

After several years of meeting with various doctors (FUT, FUE, ARTAS), this year I met Dr. Katona for a consultation to go over options and strategies, etc and really felt good after meeting him.

Dr. Katona and his staff were first class all the way.

The plan was for 3000 grafts, spread over two 10 hour days.

In the morning of both days, we met to discuss the plan and he drew it on my scalp.

His techs did the 'harvesting'. He did the incisions and other techs did the 'planting'. At times there were 3 people in the room making sure that everything was running smoothly. One person was cleaning/counting the grafts; only one person was working on me at a time, but they were 'relieved' regularly so nobody was tired and whomever was working on me was 'fresh'.

Dr. Katona was in the room throughout the day overseeing everything. He also had 'senior' staff and nurses checking in as well. I know some prefer when the doctor themself handles everything personally - i didn't consider that necessary.

The first day, the primary "planter" had been with Dr. Katona for 18yrs and on the 2nd day, the "planter" had 20yrs of experience.

Really a well run office and the nicest group of people I've had the pleasure of being around in any sort of medical setting.

I did not take the Valium they offered, only regular Tylenol every 4hrs.

Had the procedure Thurs & Fri, it's now Sat and i've had zero pain nor swelling.

I've been using cold compresses on my forehead and continue Tylenol.

Also, spraying w/ saline solution.

Really surprised at how well i felt and am feeling.

I'll attach photos as results appear....

Edited by ecarlino

• 2 years later...

Two 10 hour days for 3,000 grafts?  The doctor and experienced techs apparently took their time.  Looking forward to seeing some pictures about the 3-4 month range showing new growth.  Happy growing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.