Looking for advise/recommendations on my first attempt at hair transplant.

Greetings fellow follicles!

I am new. This is my first post. I have been a voracious reader/follower of this community the last one week. This has been a brilliant tool in educating oneself on wide range of hair related problems. Thumbs up!

I am looking to get my first hair transplant done on me. My hair loss story on my profile will give a fair understanding of my background. But I suspect most won't bother to take that extra effort. So, I am going to repost it here.

But before anyone gets bored of it half way through reading it, let me first ask for the advise for which this thread was created. I shall post my history in my second post following this.

I am from India. I understand the recommended doctors from India on this community are Drs. Tejinder Bhatti, Kapil Dua, Pathuri Madhu, Radha Rani and Suneet Soni.

I have mailed each one of them and have had online consultations. All doctors have recommended about 2500 grafts except Dr. Suneet Soni (4000 grafts). And all doctors have recommended FUSS (commonly known as FUT) except Dr. Bhatti. Naturally! Being a torch bearer for FUE (Before anyone jumps on me, this is not meant negatively. I am merely complimenting him for being a pioneer in that field). The costs for all of them comes about the same more or less.

I am not scared of a scar from the FUSS. (But if FUE will give me the same result as the FUSS, il gladly take FUE for its easier post op scenarios. Since this has always been a contentious topic, and no solid proof to rely on than bickering and bantering from both sides, I am still not able to come to a conclusion which procedure to choose. But the general consensus I find is that the first surgery has to be the FUSS to protect the donor for future surgeries of FUSS or FUE.) I am not driven by society and its pressure or to be an agreeable material for marriage. Neither am I depressed or overly concerned about being bald. I am going to do it just for the aesthetics. I generally love all good looking things. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. I am more than ready to move on. But not before giving it a shot.

All the help in choosing a surgeon off the recommended list will be very much appreciated. (Please don't ask me to carefully study and choose one :D. I've read a lot of their patient cases here in the community and I am well informed about them. I am looking for a consensus from you wise people that I can follow. Treat this as a poll if you guys want to.)

Thanks.

Cheers!

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

MayiraP0chu's Hair Loss Story:

I am on hair medications. Otherwise, I have generally been a healthy kid. And have no known problems. I will try and give a comprehensive account of the history of my hair related treatments. This might be totally unnecessary. But, I guess no harm in it.

I am 33 years old in two weeks.

I started my first treatment in 2013 (Started losing hair in paltry amounts from 2006. The fall grew slowly but steadily and got really aggressive around 2010). I was then classified as type 4A on the Norwood scale. Still a Norwood 4A.

I was prescribed the following:

Kaiquin 200 mg, Hife, Fians, Minscalp 5% (Twice a day)

I had tremendous improvement in 4-5 months. I almost had a head full of hair like the old self. (Though minoxidil created that illusion as the lotion holds the hair together and makes the hair dry too and thus making it look dense). I am very disciplined in following the prescription. I guess that helped too. I was on Regaine 5% after a while. Results continued to be good. After a year or so, minoxidil dint agree with me. I started having itches in my scalp. I slowly started losing hair in small amounts. I was prescribed Zenoxidil 5% (A non alcoholic solution) as my doctor figured alcohol content was creating those itches. This too produced itches. I was asked to add Dipnate solution to the minoxidil. Itching stopped. But I kept losing hair.

If I understand right, even if this problem wasn't there, this falling of hair to some extent is part of the cycle and is only natural. But the itching problem made it more drastic. I was given a different set of medicines and minoxidils over the course of my treatment and I finally got back to decent amount of hair growth (Never like the first time though. Was using Hairex 5% during this period. This also gives minor itches. But definitely adjustable.) and fall. This cycle kept repeating and I lost interest and stopped the treatment some 8 months ago in December, 2016. I had religiously followed my prescription until this point.

I lost hair quite badly in this phase and I started the treatment again with the same doctor since the last two months (June this year). I followed the prescription irregularly the first month and I have been pretty disciplined this month.

The current prescription is:

Androfal, CEQ 10, Hairex 5%. I am taking Biotrum along with these on my own for Vitamins. Have done so a lot of times during the course of my entire treatment.

Like I said, no general health problems. My mum feels I get sick (Read sick as allergy induced cold and fever. Always minor to moderate. I don't visit doctors for these. Just Crocin and other home remedies/tablets. Oh and I have a very very mild bronchitis. The whole family has.) often and that my immune system might not be strong. But this might well be her imagination.

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Hi,

According to my research if you are considering FUE then go with

either Dr.Bhatti or Dr.Pradeep Sethi from Gurgaon.

If are ready for FUT then either Dr. Suneet Soni or Dr. Mayank Singh from delhi.

All the best.

Wish

Thanks Wish82!

I request more people to participate.

3444 Strip Grafts

As per my opinion you should consult some online health portals. I recommended you to go with Natural Hair Transplant. NHT is largest hair transplant panel in India. They have multiple doctors & clinics all over India. Hair Transplant in Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Chandigarh etc are the main locations they are serving.

*bump*

3444 Strip Grafts