HT advise & recomendations

Hi, new here just stumbled onto this forum, and want to say how great it is with such a wealth of great information!

Iam 49 (this September) and Ive been thinning for about 4 yrs now and iam now considering FUE mostly for my front hair line Vertex and lastly crown area. Ive already had a consultation last summer and was told i have a great donor area and am an excellent candidate for HT

Ive grow it much longer since the pics, and have enough to conceal and get by but i think its getting to be about that time to do something about the problem. I was hoping to schedule FUE sometime in September / October and deal with the recovery thru winter.

Not sure where i fall on the Norwood scale can anyone take a guess?

Iam mostly thinning in the temple , vertex crown areas, been using Rogaine for 7months straight now, and for about 4 yrs on and off. Not sure i want to try Fin due to the side effects ive read about.

Looking for recommendations for the best HT techniques money can buy, and Doctors in the Tri state area NY / NJ / Pa but i would consider traveling within the US for the right Dr.

Any input would be appreciated thanks.

front.jpg.a46771b1f7510794f21eac48265a8419.jpg

side.thumb.jpg.8d6e0aacdb93d5e0cc694729dd3bb848.jpg

top.jpg.841c12f6bd1ae0e2a6100b5ac1953874.jpg

5b32f4b15d868_topwet.thumb.jpg.eec3ac163b9349d4ef476851374f2caf.jpg

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

Stay on the Rogaine and get on Propecia for at least a year. Vertex (crown) probably won't be an issue anymore and you will even see improvement in mid-scalp as well. Then you can how you want to address the hairline. You may not need to. Don't rush this. A hair transplant, for most, is a tool in the box of hair loss solutions. A one and done HT approach is not for most. A multi-therapy approach will best way to maintain what you have and prepare your scalp for future surgery.

Stay on the Rogaine and get on Propecia for at least a year. Vertex (crown) probably won't be an issue anymore and you will even see improvement in mid-scalp as well. Then you can how you want to address the hairline. You may not need to. Don't rush this. A hair transplant, for most, is a tool in the box of hair loss solutions. A one and done HT approach is not for most. A multi-therapy approach will best way to maintain what you have and prepare your scalp for future surgery.

thanks for the advise, although i dont think i want to try Fin from what i read about the side effects.

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

Matty,

At 49 years of age, I wouldn't necessarily give you the advice that rev333 gave you, which is advice I would typically give a 23 to 29 year old. At 49 years old, assuming your hair loss has been pretty stable for awhile now, I think it would be safe to find an excellent surgeon recommended by this community and go for a large megasession. FUT/strip and FUE are both viable procedures, but for larger sessions and to maximize growth yield, I would personally suggest starting with strip. FUE is great for reducing any appearance of linear scarring, though shaving down too short even with FUE will still show "white dot" looking scars. At your current hair length, a truly refined strip scar should still be well camouflaged, especially only after 1 procedure and you select a world renowned surgeon. View our list of recommended hair transplant surgeons.

Best wishes,

Bill

In your case I would do FUT since you want to maximize your results. Check Feller and Bloxham videos on youtube. I also wanted ONLY FUE but after doing research I found that FUT is the best approuch. My donor hair looks like nothing happened and you cant even see my scar.

good luck