3061 grafts Dr tayfun oguzoglu 10th October 2016

Hello all,

I've been a reader of this forum for a while and decided to join and share my story. After noticing at about 18 that my hair line had receded I looked into a hair transplant at age 21 but was put off by the potential of future loss due to my age. 3 years later and still unhappy I further looked into the procedure and the use of finestaride to prevent such further loss.

After looking into UK surgeons I quickly found Dr Fargo was the only real recommendation in my country but after speaking to my barber he advised turkey. After much research I come across Dr tayfun oguzoglu. 20 years experience and listed as being very qualified.

I sent an online consultation and found the response about anything I wanted to known as very helpful and it pushy. I decided to book my hair transplant of 3000 required grafts tonne done with micro motor FUE at 1euro per graft.

The whole experience in turkey was first class. I cannot fault anything that the clinic done and even to this day their contact back to me is very good. One thing that did ease my mind was that when I met the Dr I told him I'd have more grafts done as I had the money, he said there was absolutely no need. Very honest as he could have just taken the extra money and done nothing (I am worried about my growth at this point but will explain as I go on)

I'm now at the 8 and a half month mark of my transplant and have kept in regular contact with the clinic. I'm dubious over my growth. No doubt it's coming but I'm unsure if my expectations were too optimistic or if my result is sub par. Frontal density isn't amazing and I still see some patches of very weak looking hair. The thing that drives me crazy is seeing my scalp still, my original hair was very thick so I have this imbalance of a thick frontal patch with two thinner areas on each side.

The last time I spoke to the clinic which was a month ago they said that all looks very good for this stage. By one year to 14 months I should see a very good result.

Il attach photos and let people have their opinions as from what I've read on this forum everyone is very helpful and experienced.

IMG_7351.jpg.d2478da970753e874bf6962e168f5cf4.jpg

IMG_5856.thumb.jpg.4627f67edf3c6d1593f1809993580eb7.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.459a3d4c2ded9e2be99566e728aef9a4.jpg

lighting is a game that will always mess with your head. You also did not comb your hair in the most flattering manner. You still have some thickening to do, but your expectations are too high if you think it is going to match your native thick hair. I would comb the hair and take some photos in normal lighting to check it out.

Topik may also be something to consider.

I take it that you did start finasteride?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker thanks for the reply. I did forget to mention lighting. In some lights it looks amazing, others not so at all. Yes I've recently started taking finestaride again after stopping for 6 months due to my girlfriends fears of potential sexual side effects. Upon showing her the facts though I'm back on it and having no issues

PlymouthCraig,

Hair transplant surgery is about the art of illusion. Since "true" density cannot ever be re-created on someone with substantial balding due to supply and demand, physicians artistically and strategically place grafts in the recipient area in a way that creates the greatest illusion of density. That said, certain lighting and angling will make your hair appear thinning or thicker at times. Moreover, hairstyling makes a huge difference. For instance, combed/styled hair allows for the layering affect as hair overlaps other hair. But without it, it may have a tendency to show more scalp.

I encourage you to take some photos of your hair showing multiple angles of the scalp when it's combed under natural lighting so we have a better idea of what the real result looks like.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S. You can still always go back for another hair transplant to get more density if you feel like you want it to appear thicker even under sub-optimal conditions.

Thankyou all so far for your help and advice. I did forget to mention light. Sometimes it can look amazing and then others not so much. I've attached photos in natural light from yesterday and the results do look better. I think a second HT may be my preferred option of choice in time

IMG_8174.thumb.jpg.a7823984a24bb9de2a1ba901b421a55c.jpg

IMG_8177.thumb.jpg.83b32f4331c736fa0fbb5c6ad72133f0.jpg

IMG_8178.thumb.jpg.2e1ee50787cea6dfa1ce62081d0ea7d1.jpg

IMG_8180.thumb.jpg.54b7b61ff91850da6bcaa97da2259de4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just attached a ten month update. Starting to debate about booking for a second HT due to hair greed. Have thought if I did go back to Istanbul I'd go with Koray Erdgoran at ASMED. He believes I'd need 2800-3000 grafts. My thinking is that if I'm going back again I want to go to the best.

But then I do think that my previous transplant hasn't been a disaster and I just had higher expectations thank i may be should have.

I would like a head of hair that looks full and dense in the morning when I get out of bed or if it's styled.

Other surgeons I've spoken to are;

Erkan Demirsoy, estimates 2000-2500 grafts for dense packing

Resul Yaman, 2500-2800

Koray Erdgoran, 2800-3000

Tayfun Oguzoglu, my original surgeon. I haven't had a consultation from him yet as I expect him to be consulting in London at some point in the next few months and will have a follow up with him then.

I expect that as sending photos 10 months post op these estimations may be slightly less after one year.

Any comments or advise from member of the forum is always appreciated, I know many will say don't have a second HT until 18months at least, so I would be looking atbooking with whoever for about FebruaryMarch 2018.

IMG_8523.thumb.JPG.fdf36e19b5ef03d91d21aa12af161953.JPG

IMG_8520.thumb.JPG.14e6c9901478490be9655ccba6972b12.JPG

IMG_8519.thumb.JPG.5a70956563278ca76604cbb9d3a2bfbd.JPG

• 1 year later...

I did my transplant with the same doctor Dr Tayfun. It has been 8 months now after the transplant and the results are dissapointing. I did my frontal line and temples. There is some samll improvement in the temples but the density is poor. The frontal line did not improve at all. Not happy witht he result. The price was rather low but after all you get what you pay for. 

I also done my HT with Dr Tayfun in jan 2019 for 2600 grafts. I am at the 5 month stage and noticed the density on the frontal sides is not full. If these guys are at the 8month stage and not been successful what hope do I have :(