ASMED 5000 FUE mousey blonde fine hair June 18/19 2017

• 3 weeks later...

I think the lighting was too dark when I took these photos.

As you can see the donor area has started to grow at its normal rate, starting to have an odd mullet hair style, will need to go for a haircut, might try cutting it myself first.

The recipient area still has pinkness and the original hair has started to give me slight coverage. I can see that the baby blonde hairs are growing hopefully they will provide a cosmetic improvement soon.

Still wearing a hat most of the time.

third-month-crown.thumb.jpg.8b1ee54f42dcac23884bd0810303f05e.jpg

third-month-topdown.thumb.jpg.f94decca9b24f4127296ec61be8605b9.jpg

third-month-righthand-side.thumb.jpg.626364e045cee4959f5435ac7ab68066.jpg

thrid-month-front.thumb.jpg.804389a1c8f8b504c66b5120e750fb31.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Not much has changed since month 3.

The pinkness is still visible in certain situations/lighting.

I think about 20%-30% of the grafts have started to grow, but they are very fine and blonde, as such they don’t provide a cosmetic difference.

I think the crown area looks worse than pre-op.

month-4-birds-eye-view.thumb.jpg.619e3882caffcd389b4489dd1989e106.jpg

month-4-crown-rightside.thumb.jpg.7e20cb5bd7d3500919510e3bae25e505.jpg

month-4-crown-leftside.thumb.jpg.d313241f88824163c8d52c741051b62f.jpg

month-4-extreme-closeup-crown.thumb.jpg.5e80e73ef6b91668c1bf014b4f10fef7.jpg

• 2 months later...

Bad points

Don’t think that I’m a fast grower and will need the full 12-18 months to see the full result.

The left side at the front is slightly behind the right side. Still a little thin at the front hope this will thicken up considerably in the next year.

The crown is slowing improving might need another pass in the future.

Stopped taking finasteride as I had crippling joint pain, and through the process of elimination found Finasteride to be the cause?

Good points

I feel my situation has improved greatly with further improvement still ahead.

For the first time in a long time, I have a hairline which makes a substantial difference.

The pinkness has totally gone except maybe a very thin band at the hairline.

I love it when you notice you have gained some ground, rather than before when I noticed lost some more ground!

6-months-crown-2.thumb.jpg.710bd06255aa210efaa3759c973d180c.jpg

6-months-crown-upclose.thumb.jpg.a015110876bd8fa11a2b2b0996eb4a12.jpg

6-months-front-2.thumb.jpg.38b1030dc63e03b166418a84679756fb.jpg

5b32f8215fcdf_6-months-r-side(2).thumb.jpg.c2bd17ae60815e479017176edd52e03d.jpg

6-months-l-side.thumb.jpg.dc1c348a5776b32163fc05d43700cda9.jpg

6-months-donor.thumb.jpg.229784ea3c991a4ea20ba9b66ac1f7f3.jpg

Great to read your update. Slow and steady it seems. I'm sure you'll still get a killer result. 6 months is still early doors, especially for the crown. Pity about the fin:mad: . Happy continued growing in 2018.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Great to read your update. Slow and steady it seems. I'm sure you'll still get a killer result. 6 months is still early doors, especially for the crown. Pity about the fin:mad: . Happy continued growing in 2018.

Thanks HG1

Just checked your thread you seem to have healed well, you will be out of the ugly duckling phase in no time.

Hi there,

Yes things are going well. I'm just under 10 weeks, another 6 weeks and hopefully the 'magic' will begin. Must admit I'm getting impatient now, but I have no doubt I will have a great result as I think you will also. Got quite a few sprouts of hair on the hairline which has been bald for years. Good luck moving forward.

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

• 1 month later...

Hi Bloodshoteyes,

Great to see your update. Your right side does appear to be a bit thinner :(. Have you contacted the clinic for any advice? Would you consider going back on Fin, but in a reduced dose to see if this makes any difference. I know you reported bad joint pain, which is a side of Fin. Try not to be too down, as you said you will probably need the full term to see the full result. I have reviewed hundred of cases over the years, and a lot of patients report big improvements right up to the 12 month mark. My left side seems a bit behind the right, albeit I'm 4 months behind you with similar loss. Good luck, hope you see further improvement next month.

Thanks for the reply HG1

I have not contacted Asmed.

I still have slight pain in my knees (not nearly as bad as when on Fin), so I’m apprehensive about taking it even at a reduced dose.

My re-growth does not appear to be the same as most people, mine is more slow and linear, so I’m still optimistic. If the hair density increases it will still be a good result, although I will have arrived there more slowly than most.

My hair looks better now than it did 5 years ago!

PICT0652.thumb.jpg.9e10849781acc8b485fbfb1d200daba7.jpg

20180205_144704.thumb.jpg.b8002f766b014d83a455ded8d756add2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

No more joint pain, glad that wasn’t permanent.

I have had a lot of spots and itchiness on the crown area, and I can see very fine blonde hairs.

The hair in front is starting to fill in more, everything seems to be progressing well, just wish it was a faster process.

8-months-BirdsEye-NoFlash.thumb.jpg.eaace4bb26f023d90eeea5295bbf8c8d.jpg

8-months-birdseye-flash.thumb.jpg.a6b77e768cd0486763d35fa11c472587.jpg

8-months-CloseUpCrown-flash.thumb.jpg.e71a62938bde2d0590369cbae5f55a34.jpg

8-months-front-NoFlash.thumb.jpg.70f1cf21465051674d50bfa3462b189a.jpg

8-months-Lside-flash.thumb.jpg.59fe76d03483a3d3b3687ee40471f261.jpg

8-months-Rside-flash.thumb.jpg.2eb812e9211fa1cfcd4899fdd2bda39a.jpg

No more joint pain, glad that wasn’t permanent.

I have had a lot of spots and itchiness on the crown area, and I can see very fine blonde hairs.

The hair in front is starting to fill in more, everything seems to be progressing well, just wish it was a faster process.

Big improvement in the last month, you must be pleased. Hope the growth continues.

Hi bloodshoteyes,

It's looking good!

Could you pull your hair backwards so that we can see your hairline clearly?

Keep us posted.

Thanks utxeee

Will do on my next update it’s a typical Erdogan hair though.

Also, you appear to have fine blond hair so results tend to look thinner even if they are good.

I was hoping having a low colour contrast would mitigate me having fine hair.

Big improvement in the last month, you must be pleased. Hope the growth continues.

Thanks HG1

The uneven growth had me a little worried! The right side seems to be getting stronger. Just checked your latest photos no worries for you!!, it looks good already.

Yeh the contrast of your hair and skin should help, but i think it looks thin because you have long hair. I personally have thin hair and i find mine looks thicker when it is shorter. Anyways its looking a lot better and hopefully your hair fills out even more in the coming months.

• 1 month later...
Yeh the contrast of your hair and skin should help, but i think it looks thin because you have long hair. I personally have thin hair and i find mine looks thicker when it is shorter. Anyways its looking a lot better and hopefully your hair fills out even more in the coming months.

Thanks BaldingtimetoLdar

What length do you find best?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Interestingly, the crown has improved a lot in your case. I don't know how normal that is but more people have frontal baldness than crown baldness and those who have had the crown worked on say it blooms very slowly.

I am hoping that the density improves so your frontal result gets better, as it should.

I don't know your exact age but at this stage I wouldn't worry much about finasteride, especially if it gives you strong side effects. It's more important when you are younger.

I had to take finasteride because my hair started falling very early, before 20, and sexual side effects remain but my body has adapted somehow, fortunately. I would love to ditch it but in my case it has been decisive.

Keep us posted. :)

13 Month update

Was going to do a 12-month update but could not log-on with the site being upgraded, this is a quick update for those who have contacted me. I will do an in-depth 15/18-month update as I think I have more results to come.

The right-side has improved, but is still weaker than the left, crown is still slowly improving.

Need a haircut, also with the hair texture changing haven’t found the right length or style.

For me the regrowth has been such a slow process, I forget where I started, I have included a photo I took a week or two before the op

BirdsEye-Flash.jpg

CloseUpCrown.jpg

CloseUpHairLine.jpg

Crown.jpg

DonorArea-Flash.jpg

HairLine.jpg

RightSide-Flash.jpg

RightSideFront-Flash.jpg

TopDown-Flash.jpg

PreOP.jpg