FUE. 31 yo. 2500 grafts on hairline. Thoughts?

fuzer1

I underwent FUE surgery one year ago to fill in my temples with 2500 grafts and am concerned about my hairline. It seems too solid. Too straight. My surgeon says that it will become more natural over time as the issue atm is the fact that all the hair has started growing at the same time. Once they take on their respective phases then it should appear more natural? I dunno. I'm not holding my breathe. It's all I notice in the mirror and people have commented on it. See pics for a recent holiday I just went on where it seems ridiculous.

Looking forward to hearing what people have to say. Also if anyone has any advice on what to do that would be great.

Thanks.

IMG_4042.JPG.a021853ca65863593597eb27be327c47.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG.3b4cad845d16a945666906b0cf838f2e.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG.9e60de3900bda3dbb588a04b1c793e94.JPG

Honestly, the hair line is quite straight but I don't think it looks pluggy or unduly uniform. Did the people who commented have prior knowledge about your procedure/concerns?

I don't think I would question the uniformity of your hairline unless I knew exactly what I was looking for. Some people do have naturally straight hairlines that are similar to yours. In the middle of your 3 pics the line actually looks reasonably soft, although it is certainly quite straight.

Hi all - thanks for the prompt responses.

Not a single soul knows I had the procedure.

The density I think I can deal with.. but my surgeon didn't use any nape hair so I think the hairline looks quite abrupt in addition to being overly straight. It doesn't appear as if any effort was made to create the 'rugged coastline' effect if you know what I'm talking about.

Mattj - your transplant looks amazing. It's not abrupt. The hairline is soft and it's not overly straight. I'd love for mine to look similar to that

I feel as though a lot of it just comes from you having very coarse and thick donor hair. There's a couple of 2 hair grafts at the front but even those don't seem like they ruin it.

I guess just do a small nape hair transplant if you have enough of it

My advice is to look at a pre op photo and see what you think. You are likely more happy now.

I agree that it looks like you have very good/thick caliber hair. I've said before that the only advantage to fine hair is that it is extremely natural, and super course hair takes more artistry to look perfectly natural IMO.

I think it looks fine, or you could had a hundred or so grafts to get some irregularity could help. I would not call this a failed procedure at all.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree with what you have noticed and

with what people have commented on in person without provocation.

Good news is that you have great density and an easy fix with a "FUE" singles to soften it a bit, especially if you want to style your hair as you do with an exposed hairline

Go on a few consults with some hairline docs that you like, such as Matt J's.

Looking good

Hi all - thanks for the prompt responses.

Not a single soul knows I had the procedure.

The density I think I can deal with.. but my surgeon didn't use any nape hair so I think the hairline looks quite abrupt in addition to being overly straight. It doesn't appear as if any effort was made to create the 'rugged coastline' effect if you know what I'm talking about.

Mattj - your transplant looks amazing. It's not abrupt. The hairline is soft and it's not overly straight. I'd love for mine to look similar to that

Thanks :) We had the same number of grafts but in your case I don't know what sort of area was covered. Your hair caliber is thicker than mine which does equate to better coverage, but my hair characteristics were good for a soft and natural look.

On the one hand I can see the problem that you're pointing out, but at the same time I don't think it looks conspicuously unnatural. The best course of action would be to do as Spanker advised and have a small number of grafts placed along the hairline to give you that 'rugged coastline'.

Most doctors tend not to use nape hair. I myself tend to think that if a HT can be improved with the use of nape hairs then it's worthwhile. Just as long as the patient knows that this area isn't with the defined 'safe zone' and has a greater chance of being lost in the future. Plus you have the potential issue of scarring in an area that is more visible. I see nape hair as a good resource for an informed patient.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Many hair transplant patients see their procedure and results differently than others. Being self-critical of the result is quite common. I agree with "Spanker", your hair looks very good. If you're still concerned in a few months, consider a few hundred strategically located grafts in your hairline as suggested. Be patient and appreciate your hair caliber.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I underwent FUE surgery one year ago to fill in my temples with 2500 grafts and am concerned about my hairline. It seems too solid. Too straight. My surgeon says that it will become more natural over time as the issue atm is the fact that all the hair has started growing at the same time. Once they take on their respective phases then it should appear more natural? I dunno. I'm not holding my breathe. It's all I notice in the mirror and people have commented on it. See pics for a recent holiday I just went on where it seems ridiculous.

Looking forward to hearing what people have to say. Also if anyone has any advice on what to do that would be great.

Thanks.

I personally think your hair looks great. Although your hairline is straight, it will likely be less so in a few years (some hairs may fall out). I also think that you are not doing yourself any favours with your hairstyle in the second photo. Try something different. Chat with a solid hair stylist.

I hope that helps and please don't take my comments as strident or as an attack. I think your hair looks great and many men would wish they had the same.

Thanks.

Hi. May you post immediate post-op photos?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Echoing what the others have said to reassure you that everything looks great. I certainly see what you're talking about with the straightness and density of the hairline, but it doesn't look super unnatural to me. It may not be the ideal result you were looking for and what you had in mind, but it still looks great. In fact, I have friends with similar hairlines who have never had work done.

For your own peace of mind, I hope the doctor is right and the hairline softens over time - but in the meantime, enjoy what is by all other measures a very solid result. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I see what you mean. The hairline should be more acute with more skin showing at the temples. I don't see anything that bad from the pics but in person I guess it could be different. I'm willing to bet you/other people just need to get used to it and that you're looking swell compared to pre-procedure - that'd be my overall two cents.

Many hair transplant patients see their procedure and results differently than others. Being self-critical of the result is quite common. I agree with "Spanker", your hair looks very good. If you're still concerned in a few months, consider a few hundred strategically located grafts in your hairline as suggested. Be patient and appreciate your hair caliber.

You think adding grafts to a 'too good' hairline is the solution? I could be wrong obviously and I think OP looks good as is, but I don't think that's a good idea. Generally friends don't make comments and the transplantee doesn't have the impression OP does if the result looks natural. I'm not saying it looks bad, I think it looks fine overall.

FWIW I think the hairline looks great. I bet other people have commented because they're just getting accustomed to the new look like others have mentioned.

Just had my procedure last week, can't wait to get some results like yours :thumbsup