onion & Garlic juice after a HT?

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2017 at 10:53 AM, dudewheresmyhairdude said:

I've had 2 FUE's and wondering about people claiming to see growth after 3 months of rubbing stinky-ass onion and garlic stew on their freaking heads. Anyone w/ experience with this after a hair transplant? I mean, not right after. That would be crazy.

Hello,

It is so common in India for people to use such concoctions on their scalp. I am guilty of doing the same when I first started losing hair.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. And I didn't see any results with using garlic or onion juice/paste etc. 

Personally, I think it does not work. And if you have hairloss then you should go for proper medications asap. That would save you much more time and hair.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

There are things out there that people swear by.  I recall everyone around me telling me I was losing my hair when I was in my 20s.  I even agreed to have some mixture of avocados put on my head.  Obviously it didn't do anything?  Could it have been because I only did it one day? Perhaps.  Like I tell people, if it works for you, continue using it.  

Take Propecia, for example.  Most doctors believe it takes 3-4 months to notice retention, and it may take up to 1 year to see if you'll enhance any native hair.  So, would all the concoctions that you are using be effective?  Try them for 1 year, take photos and check.  Likely, you'll notice nothing.  But something did happen.....

Not only did you waste that year, (you could have been on something approved/released by the FDA, but you are probably balder now.  

The other thing that I find interesting is how much people value their hair.  To agree to have all of these things done, speaks volumes about how we feel about having hair.

7 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

There are things out there that people swear by.  I recall everyone around me telling me I was losing my hair when I was in my 20s.  I even agreed to have some mixture of avocados put on my head.  Obviously it didn't do anything?  Could it have been because I only did it one day? Perhaps.  Like I tell people, if it works for you, continue using it.  

Take Propecia, for example.  Most doctors believe it takes 3-4 months to notice retention, and it may take up to 1 year to see if you'll enhance any native hair.  So, would all the concoctions that you are using be effective?  Try them for 1 year, take photos and check.  Likely, you'll notice nothing.  But something did happen.....

Not only did you waste that year, (you could have been on something approved/released by the FDA, but you are probably balder now.  

The other thing that I find interesting is how much people value their hair.  To agree to have all of these things done, speaks volumes about how we feel about having hair.

So true. I wasted a lot of time trying all those things too. Shampoos, hair oils, lots of jungle nature stuff, eatables, basically anything I found - it was on my hair. Wish I had taken Finasteride immediately then. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

9 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Hello,

It is so common in India for people to use such concoctions on their scalp. I am guilty of doing the same when I first started losing hair.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. And I didn't see any results with using garlic or onion juice/paste etc. 

Personally, I think it does not work. And if you have hairloss then you should go for proper medications asap. That would save you much more time and hair.

you do realize this thread is almost 2 years old that you bumped right....?

• 6 months later...
On 4/19/2019 at 4:14 PM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

So true. I wasted a lot of time trying all those things too. Shampoos, hair oils, lots of jungle nature stuff, eatables, basically anything I found - it was on my hair. Wish I had taken Finasteride immediately then. 

Taking finasteride is about taking sacrifices. Its all in priorities. I can 100% guarantee you that your boner will never be as hard as it used to be, whether you got the sides or not. If you are happy will that tradeoff, then good for you. My choice will always be - start minoxidil/dermarolling on time, if it works it works, if not screw it. But i guess you started treating it too late so you hopped on everything you could to get it back.

1 minute ago, Gasthoerer said:

The only 100 % guarantee is, that this a bunch of made-up non-sense.

i m not denying that you can take fin and have libido, all i m saying is that if libido really really matters to you, you shouldnt do it. It takes a % of it. DHT is still playing a role in that

1 minute ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

i m not denying that you can take fin and have libido, all i m saying is that if libido really really matters to you, you shouldnt do it. It takes a % of it. DHT is still playing a role in that

And I am saying: This is all self-made up bro-science without any scientific background. 

3 minutes ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

How is there no scientific background? The medication literally blocks the sex hormone that has a huge role in libido.

The medication also raises testosterone. I am not aware of a study which gives a direct correlation between DHT and libido … and especially not between FIN and "how hard your boner gets". 

Please show us this study before you claim "100 % guarantees". 

22 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

The medication also raises testosterone. I am not aware of a study which gives a direct correlation between DHT and libido … and especially not between FIN and "how hard your boner gets". 

Please show us this study before you claim "100 % guarantees". 

The only reason it increases testosterone (something like 8%) is because it blocks the conversion to DHT. DHT and libido are very much directly related. DHT is necessary for libdo. Now depending on how much you block it, you will influence your libido a tiny bit or a noticeable bit 

36 minutes ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

DHT and libido are very much directly related. DHT is necessary for libdo. 

Again, show some proof please. I think you have made this up, cause it sounds good in the bro-science world.

DUT blocks almost 100 % of DHT. Still people who use DUT have a libido. Hell, hard to believe I know, but: Even women have a libido despite their low DHT levels...

You are right about the reason for T raise, though. 

• Administrators

I remember when I was 18 my gf at the time had a brother who was in his 20’s and  balding. I remember he had an onion and garlic shampoo. He swore by it, and a year later he lost all of his hair. Definitely not something i would try.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I remember when I was 18 my gf at the time had a brother who was in his 20’s and  balding. I remember he had an onion and garlic shampoo. He swore by it, and a year later he lost all of his hair. Definitely not something i would try.

Yeah, if you are obviously balding you shouldnt give a try to things like that and stick to what has been proven to work

52 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Again, show some proof please. I think you have made this up, cause it sounds good in the bro-science world.

DUT blocks almost 100 % of DHT. Still people who use DUT have a libido. Hell, hard to believe I know, but: Even women have a libido despite their low DHT levels...

You are right about the reason for T raise, though. 

Womens libido works totally different than mens libido, you cant compare these 2 things. Just because some of the DHT is blocked it doesnt mean you dont have any left which means you can still have libido