Dr. Koray Erdogan 1420 Grafts to Hairline

Think you're jumping the gun a bit mate but I can understand why your worried.. Have you talked to your doc? If so what did he say?

Try letting it grow out for the next couple months to the length you had it preop, that will give a better idea if the density is suitable and if the yield is/was ok.

Also if you see the US doc in person see if they can measure the density in the recipient and compare it with the numbers koray implanted at

I'm almost at the six month mark. Photoas attached. Taken with flash. I've been keeping my hair buzzed to a 1 guard through the growing stage. At this point, I am not happy. My forelock density looks great and natural. However the lateral sides of my hairline (temples) lack density and look unnatural. I basically have two hairlines with sparse hair in between. Very disappointed at this point. I'm not sure if I didn't get enough grafts or had low yield, but I'm planning another procedure of 600-1000 grafts to blend the area better with another doctor in the U.S.

Hi Band,

You state 'almost at the six month mark'. Wow that's early doors in HT terms. Everyone has different growth periods, I would give it until a minimum of 10 months. Personally, I think the pics look good to me at this stage. Try and be patient my friend, could save you another surgery and some dollars. I hope you see an improvement in line with your expectations over the coming months.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Think you're jumping the gun a bit mate but I can understand why your worried.. Have you talked to your doc? If so what did he say?

Try letting it grow out for the next couple months to the length you had it preop, that will give a better idea if the density is suitable and if the yield is/was ok.

Also if you see the US doc in person see if they can measure the density in the recipient and compare it with the numbers koray implanted at

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. I'm going to see another doc in LA that specializes in hairlines and see what they think in December, and if a touch up is required or not. I don't think I'll need more than 750-1000 grafts max to get a more blended density. Upon inspection of the recipient area, it just doesn't look like there are going to be any more sprouts, in which case the density will be nowhere near what it needs to be. Not expecting native density at all, never was. But this didn't mean my expectations (thus far). I know some say it is early, but I don't see how it could improve much past this point

• 2 weeks later...

No pics right now but here are my observations:

The hairline looks very, very good when it has grown or to a quarter of an inch or so. It is starting to blend in nicely with the native hair. However, when my hair is buzzed to a 1 it looks a lot worse. Noticeable change in density. I know native density with a HT isn't realistic and maybe I still had unrealistic expections, but I would've liked more density. I can tell that at the 8-12mo mark it will look stellar grown out long. That's assuming I keep getting growth. However I am still planning one more pass to help thicken up the recipient area so it looks better short.

• 5 months later...

12 month results. Pretty pleased. Taken with flash, best quality pics I have right now. I would say it looks pretty natural. My barber commented that my hairline is the "golden standard" so that sure feels nice. There are some spots on the left side that aren't quite as dense and I'm planning a 500 graft session to touch everything up.

Curious to see what the community here thinks.

IMG_6645.thumb.jpg.866057b258b394151a814fc3a2da4e04.jpg

IMG_6646.thumb.jpg.7fbb1643cfaced5b084aeb0426308b95.jpg

IMG_6643.thumb.jpg.2c11146187cdd41ba1ad8ff335ea1be0.jpg

• 6 months later...

No. Another Dr. 

I got the density increased in the temples and the hairline slightly softened with some one follicle grafts  

Erdogan used multiple hair grafts on the hairline and it was noticeable up close. It’s hard to say because overall it looks great other than some inconsistencies in the hairline that only someone with a trained eye could spot. However I don’t think I can recommend him anymore especially after seeing some of his recent results that frankly look horrible. I believe he has gotten complacent; when I was there he operated on 4-5 people at a time and he had an army of techs so it was like playing Russian roulette. He was nice and all to me and it was a good experience but I would not take the risk of going back there again. 

For legal and and privacy reasons I can’t state the doctors name because of the nature of this thread but he is very well-known. 

Edited by bandersnatchi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1