Potential Recommendation of Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong of Thailand

Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We’d like to gather your input and opinions regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong of Thailand on the Hair Transplant Network. At this time, Dr. Laorwong is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation and how it differs from Coalition membership, click here.

Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong has over 10 years of experience and was trained and performed his fellowship under former Coalition member Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich. Dr. Laorwong performs both FUT and FUE hair transplant surgery exclusively at his clinic Bangkok, Thailand. Dr. Laorwong has the staff and experience to perform large, densely packed sessions of follicular unit grafting exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient and operates on only 1 patient per day. While the number of follicular units Dr. Laorwong harvests in a single day via FUE may be smaller, patients often return for multiple days to achieve their goals. With FUE, a single session can extend multiple consecutive days.

In 2016, Patrick Hennessey, Founder and Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network visited Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong and observed his surgical technique at his clinic in Thailand. Typically, Pat presents the highlights from visits to leading hair transplant clinics in the "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" forum category however, the files and photos pertaining to his visit were regrettably damaged during his travels. However, Pat was very impressed with Dr. Laorwong and felt that he was very dedicated to state of the art FUT/strip and FUE hair transplant surgery.

Dr. Laorwong specializes in FUT/Strip, FUE, BHT, eyebrow transplantation, mustache and beard restoration and scar repair. He also provides non-surgical hair loss solutions including PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections, finasteride, 5% minoxidil and laser therapy via the laser cap. Dr. Kongkiat uses minimally invasive techniques and all the latest tools such as the trichophytic closure, microscopic dissection via strip, dense packing, tiny incisions as small as 0.8mm depending on the graft size and patient.

During FUE (follicular unit extraction), Dr. Laorwong uses various sharp punches with a Vortex motorized hand piece for ease of usability, precision, speed and to maximize control while minimizing transection. Some extraneous tissue is left on the grafts to maximize survival rates and reduce damage during handling. Lion implanters or forceps are used to implant the harvested follicular units into pre-made tiny incisions. Grafts are only kept outside of the body in a chilled intracellular storage, HTK solution for 2 to 6 hours depending on the size of the session. Grafts are transplanted long before desiccation (dehydration) or damage of any kind can occur to the follicular units.

Dr. Laorwong provides both FUT via strip surgery and FUE as he feels both extraction techniques have a valuable place in hair transplant surgery. He believes what's good for one patient isn't always best for another.

Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong is dedicated to creating natural hairlines using only the finest single haired follicular units for placement. Dr. Laorwong densely packs up to 50 follicular units per square centimeter (FU/cm2) when appropriate.

Given Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong's vast experience in performing both state of the art FUT and FUE and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

Over the last several months, Dr. Laorwong has presented several examples of his FUT/strip and FUE procedure and recent results on this forum. A sample of Dr. Laorwong's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

2502 Grafts Via Strip

3641 Grafts Via Strip

3645 Grafts Via Strip

2584 Grafts Via Strip

1779 Grafts Via Strip

3627 Grafts Via Strip

3093 Grafts Via Strip

3070 Grafts Via Strip

3000 Grafts FUE

3417 Grafts FUE

1800 Grafts FUE

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

No meaningful reputation in the industry. Completely absent over the years from this forum until recently. The pictures are blurry. Under no circumstances should someone at this point in their career with such little track record qualify.

Jls008,

I appreciate you posting your opinion. I can understand why you and others focus primarily on surgeons who've been more present on our discussion forum over the years. However, there are some excellent doctors that have not yet been discovered because they haven't been overly involved or present in discussion forums.

One thing I forgot to mention (which I've gone back and added) which is crucial is that Patrick Hennessey, founder and publisher of this community visited and evaluated Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong in live surgery about a year ago (2016) and was very impressed. Typically, Pat's reviews and highlights from his visits are added to the "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" discussion forum category however, the photos and files from his laptop were damaged and he was not able to present them. I did however, consult with him just two days ago and he reiterated that he was impressed though he wishes he still had the documentation and files that he could share.

Furthermore, Dr. Laorwong was trained and did his fellowship with former Coalition member Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich.

I understand that blurry photos can be a bit of a deterent in evaluating a surgeon. But it's important that we evaluate a surgeon based on his surgical ability and results rather than his photo taking skills. Also, take a look on this topic, one of our members said "Fantastic work, Glad to see you offer the no shave technique and have so good examples of this posted."

While we haven't had much public feedback on this particular topic, I've received some private feedback from physicians with accolades of his involvement in the community and respect amongst his physician peers. I've also seen no real reasons suggesting why he shouldn't be recommended, especially given that Pat visited and was impressed with him, his procedure and results just last year.

Best wishes,

Bill

Guys,

It seems not many members have chosen to speak out and provide their input on the potential recommendation of this physician, although we have received a few emails from physicians who gave him accolades as a reputable member of the physician community.

I know one member posted objecting to his recommendation because there's not much about him on this forum and because some of the photos are blurry. But we have to remember that physicians need to be evaluated based on their surgical skill, technique and results rather than their picture taking ability. High resolution photos help for sure and we will be instructing him on taking high resolution photos moving forward.

But given that Dr. Laorwong was trained by the well respected Dr. Pathomvanich and was visited by the founder and publisher of our community, Patrick Hennessey who was impressed by his work, I feel confident moving ahead with recommending him on the Hair Transplant Network.

I trust that as members see more of Dr. Laorwong and his work presented on this community, that he will become more well known and respected amongst forum members and the overall patient community.

You can view Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong's recommendation profile by clicking here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello guys,

As a patient of Dr. Laorwong and as a surgeon myself I am feeling happy that Dr. Laorwong has been recommended by hair restoration network.

One should not confine the opinion to photos alone.

Being a surgeon myself I know photos can be deceptive at times and are not 100% foolproof. This guy is genuine and his work is 100%..

Regards

Dr. Saleem

I think Dr Kongkiat Laorwong of Absolute Hair Clinic definitely deserves recognition on this forum for his consistent technical excellence, and the positive feedback from his patients. In fact, I feel this recognition is long overdue.

As you correctly mentioned in your original post Dr Laorwong performs grafts at a high density.

I posted about this same thing back on 22 May when I found, after the scabs had come off, that the hair in the recipient area was absolutely indistinguishable from my natural hair, even though my hair was only 1/8in (3mm) long all over at the time, due to the density and natural placement of the grafts in the recipient area matching that of my natural hair. A thumbnail was attached.

I am now 7 weeks post-op and those grafts have now moulted and started regrowing. But since Dr Laorwong told me at our initial consultation that his graft survival rate is over 95% I am confident the regrowth will ultimately result in completely natural-looking hair that is undetectable as a hair transplant.

I think Dr Kongkiat Laorwong of Absolute Hair Clinic definitely deserves recognition on this forum for his consistent technical excellence, and the positive feedback from his patients. In fact, I feel this recognition is long overdue.

As you correctly mentioned in your original post Dr Laorwong performs grafts at a high density.

I posted about this same thing back on 22 May when I found, after the scabs had come off, that the hair in the recipient area was absolutely indistinguishable from my natural hair, even though my hair was only 1/8in (3mm) long all over at the time, due to the density and natural placement of the grafts in the recipient area matching that of my natural hair. A thumbnail was attached.

I am now 7 weeks post-op and those grafts have now moulted and started regrowing. But since Dr Laorwong told me at our initial consultation that his graft survival rate is over 95% I am confident the regrowth will ultimately result in completely natural-looking hair that is undetectable as a hair transplant.

Hello IanfromOz,

Would you choose Dr. Laorwong over Dr. Path for large FUT?

IAmFromOz,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. As one of his patients in particular, we are very interested in hearing your opinion. How did the day of the procedure go? If you haven't already, I encourage you to start a topic for the sole purpose of sharing your experience and photos. You are also encouraged to create a patient website which is the best way to share and document your monthly progress. You can create journal entries, share monthly photos, share details about more than one procedure, share YouTube videos and more. Just go to http://www.hairlossweblogs.com to create a website.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi RobHealthMan,

Would you choose Dr. Laorwong over Dr. Path for large FUT?

Probably not. Only because I had FUE myself (so I don't know about FUT) and most of the references I've seen to Dr Path seem to involve "large FUT" so maybe that's his speciality.

Oops. (This is an edit.) I just noticed heaps of thumbnail links provided by Dr Laorwong in the first post in this thread showing large FUT work. Maybe some of those photos match your own situation.

Edited by IanFromOz

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a recent hair transplant with Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong out of Bangkok. You can see my experience, updates and comments on this thread.

I would also appreciate any feedback from my surgery.

Thank you.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187068-6-5-months-fue-update-dr-kongkiat-laorwong-bangkok-new-post.html

Edited by htnewbieht

I had surgery with Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong almost a year ago. The result was very disappointing. I made a mistake in getting this doctor as I though he was good since he is certified by FISHRS and ABHRS. I can't really do anything except accept my mistake in choosing him and just warn others. I could have gotten a better deal in Turkey except that my girlfriend is Thai and I wanted to visit her and get the surgery at the same time.

Regardless, it is time for me to move on and so for the guys reading this, be very careful.

I had surgery with Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong almost a year ago. The result was very disappointing. I made a mistake in getting this doctor as I though he was good since he is certified by FISHRS and ABHRS. I can't really do anything except accept my mistake in choosing him and just warn others. I could have gotten a better deal in Turkey except that my girlfriend is Thai and I wanted to visit her and get the surgery at the same time.

Regardless, it is time for me to move on and so for the guys reading this, be very careful.

Sorry to hear about your disappointing results... Are you able to post any before and after pictures? It would be really helpful to others in this forum.

Sorry to hear about your disappointing results... Are you able to post any before and after pictures? It would be really helpful to others in this forum.

Not sure if you caught my story link above but would appreciate some comments. Everyone on this forum states it would be helpful for everyone but tbh, getting any feedback from anyone has been like pulling teeth.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187068-6-5-months-fue-update-dr-kongkiat-laorwong-bangkok-new-post.html

Another unsatisfied customer here. I had an HT with this doctor more than a year ago. I only have 3 words to describe him.

Konkiat LORWONG = arrogant + expensive + poor result

Arrogant - he never answered my simple questions in the email and just gave me instructions instead.

Expensive - this is self explanatory

Poor results - probably this doctor is a hit or miss type which isn't reassuring for the price

If you are considering this guy, I am telling you, DON'T! Just my opinion.

That's all.

Another unsatisfied customer here. I had an HT with this doctor more than a year ago. I only have 3 words to describe him.

Konkiat LORWONG = arrogant + expensive + poor result

Arrogant - he never answered my simple questions in the email and just gave me instructions instead.

Expensive - this is self explanatory

Poor results - probably this doctor is a hit or miss type which isn't reassuring for the price

If you are considering this guy, I am telling you, DON'T! Just my opinion.

That's all.

Do you have any pics of your work??

You can see mine at my post just above this one.

• 1 month later...
Had a procedure done by this doctor last August 11. Below is a link to a thread I posted.

Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong in Bangkok - 2500 grafts [August 11, 2017] - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

I had similar work like yours from this Dr. Lets hope your outcome is better than mine, I got back about 60-65% of my grafts. My hair is growing now, so it looks more full but still, not the best experience with this Dr. Feel free to check out my story and pics above.

I have been reading your posts and the replies before my surgery and it really made me very anxious. Yeah, it looks like we have almost the same areas that were transplanted hairs with.

Do you have any new pictures? Also, any pre op pictures?

I am sorry to know that you had a different experience than mine. But I am more anxious about results rather than the experience.

I have been reading your posts and the replies before my surgery and it really made me very anxious. Yeah, it looks like we have almost the same areas that were transplanted hairs with.

Do you have any new pictures? Also, any pre op pictures?

I am sorry to know that you had a different experience than mine. But I am more anxious about results rather than the experience.

Yeah, thanks, as mentioned by someone else, seems to be hit or miss with this Dr.

I will update some new pictures here on this post tomorrow during the daylight so you can see my progress.

Unfortunately, they shaved my head that day so I don't have clear pre op pictures. But I have these with my hair, you can see where my previous recession was.

2016-10-02-17-47-15.jpg.d269ad7afe950e702eb06ca3692bed75.jpg

2016-10-02-17-44-56.jpg.8731f1cf1e6d50a46e3c4b7d44338587.jpg

20160923_135048.thumb.jpg.4f0c8d5bf7efea430f9b7cbfa90734ef.jpg

It does look better now compared to before. I saw your photos on the thread you created and I would admit I feel a little worried if 60%-65% only survived and you took a lot of precautions. Did some of the patches ever grew hair? I wonder if the patches were caused by lost grafts or just bad design. Currently, looking at the grafts that grew hair, everything seems fine. I didn't developed crusting as I kept my head moist most of the time so everything I see is hopefully everything that grows.

The guys who gave negative comments worried me before but without photos, I can't really agree with them. To me, it sounded like other people saying bad things about propecia when scientific data doesn't make any conclusions about a lot of it.

I had the same areas done too. Hairline + crown but I am taking propecia to ensure I don't lose my original hairs early. How about you?

Edited by junior

Manikinanakin,

If you are truly a patient of his, then I think it is only fair that you share your before and after pictures, the date of your procedure and explain in more detail why you feel this way. Frankly, it is on usual that brand new posters join the forum to share their input on new potential recommendations, especially after they've already been approved. However, we do encourage posters to share their genuine experiences good or bad. If you are so dissatisfied though, did you go to your doctor to try to resolve your concerns? How long ago was this? Let's hear some detail. Otherwise, this post that is very general is very unfair to the entire community.

Best wishes,

Bill

Here are some updated pictures. I am about 10.5 months. I tried to take the most honest pictures I could, some of the ones from direct outdoor light actually surprised me on how thin and patchy it made my hair look but then again, I really think it depends on angles.

There are outdoor direct daylight from my balcony, under bathroom light and some with a flash. I can honestly say everyday life, I never ever get questioned or I believe someone thinks I had something done to my hair. My hair is somewhat thin on the sides naturally and thinner all around so maybe it all just looks normal. If I had thicker hair from the beginning, I would probably notice the imperfectness of this HT more? I have no idea.

To answer your question, I have been on propecia the whole time, though a pretty light unorthodox dosage.

As I mentioned in my other post, my future plans is to get SMP and use some type of fiber if I feel like I need it.

IMG_5855.thumb.jpg.7e17ad8662624f4424b327725a61baea.jpg

IMG_5816.thumb.jpg.aa6cedd632525f4bd069d264168cf3b4.jpg

IMG_5818.thumb.jpg.33bd379cc3861c11c43940e86f8139b8.jpg

IMG_5821.thumb.jpg.e99a74a755dc6c152f7de6c2d811caf0.jpg

IMG_5820.thumb.jpg.7b15d596fc60008d565606bbed38d4bb.jpg

IMG_5837.thumb.jpg.cb1a161d7a354a04462ae4128b1121ea.jpg

IMG_5832.thumb.jpg.2f213ae5723e07b2cf362497fdeb842a.jpg

IMG_5835.thumb.jpg.5663ab3ca1125eb3adcf6e456b54ded5.jpg

IMG_5838.thumb.jpg.d745586365c945b1b1dbe08c4adf1778.jpg

IMG_5846.thumb.jpg.80816de6be14501da6ddc4cec0cf1524.jpg

IMG_5851.thumb.jpg.f6746a520c39bfc8dc5c05a97ec054c9.jpg

IMG_5854.thumb.jpg.524f51a284b30f6154d0fb462c85a222.jpg

But to stay on topic of this particular thread. I would not recommend anyone to get a transplant from this particular Dr. Nevermind the lack of post surgery assistance and support.

He himself may be a decent HT Dr. but that does not account for his yapping unprofessional assistances that may eventually ruin potential grafts before they have a chance to even take root, which could have been the case with my surgery.

Be warned.

Thank you for the pictures bro. I do understand how you feel regarding the results, specifically looking at the third picture, it does look like an uncovered patch. I take 1mg propecia everyday but I know results of that will be noticeable together with the results of my hair transplant.

I understand why you wouldn't recommend this doctor. I'll wait for my 6th month to be able to say anything. But hey, you do look better than before. I wish you all the best.

Meanwhile, here are my pictures taken after shower. Today is the 11th day post op. There is some redness which I think I scratched but I applied an antibacterial cream just to be safe.

IMG_4011.thumb.jpg.3fe632dec52fbb66e92efeaf89dc6b54.jpg

IMG_4010.thumb.jpg.f85f53bcd4f7fc0b0fc4193ef3409312.jpg