Rahal: FUE 1600: 5 months update

Hi there,

I'm 39 years old and I had a FUE of 1600 grafts with Dr Rahal on the 16th of January 2017.

We can talk about how nice is team, the post-op experience and so on... but really mater after all it's the result. I would interested to get your feedback about my progress at 5 months mark and I will continue to post picture at 6, 9 and 12 months.

Here are my pictures pre-op

5b32f43e37c7c_ScreenShot2017-06-14at10_00_39PM.jpg.5221fc65430b87667d1ca36dda4708e1.jpg

5b32f43e4b13e_ScreenShot2017-06-14at10_01_09PM.jpg.c360a9494f76afa4d164266472e15bf4.jpg

5b32f43e5e885_ScreenShot2017-06-14at10_00_52PM.jpg.18a60ecbddd406af2eb2478f6a721020.jpg

Frederick,

Thanks for sharing your before, 2 week and 5 month photos. Based on the pictures you shared, I'd say you are right where you should be at only 5 months. Things are looking good, but as other members have already said, you have a long way to go.

Based on the before and 5 month photos, is it save to assume that grafts were only transplanted in the frontal area? Your 2 week post-op pictures shows your entire scalp but the before pictures shows design markings at the hairline area. If you have any additional photos that show exactly where the hair was transplated, that would be great.

Best wishes,

Bill

Looks good but conditions are so drastically different from pre to post op.

What to YOU think of you're results Frederic?

Seriously, I think it looks terrible for the moment... and I should also admit that my case looks similar to Szotz_257

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186055-my-2612-fue-dr-rahal.html

But I hope it will improve a lot

Seriously, I think it looks terrible for the moment... and I should also admit that my case looks similar to Szotz_257

You clearly have an expectation problem, and are trying to rush your result along before it's time. Be patient dude. Looks as good as mine did at 5 months

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

There's definitely some sparseness in the middle of the hairline. The rest is hard to tell though because the pictures are so different. Do you have some pics around the 3rd month mark? Either way don't panic as it is too early for significant growth.

Edited by dan26

Looks good but conditions are so drastically different from pre to post op.

What to YOU think of you're results Frederic?

Not to pick on Dan or anyone else but this is one of the biggest problems I see on this forum all the time. Now, Frederick is only 5 months post op. And someone has asked "What do you think of your RESULTS?" Does anyone else see a problem with this?

Most patients only just start to see signs of growth at 5 months. Nobody can declare what they're seeing as a "result" until at least 1 year after surgery. Currently, he is still in the beginning phases and it would be highly realistic to call what he's seeing a "result". Instead, we should really be calling these PROGRESS photos!

Again, I'm not picking on anyone in particular even though I used Dan's comments in quotation. But it's this kind of thinking that gets patients overly angry at doctors unnecessarily.

Best wishes,

Bill

Not to pick on Dan or anyone else but this is one of the biggest problems I see on this forum all the time. Now, Frederick is only 5 months post op. And someone has asked "What do you think of your RESULTS?" Does anyone else see a problem with this?

Most patients only just start to see signs of growth at 5 months. Nobody can declare what they're seeing as a "result" until at least 1 year after surgery. Currently, he is still in the beginning phases and it would be highly realistic to call what he's seeing a "result". Instead, we should really be calling these PROGRESS photos!

Again, I'm not picking on anyone in particular even though I used Dan's comments in quotation. But it's this kind of thinking that gets patients overly angry at doctors unnecessarily.

Best wishes,

Bill

Damn brah I ask one simple question and get accused of feeding into the hysteria/neurosis/paranoia of post op HT patients. Just a question, don't blame me for patients pestering their doctors! I think they can handle it though, they're paid well and have plenty patient reps ;)

It can safely be implied at this point that 5 month results =/= final results. If not then the patient was not properly informed or well researched. Fair point that the word progress is more appropriate, but I could tell by the tone of the post that he was not super pleased and I wanted to hear his own thoughts on his progress.

I even said said it ''looked good'', but it is important we know his own self assessment.

Ultimately the pictures are inconclusive and the amount of time he is post op would still make even great pictures inconclusive as far as the final result is concerned.

Rawkerboy also used the word ''results'' in this thread ---> ''Lovely results'' Personally I think giving false hope about ''results'' when they are inconclusive is also bad. Patients need to be realistic, stay on top of things ,communicate with their Doctor etc...All of which should be explained beforehand and forum members bear little responsibility to what a patient decides to discuss with their Doctor postop.

Edited by dan26

Definitely no cause for concern at this early stage. Very few patients will have anything close to their final result at 5 months and what I see looks very typical of what to expect by this time.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, still early yet :)

(I know we're not talking about our post-op, but do reach out if you have questions!)

Keep us posted, and happy growing.

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
How is growth now? Any changes?

Good luck. Wish you the best.

Thank you for your message.

I didn't pay too much attention to it but I will update in two weeks went I will cross the 6 months mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 6 months update, I didn't see that much improvement from last month.

As you can see I still have that gap at the middle. I remember that around the end of the procedure DR Rahal came to check the work of Mick, who told the Doctor "there are 50 grafts left what should I do?" Dr Rahal says "places them at the middle".

So I'm not an expert in hair grafts, and I'm not interested to become one, but I guess that too many grafts have been placed in the middle area.

Seriously this is the cherry on top because if you zoom on the lateral picture you can see that the density is not there too and I don't know how many grafts have grown until today but It's less than 50%.

Now it's "only 6 months" I still cross my fingers but I would be pretty disappointed if I had to go through this process again.

Thank you for your comments.

IMG_0338.thumb.jpg.6261ccf08de00ad2c091cb9130ee16d3.jpg

IMG_0305.thumb.jpg.f4bef17f31d216f2f3798a7fc3414afc.jpg

IMG_0269.thumb.jpg.b9c2e790051210bd16057699b22f3e9a.jpg

IMG_0345.thumb.jpg.5403a9bd35c31e5afb164f50e947c8ff.jpg

Edited by frederic001

• 1 year later...

I feel like you have every right to be slightly upset at this point.

it looks like in the pre pictures you sweep your hair forward to hide the recession.

Seems you have natural thickness and strong middle to hide it. I have the sane situation. It was only once I cut my hair short did my spouse and family realize I was balding significantly.

in the post pictures it seems you have confidence to not mask it and it looks better but given the cost and the surgery... not a home run yet.

lets hope you’re just one of those slower to grow individuals.

• 4 weeks later...