Nizoral 2%

Been off it for about a month cos I noticed a lot of shedding probably been over using, used it last night for the 1st time after the break thought I'd try once a week but today had a massive shed and dry skin 200 hairs plus, deffo putting it down to nizoral that stuff is deadly cutting it out for good only plus it ever gave me was slightly fuller hair, my scalp is flaking loads of dry skin when I brush it now, going to give e45 dry scalp shampoo a go for a cure.

Any input welcome

Never had a problem with Nizoral myself .

Used it 2 to 3 times a week post op and it really helped with my scalp . Still use it now , around once or possibly twice a week on occasion .

Maybe you were using it too often or have possibly developed a reaction to it . I'd certainly be wary of using it more than twice a week over a prolonged period .

Never had a problem with Nizoral myself .

Used it 2 to 3 times a week post op and it really helped with my scalp . Still use it now , around once or possibly twice a week on occasion .

Maybe you were using it too often or have possibly developed a reaction to it . I'd certainly be wary of using it more than twice a week over a prolonged period .

possible, but be careful i used it for ages no problem then all of a sudden it started to really dry out my scalp and hair, even my barber asked me what i had done to my hair because it looked fine, this is the 2nd time ive had the massive shed after using it, my hair was just dropping out and 100% sure its the nizoral

DJ,

Nizoral is great but if you are using the 2% solution, it can be a bit harsh on the scalp. As a result, it's best to use no more than 2 or 3 times a week. They say every other day is fine, but I personally like to give it more of a break than that. Also, make sure you use an excellent conditioner after you rinse off the Nizoral so you nourish and moisturize the scalp and hair follicles/shafts.

Best wishes,

Bill

DJ,

Nizoral is great but if you are using the 2% solution, it can be a bit harsh on the scalp. As a result, it's best to use no more than 2 or 3 times a week. They say every other day is fine, but I personally like to give it more of a break than that. Also, make sure you use an excellent conditioner after you rinse off the Nizoral so you nourish and moisturize the scalp and hair follicles/shafts.

Best wishes,

Bill

yes its very harsh on hair and scalp, ive ditched it tbh i stick to sulfate free shampoos now

Most shampoos are bad enough as it is. But medicated ones like nizoral, not thanks. Used it for a little while and hated the way it made my hair feel. Not to mention it made my scalp more itchy than anything. I only use shampoo from health food stores now they are paraben and sulfate free and unscented.

Nizoral is clinically proven as an anti-androgen and effective against androgenic alopecia, particularly when used in conjunction with propecia and minoxidil. This is just a fact, and shown through at least ten studies I have seen. Shedding is a feature of all of these medications, so its no surprise what occurred, its something that if you start using you should continue.

I had seriously bad dandruff all my life, and only recently have I successfully got rid of it, first through use of nizoral which causes my scalp to exfoliate and kills fungus. This originally caused another issue with the flaking, however when I added coal tar t/gel shampoo it fixed both and stopped my itching. Absolutely zero problem with inflammation or dandruff now using both of these twice a week.

I seem to be one of the rare people who says this, but I love the way nizoral makes my hair feel and it does better to make it look thick than anything else. Like Bill said, it wouldn't hurt to add a good conditioner.

If I were you I would keep it up twice a week. To say nizoral is ineffective is to argue against the science and studies.

• Like 1

Nizoral is clinically proven as an anti-androgen and effective against androgenic alopecia, particularly when used in conjunction with propecia and minoxidil. This is just a fact, and shown through at least ten studies I have seen. Shedding is a feature of all of these medications, so its no surprise what occurred, its something that if you start using you should continue.

I had seriously bad dandruff all my life, and only recently have I successfully got rid of it, first through use of nizoral which causes my scalp to exfoliate and kills fungus. This originally caused another issue with the flaking, however when I added coal tar t/gel shampoo it fixed both and stopped my itching. Absolutely zero problem with inflammation or dandruff now using both of these twice a week.

I seem to be one of the rare people who says this, but I love the way nizoral makes my hair feel and it does better to make it look thick than anything else. Like Bill said, it wouldn't hurt to add a good conditioner.

If I were you I would keep it up twice a week. To say nizoral is ineffective is to argue against the science and studies.

I'm glad it works for you, but be carful over applying this stuff or leaving on longer than recommended cause your hair to fall out and your scalp dry as a bone, there are better shampoos out there

I'm glad it works for you, but be carful over applying this stuff or leaving on longer than recommended cause your hair to fall out and your scalp dry as a bone, there are better shampoos out there

No there aren't if you're looking for an anti-hairloss shampoo. Again, there are many, many studies showing nizoral 2 and 1% effective at working as a stand-alone and synergistic treatment along with minoxodil and finasteride. Various large scale studies suggest nizoral 2% 2-3 times per week achieves an equivalent result in a multi year period to 2% minoxidil.

You're arguing against the facts, and you could make exactly the same claim against finasteride and minoxidil, as those who come off them and go back on after a sizeable amount of time also often have a shed.

Argue against the studies and science all you like, you made the mistake to stop utilising the shampoo despite the consequences being very, very widespread in awareness.

You seem very misinformed, if you want facts I'll give you them, nizoral was never marketed as a anti androgen shampoo it was never marketed for hair loss, infact if you read the side effects it states it can actually cause hairloss, it's sold and FDA cleared as an antifungal medication used to treat fungal infections of the skin, so when using it in the hope it stops DHT you run the risk of every side effect listed, it's a medicated shampoo that your using in the hope it stops further hairloss, not one ethetical DR would prescribe it for AGA and those are the facts, so you calling it a anti-hairloss shampoo is false that's what you believe but don't state stuff that is purely incorrect. You have your own issues to deal with I think you've been a member here for less than 2 months and already posted 129 times, that's more than me and I've been here over 2 years, I would not take any advice from a man who has had a hair transplant at the age of 22 like yourself utterly barbaric and wholly wrong I'm guessing you had that done in turkey where they would operate on a minor if they see $$ signs

There isn't much point arguing with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, but I'll keep going anyway.

Nizoral Shampoo for Hair Loss - Review - ProgressiveHealth.com - variety of studies on keto shampoo

https://www.realself.com/question/georgetown-nizoral-shampoo-hairloss

"A 21 month study compared the use of topical minoxidil to ketoconazole 2 % shampoo. Study participants received the 2 % shampoo or an unmedicated shampoo with or without minoxidil 2 %. Interestingly, hair density and follicle size improvements were similar with both ketoconazole and minoxidil regimens."

Dr. Arocha discussing Nizoral as a synergistic treatment for hairloss 2:35:

* Following a single application of ketoconazole shampoo, ketoconazole persists at therapeutic concentrations for 7 days in the epidermal layers. In addition, substantial pityrosporal inhibitory doses of ketoconazole were detected on the hair for several days after use of the shampoo, the mean level at 72 h was 11.6 µ mg.

Reference: Pierard GE, Arrese JE, Pierard-Franchimont C, et al: Prolonged effects of antidandruff shampoos-time to recurrence of Malassezia ovalis colonization of skin. International Journal of Cosmetic Science. 1997;19:111-117

"March 04, 2001 - American Academy of Dermatology Meeting - Washington DC - Scientists working for McNeil, makers of Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo, presented the findings of a study done on 1% Nizoral shampoo which has good news for hair loss sufferers. It has long been known that 2% prescription Nizoral has beneficial effects on Androgenic Alopecia (MPB). It however has been unclear whether the same benefits can be obtained by using the non-prescription 1% version.

In the study presented (see below), one hundred male volunteers with mild to moderate dandruff and somewhat oily scalp, were using, in a double-blind fashion, either a 1% Nizoral shampoo or a 1% zinc pyrithione shampoo, 2-3 times a week for 6 months.

Analysis of the different parameters set up in the study shows that the hair diameter gradually increased with Nizoral use (+8.46%) over a 6 month period, whereas the diameter showed a trend to decrease with zinc pyrithione use over the same period (-2.28%). The sebum excretion rate was reduced with Nizoral (-6.54%) while it increased with zinc pyrithione (+8.2%) over the same period of time. The number of hair shed over a 24-hour period was reduced by 16.46% with Nizoral and 6.02% with zinc pyrithione after 6 months. Finally, the percentage hairs in anagen phase increased by 6.4% and 8.4% respectively during the study time. "

Plenty of highly regarded American (highly regulated) doctors who do transplants on young men including Glenn Charles who has done transplants on those as young as 18 and Dr. McGrath who did a surgery on a sixteen year old.

Disregard these facts if you like, but you're the one who comes across like an idiot. The evidence is in front of you. Stop thinking with your emotions, and look at the facts. I really feel sorry for you when reading that post. It isn't prescribed as a standalone hairloss treatment, but an effective one to be used concurrently with fin or minox with evidence to back it up.

I know its hard when you are proven wrong by a 22 year old, but that's life. Look at the facts or don't. Your choice.

• Like 1

I could sit here and post videos and links all day arguing my point aswell but im not going to, what makes me laugh is the Drs who your producing you didnt even go to you had it done on the cheap in turkey by an unkown DR

22 with a unpredictable hair loss pattern your in for a hard time lots of surgerys and loads of money just to recapture 30% of your density, not to mention the permanent shock loss your going to encounter, you will forever be playing catch up.

What if you go to a full norwood 7 you wont even have enough donor to cover the top of your head, not to mention your previously transplanted hairs aging and becoming thinner, its not a good look for you

HT on young patients dont do well at all google wayne rooney 25 when he had hes looks terrible now, where as on older people with fully established hair loss they seem to do really well, you should of came here before instead of registering after and going into panic mode you would of got some proper advice.

im 32 and i have been on propecia for 12 years and just started avodart, you probably wasnt even born when propecia was approved for hairloss, i probably still have more hair than you and i havnt even had surgery, you have gone about things totally the wrong way, you should of been on propecia till at least 30 but you have jumped the gun and made in my opinion a fatal mistake with your hair

lets leave it at that shall we

also nizoral is NOT APPROVED as a hair loss shampoo by any organisation were leave that there aswell

I could sit here and post videos and links all day arguing my point aswell but im not going to, what makes me laugh is the Drs who your producing you didnt even go to you had it done on the cheap in turkey by an unkown DR

22 with a unpredictable hair loss pattern your in for a hard time lots of surgerys and loads of money just to recapture 30% of your density, not to mention the permanent shock loss your going to encounter, you will forever be playing catch up.

What if you go to a full norwood 7 you wont even have enough donor to cover the top of your head, not to mention your previously transplanted hairs aging and becoming thinner, its not a good look for you

HT on young patients dont do well at all google wayne rooney 25 when he had hes looks terrible now, where as on older people with fully established hair loss they seem to do really well, you should of came here before instead of registering after and going into panic mode you would of got some proper advice.

im 32 and i have been on propecia for 12 years and just started avodart, you probably wasnt even born when propecia was approved for hairloss, i probably still have more hair than you and i havnt even had surgery, you have gone about things totally the wrong way, you should of been on propecia till at least 30 but you have jumped the gun and made in my opinion a fatal mistake with your hair

lets leave it at that shall we

also nizoral is NOT APPROVED as a hair loss shampoo by any organisation were leave that there aswell

Reality doesn't cease to exist simply because the FDA hasn't approved it so. Dutasteride isn't FDA approved for hairloss, but only an idiot would say it doesn't work for hairloss. Maybe you should get off avodart because it isn't approved?

And no, I did not go to an unknown doctor, I went to the Vice-president of the world FUE institute and the person who was responsible for teaching Hasson and Wong FUE techniques. Also he is recommended on this site.

I mean you don't even know the difference between "you're" and "your" and you're lecturing me on life decisions. Age has little to do with intelligence, and our argument here is proof of that. I've provided facts, you simply get emotional and insult.

I always have the opportunity to get a hair system no matter my age; I only live my twenties ONCE, and i'd like to live it with hair. End of story.

• Like 1

Wrong again my friend, here in Japan dutasteride is approved for hairloss and in my country your is short hand for you're are you going to go down the typo mistake route on grammar now because you have lost this debate? You act every bit your 22 tender years

Wrong again my friend, here in Japan dutasteride is approved for hairloss and in my country your is short hand for you're are you going to go down the typo mistake route on grammar now because you have lost this debate? You act every bit your 22 tender years

I provided you with evidence such as the word of site recommended doctors and various studies including those in the past five years. You then state that you "could" provide your own evidence but don't.

You can't provide evidence for your argument, you then claim the FDA hasn't approved Nizoral for hairloss, therefore it cannot be used for hairloss. I say neither has dutasteride, and you now move the goalposts and start talking about a different approval agencies deduction on the matter.

You also accused me of going to a no-name Turkish chop shop and an unethical doctor, despite it being a site recommended doctor and the vice president of the World FUE Institute.

I am trying to HELP you by providing studies and evidence that nizoral is regarded by the medical science and hair transplant doctor community as an effective synergistic treatment for androgenic alopecia and ketoconazole is an anti-androgen. YOU are the one who wants to ignore the studies, and will therefore lose your hair more quickly. All because you don't want to admit you are wrong. Grow up.

• Like 1

Jeanluc, if it worked as well as you said believe then people on the big three should not require ht and should be able to keep and or even regrow their hair. Truth is even as an anti androgen, nizoral is a very weak one. I personally believe that it may help those with scalp conditions by improving psoriasis int he scalp.

As for the studies, wasn't the first one ever done, done by the company that made nizoral? Anyways, the active ingredient in nizoral is not good news anyways.

Jeanluc, if it worked as well as you said believe then people on the big three should not require ht and should be able to keep and or even regrow their hair. Truth is even as an anti androgen, nizoral is a very weak one. I personally believe that it may help those with scalp conditions by improving psoriasis int he scalp.

As for the studies, wasn't the first one ever done, done by the company that made nizoral? Anyways, the active ingredient in nizoral is not good news anyways.

I agree that nizoral is a weak anti-androgen, however it is an anti-androgen proven to have small synergistic effects with minoxidil and propecia.

Not sure which study you mean but there are at least twenty that range from concluding anti-androgenic qualities, the time it has these effects on the scalp, and its effect on hairloss. Importantly, it continues to be effective in the scalp for over 7 days so keeping it to 2 days per week seems logical. It most certainly goes further than aiding with scalp conditions, it is a scientifically proven anti-androgen.

I'm not arguing its some sort of magical cure, but for a 5-15% improvement when you're already on fin why wouldn't you take it? The science is fairly clear on it through studies over the past twenty years.

I appreciate some have serious issues with scalp flaking on overuse, but the science says it would be effective once per week. Most people can handle it and it's a cheap way to get a small anti-androgen boost. Just beware potential sheds if you come off it. Can always use Regenepure Dr with 1% keto which is sulfate free if you are more sensitive to it.

The sheds don't happen from coming off it , the sheds happen from continued use of it, it will dry the scalp and hair shaft out causing premature shedding, it's a shampoo for a medical condition of the scalp it has very harsh ingredients, you continue using it anyway because your doing so well from it

Btw JeanLuc I've seen your posts on other forums encouraging people to go to turkey for a HT so why are you even on this forum we don't support surgeons in fue factory's are you a salesman?

The sheds don't happen from coming off it , the sheds happen from continued use of it, it will dry the scalp and hair shaft out causing premature shedding, it's a shampoo for a medical condition of the scalp it has very harsh ingredients, you continue using it anyway because your doing so well from it

Btw JeanLuc I've seen your posts on other forums encouraging people to go to turkey for a HT so why are you even on this forum we don't support surgeons in fue factory's are you a salesman?

When in the world did I support anyone going to a Turkish chop shop? The doctors I would personally go to in Turkey are Erdogan (who I did go to and is recommended here) and Keser, who does the entire procedure himself slowly over a series of days and only one patient at a time. Both utilise a manual punch.

Saying that consistent use of keto shampoo causes sheds is inconsistent with the medical literature over the past two decades and the scientific face that ketoconazole is an anti-androgen. You must be an outlier.

I think jeanluc is dilusional personally let me quote you from another forum

"2.5mg Dutasteride reduces serum DHT by almost 100%. You can further reduce scalp DHT with azelaic acid and topical finasteride. It is impossible to lose hair on 2.5mg Dutasteride in conjunction with topical finasteride, unless your hairloss is not related to androgenic alopecia."

Sounds like you putting the whole works on your head no wonder your bald at 22

Your also extremely rude and insulting to people, people can judge your persona for themself have a read of how warped this guy is.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/26167-So-that-is-the-dead-end%21/page1

I'm not putting that on my head and wasn't recommending anyone else should. I was simply making a point. You brought up nizoral, I showed studies showing its positive effects for androgenic alopecia and as an anti-androgen and now you are insulting me and making things up like I told people to go to Turkish chop shops.

Relax.

JeanLuc said "Turkey is among the most popular destination for hair transplantation since the quality of the result is satisfactory and the prices are affordable. I made my hair transplant with only 1900 euros with hotel and internal transportation. I really enjoyed the city too.

You can check this clinic and if u fill their form online they will call you immediately and give you all the details https://mcanhealth.com/en/hair-transplant-turkey

Don't listen to Amro he's a shill for this dodgy, pathetic company. They steal before and after pictures from Hasson and Young and pretend they did them."

Wow 1900 euro yeh you deffo went to a recommended surgeon lol

Yeh I'm really making it up aren't I now who's the lyer here is the link people

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-26114.html

JeanLuc said "Turkey is among the most popular destination for hair transplantation since the quality of the result is satisfactory and the prices are affordable. I made my hair transplant with only 1900 euros with hotel and internal transportation. I really enjoyed the city too.

You can check this clinic and if u fill their form online they will call you immediately and give you all the details https://mcanhealth.com/en/hair-transplant-turkey

Don't listen to Amro he's a shill for this dodgy, pathetic company. They steal before and after pictures from Hasson and Young and pretend they did them."

Wow 1900 euro yeh you deffo went to a recommended surgeon lol

Yeh I'm really making it up aren't I now who's the lyer here is the link people

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-26114.html

Pathetic. Look at the link again you fool:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/26114-Help-and-suggestions-needed.

I was QUOTING him and said "Don't listen to Amro he's a shill for this dodgy, pathetic company. They steal before and after pictures from Hasson and Wong and pretend they did them."

How pathetic do you have to be to make things up and lie about what I said on a hairloss forum? Look again yourself if you're confused.

I think this debate is over for you now, PROOF your a sales man. PROOF Your telling people to go to a fue factory in turkey

As MR T would say in the situation I know a fool when I see one and JeanLuc you are a FOOL