1,303 FUT - Hairline by Dr. Gabel - 6 Months

So I hit the 6-Month mark about 2 weeks ago, but couldn't get to a computer to upload due to work and travel until now... Anyhow, here's about what I'm looking like right now. First pics are merciless bright-light pictures to show true density (I do plan to get a second pass-over with FUE to fill in some more density, just like last time). In normal non-haggard lighting it looks quite passable, and I've even had complements on it, so looking good overall despite the first-time-pass level density upon close inspection!

[Previous thread here]

6-Months-Left-1.thumb.jpg.5edbb95bd713f50648a1a9a36a62a46e.jpg

6-Months-Front.thumb.jpg.63e920560471e53f24edb78e37353432.jpg

6-Months-Right-1.thumb.jpg.a9e4326104a7501466da324271d2b4e8.jpg

6-Months-Left-2.thumb.jpg.4c3087cbe38843aee90421957e0ac509.jpg

6-Months-Right-2.thumb.jpg.3ee6e98bdd5fa3fb1a81ceb3ba1e2614.jpg

GoldenGate1.thumb.jpg.7c61acc86167872f944422c8be84fa96.jpg

Looking good.

Except, I assume that you have seen the new Bill Nye show on Netflix? It's, well...bad.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looking good.

Except, I assume that you have seen the new Bill Nye show on Netflix? It's, well...bad.

I've not seen it myself, but I heard it's full of political social justice BS... Ugh. Dammit Bill. Stick with reverence for science, not championing moronic ephemeral causes in a feeble attempt to placate the mindless hordes of whining, insipid braindead post-millennial idiots who have no experience or grasp of how the real world works. :(

Hopefully he learns, and things go back to normal in that arena at least.

Again, to be fair though, I haven't seen it myself so maybe I should just reserve judgment for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks hdude; looking back now, I'm really pretty floored by it myself!

And I don't currently have a pic of my scar area; I will try and get on up soon in this thread - however, it's not as great as it used to be for sure. I mean it's not horrendous, or even "bad" by the typical FUT standards and not the kind of situation that would require what we call "scar repair" work. It's just that three procedures extracting donor strips from the same area have left it wider than I'd like it ultimately be when I'm done with all this, which is just an inevitable side-effect of multiple consecutive strip extractions from one concentrated place.

Dr. Gabel warned me that after this session I might want to do a scar revision, so this is no surprise. Since I was already privy that one pass isn't really ever enough to make a dense frontal hairline anyway, I fully expected to go back for one more procedure in order to reinforce my newly advanced areas of hairline (on either side of the frontal peak) and to throw a couple hundred at the crown and mid-scalp area. I've wanted to have a go at FUE for a while now anyway, so I plan on doing this procedure with FUE - which will allow me to do a scar revision at the same time and reduce my scar to its original thinness, before finally doing a small FUE session of 200-300 grafts (about a year and a half to two years later, once that scar is completely matured) to fill in the thinned scar for good. I don't know though, if it ends up healing well I might just fill it in this time. We'll see.

Haha no no, don't worry - I'm not going to jump on it again anytime real soon. Not until about the one to one-and-a-half year mark, after it all matures a bit more. Hopefully I do get some more refined density, but I know from experience that one pass is just not enough density for a truly convincing hairline. Plus I do eventually need to fill in my mid-scalp and crown area. So yeah. Not unplanned for. I'm optimistic but realistic :)

• 1 month later...