Dr Rahal FUE Patient - 2564 Grafts

This 46-year-old patient came to Dr Rahal with the desire to restore his hairline and frontal zone. He was a 3 on the Norwood scale.

Dr Rahal designed a hairline to suit the patient's expectations of filling in the receding area; and for this 2564 grafts were transplanted using the FUE method. The density at 36 grafts per cm was average - due to donor limitations, size of the recipient area and to leave grafts in reserve for future requirements.

Surgery Type - FUE

Recipient Area Treated - 72cm

Total Grafts - 2564

Total Hairs - 5431

Recipient Graft Density - 35.6 grafts/cm

Recipient Hair Density - 75.4 hairs/cm

Graft Breakdown:

Single Hairs - 560 grafts

Two Hairs - 1200 grafts

Three Hairs - 749 grafts

Four Hairs - 56 grafts

Average Hairs Per Graft - 2.12

Pre-op:

IMG_9534.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9672.jpg

IMG_9690.jpg

IMG_9688.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

Graft Placement:

IMG_0186.jpg

Final Result:

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Wow! You could never tell he has had a HT

Guy must have nice caliber, because they took 2500 grafts a long way.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This is why I cringe when I see the 3500-4000 graft FUT cases over the same area lately. Obviously this guy has fantastic hair texture and calibre but clearly there's a point of diminishing returns with cramming huge numbers of grafts. Did propecia contribute to the result at all?

A shot with the hairline pulled up would be nice though.

This is why I cringe when I see the 3500-4000 graft FUT cases over the same area lately. Obviously this guy has fantastic hair texture and calibre but clearly there's a point of diminishing returns with cramming huge numbers of grafts. Did propecia contribute to the result at all?

I agree and disagree. For this guy, 2500gr works because he appears to have some seriously thick hair. Horse hair, haha

Me? My entire head is like one giant wispy hairball, lol. So I've needed 4000gr in my frontal third. Wasteful? -- no, because I'm 42yo and on meds. 2500gr for ME would have made my bald areas just look like very diffuse areas unfortunately

It just depends on so many factors, specific to each patient. In my opinion anyway :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2017 at 1:19 PM, JeanLDD said:

I am seeing so many really good HT's using what seems to be smaller amounts of grafts than usual. Maybe the doctors are just getting better? Another 9 months till my HT, fill my head up with 1000 grafts by then lol

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update.