Advice needed - 2nd procedure

Hi, urgently needed advice.

Can I have my second procedure 10 months after first procedure? This is my only opportunity to have time off work for a long time.

My crown is still very weak and will certainly need at least 1000 more grafts into it to make it full.

I am 9 months post op after 4500 graft FUT procedure.

I am fairly certain all hair that is to grow has grown but just waiting on it all to fully mature

I have time off next month when I will be 10 months post op.

I want to FUE for my second procedure because my scalp is so tight and I was in a lot of pain for months after my first FUT procedure due to donor tightness. I want 300-500 grafts in front, 1000 in crown and approx 300 into scar.

I am fairly certain with good growth this will be my last procedure.

Hey Jdog,

If you think most of your grafts are grown out already and you are pretty sure on which areas to address, I would say you should be good to go after 10 months.

I had a second FUT 10 months after a very successful first. I was told that strip harvested was smaller than expected due to concerns about scalp laxity. I regretted not waiting longer between procedures and suspect I might not have needed a third procedure (600 graft FUE to finish filling in crown) had I waited a little longer, and allowed scalp to regain some laxity. Not sure there's any really good data on what exactly the best timing is between FUT's but logic would dictate that the longer you wait, the better. For what it's worth,at the time of my FUE (14 months after second FUT) Dr Harris felt that my scalp laxity was good.

By the way, you mention post FUT discomfort. I agree, having undergone various FUT's I can tell you that the FUE recovery was nothing.I di not want another FUT BTW:Dr. Harris does non-shave FUE for small graft numbers. That made all the difference for me as bit donor and recipient sites were immediately easy to conceal for me.

JMHO

If you wish to have more strip then ten months is acceptable but you would do well to wait longer and perform laxity exercises. If you were told by your surgeon that you only need 1000 more grafts laxity may not be an issue especially if your first procedure was the only one you've had so far. Of course, with FUE laxity is not an issue so if that is what you are considering for your second procedure then ten months is fine.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation