Does sex affect to hair loss?

Sorry for the silly question, but does sex affect someway to hair loss?We know that during sex the man produces a lot of testosterone, so does it mean if we have sex often, more hair loss?

Lyubo93,

No, sex, masturbation or anything of a sexual nature (with the exception of excessive hair pulling which some people enjoy during sex) can cause hair loss. Remember also that testosterone itself doesn't cause hair loss. DHT, a combination of testosterone and 5-alpha-reductase enzymes do. And DHT only affects hair follicles that are genetically disposed to it. That's why hair on the sides and back of the head are safe, they are immune to the effects of DHT.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

Yeah, but during sex, the body produces testosterone, which transformed into DHT.If you don't have sex or masturbate, less testosterone, less DHT.

I have to agree, bottom line sexual act itself doesn't cause hair loss, but hormonal exchanges and conversions do.

People who are hyper-sexual and masturbate more get hair loss of their follicles are DHT sensitive.

No, sex doesn't cause hair loss, this is a myth in line with mastrubation hurting your eye sight. It's a fiction.

World would be blind and bald if this were true, take heart.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

People who are hyper-sexual and masturbate more get hair loss of their follicles (that) are DHT sensitive.

My life long study of this phenomenon has produced no conclusive results.

Research continues...

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Where have you learned that testosterone levels increase during sexual intercourse? This is not true.

Abstinence from ejaculation actually seems to somewhat increase testosterone levels after a few weeks, but this is understudied.

Either way, whether you have sex often or don't have sex at all. You have nothing to worry about.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com