FUE 2, 1070 Grafts by Dr. Diep

Hello all,

This was my 2nd procedure for FUE, the first one was done by Dr. Bhatti in India on Dec 2, 2013. The procedure came out very nice and to read up on that just click the following link http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173149-1169-fue-hairline-transplant-dr-bhatti-12-2-13-a.html.

I elected to have the 2nd procedure to clean up my hair line and fill in some patches that had thinned behind the hair line so I can do different hair styles without exposing thinned out area. Realistically, I could prob go another year or two before people would even notice anything but I'm entering the stage of my life where I'll be settling down soon and want to look good in the million of pics snapped to commemorate the occasion.

I chose Dr. Diep because he has a great reputation and his hairlines are the best in the business. He's also a very cool down to earth guy once you get to know him and he's willing to help in anyway he can (gave me a ton of advice on online marketing for my business). His clinic is very clean and his assistants are very focused on their job.

Cost wise, he's probably one of the more expensive surgeons when it comes to HT. Part of that is the fact that his clinic is located in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the country. Expect to pay 4x more than you would overseas. Plus you gotta pay for quality.

He noted that the punch size of the holes at the donor site for my original FUE were too big and as a result the donor site has visible punch marks that also probably damaged surrounding follicles.

But anyways, enough about me and the procedure, you're all here for the pics...

FUE13.5years.jpg.bf991eb61ed11e300771adf5ff59ad4e.jpg

FUE2Pre-Op.jpg.3bddc568f171ee41b297d67c50df7739.jpg

FUE21day.jpg.d3fd64c5236db402f212e0b0af7f3a3a.jpg

Interesting about the doctors statements on your previous work. There has been a few claims to unevenness in the hairline or gaps.

Good to know that you liked Dr.Dieps bedside manner. There has been previous posters saying it wasn't great but their results were great.

Looks like this will fill in nicely for you.

Mr. Prime209,

Congratulations on your newest FUE procedure. I noted the opinion of Dr. Diep that you shared regarding the extractions from your procedure with me. It is documented that your punch size was .85mm and was not "too big" for your case. In fact, I do not own punches larger than .85mm as that is the largest I order from my supplier and there is never a need for a punch that is larger than this. I hope this puts any concerns to rest.

I wish you the speediest of growth and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

• 2 weeks later...

2 week update. Starting to shed, a lot of crust and scabbing coming off with the shedding hair as I gently massage the recipient area. According to the post op instructions I should have started to do this using a cue tip at the 8 day mark but didn't have time so I'm starting it 15 days mark.

FUE2.2weeks2small.thumb.jpg.bb997eda465379e7a9901ff0eb733738.jpg

FUE2.2weekssmall.jpg.9e87f2ba0137a464c030c3859747f3d1.jpg

I don't see fin use on your profile. I understand reservation in taking it but I would note that you are patterned as a norwood 5. This is a little concerning to me as you're still.focusing on hairline. My advice is to reconsider finasteride and make sure you have a master plan for frontal third to 1/2 in the future.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 months later...
I don't see fin use on your profile. I understand reservation in taking it but I would note that you are patterned as a norwood 5. This is a little concerning to me as you're still.focusing on hairline. My advice is to reconsider finasteride and make sure you have a master plan for frontal third to 1/2 in the future.

Good observation. I noticed this as well.

Prine209,

Though it is still early in terms of expecting to see any new growth from your second hair transplant procedure, we'd like to know how you are doing and how you were healing. We encourage you to come back and give us an update and then post monthly pictures so we can follow your progress.

I hope things are healing well and that you start to see new growth soon.

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...