Worst decision of my life- 1700 FUE with Resul Yaman

I'm so upset at how this turned out. The results are so sparse, I can't believe how actually bad this is. The areas worked on were just the temples.

Like everyone else attracted to foreign surgeons, I was attracted by the price, and the the decent results that was shown here which apparently makes this clinic recommended.

During the operation the technicians that operated on me acted like it was a social gathering. They were laughing hysterically, and focused on each other. The surgery wasn't their main concern. They were the ones that implanted the grafts, and they acted as if they didn't care while they were operating.

I've developed body dysphoria, or some sort of mental obsession towards the results, I've spent hours most of my days just staring at the area, and counting hairs over and over. It's making me go insane. I can't stop, I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like complete trash, and can't reverse or afford to fix this.

1.png.23fd469f4122bafe66fa1fbedb45be61.png

2.png.096b9990d26178a9efc0e59a99f17ed2.png

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I had surgery with Dr. Yaman in Feb and so far so good.

I do agree with you slightly about the techs though, I had several throughout my procedure and experience the same casual attitudes, laughing, joking etc... which doesn't make you feel at ease.

However, a lot of people have had good results with this doctor and although it doesn't appear to have worked out for you it does for others.

How was your healing process?

When was your treatment?

And most importantly...

What have the clinic said?!

I got a contracted letter with all my info after which said the surgery / Dr is liable if less than 30% of the grafts don't grow to maturity?

This is insane. Has the dr offered anything to rectify the situation? Did he use motor to extract or manual punch. Did he work on extractions or his techs extracted? It is key info for viewers of forums to know.

I can feel your pain. No one wants it to look sparse. Reason we get restoration is to havd a natural look and not a sparse look. Any good doctor would at least try to rectify his or her work.

Im familiar with this territory and hoping for the best. Hope things turn out well for you. Keep us posted.

I'm so upset at how this turned out. The results are so sparse, I can't believe how actually bad this is. The areas worked on were just the temples.

Like everyone else attracted to foreign surgeons, I was attracted by the price, and the the decent results that was shown here which apparently makes this clinic recommended.

During the operation the technicians that operated on me acted like it was a social gathering. They were laughing hysterically, and focused on each other. The surgery wasn't their main concern. They were the ones that implanted the grafts, and they acted as if they didn't care while they were operating.

I've developed body dysphoria, or some sort of mental obsession towards the results, I've spent hours most of my days just staring at the area, and counting hairs over and over. It's making me go insane. I can't stop, I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like complete trash, and can't reverse or afford to fix this.

Sorry to hear that man. I think its about time people reEvaluate the recommendation for this Dr. Not a single successful result was posted from the community here. All the results posted by the clinic are unrealistic compared to the poor results we all got.

Sorry to hear that man. I think its about time people reEvaluate the recommendation for this Dr. Not a single successful result was posted from the community here. All the results posted by the clinic are unrealistic compared to the poor results we all got.

There's actually numerous good reviews by patients (including myself albeit early in the overall stages).

This doesn't look abnormal, or out of place. You actually appear to have quite thick hair, with slight recession. I'm at nearly months post op and panicking about density. This is either down to poor yield, or hair has still to come.

You pay your money and take your chance...

When you had a ht?

12 months

What was your surgery date?

Last year June 3rd

how long post op are you?

12 months

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I had surgery with Dr. Yaman in Feb and so far so good.

I do agree with you slightly about the techs though, I had several throughout my procedure and experience the same casual attitudes, laughing, joking etc... which doesn't make you feel at ease.

However, a lot of people have had good results with this doctor and although it doesn't appear to have worked out for you it does for others.

How was your healing process? When was your treatment?

And most importantly...

What have the clinic said?!

I got a contracted letter with all my info after which said the surgery / Dr is liable if less than 30% of the grafts don't grow to maturity?

Post op healing, and care was typical.

After several times of contacting them they responded with:

"Our clinic will take its responsibilities. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do."

I had my surgery with dr yaman and I'm over the moon tht I did my result has changed my life . With all surgeries they are risks associated for me personally dr yaman and the clinic staff have been great and fikret the rep has always supported me throughout my journey they are an ethical clinic who put patients first

I agree that his result appears to be unacceptable. However, as has been stated here by others, Dr. Yaman is most certainly worthy of recommendation by our community and regularly produces excellent results. Thought it's never easy when you're the one affected, sometimes hair transplants produce poor results and it's not clear why.

I see that the clinic did respond positively and offered to stand behind their work. Did you proceed with discussing a resolution with them?

I have contacted Dr. Yaman and notified him of this thread. I have also requested that he respond to this thread and contact you privately regarding your concerns.

Please keep us posted on any developments. Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I agree that his result appears to be unacceptable. However, as has been stated here by others, Dr. Yaman is most certainly worthy of recommendation by our community and regularly produces excellent results. Thought it's never easy when you're the one affected, sometimes hair transplants produce poor results and it's not clear why.

I see that the clinic did respond positively and offered to stand behind their work. Did you proceed with discussing a resolution with them?

I have contacted Dr. Yaman and notified him of this thread. I have also requested that he respond to this thread and contact you privately regarding your concerns.

Please keep us posted on any developments. Best of luck!

good job david :)

Guys,

I agree with David. Based on the photos, I agree that doesn't appear to be an acceptable result but Dr. Yaman does have many satisfied patients on this forum. Also, while social banter during surgery between technicians may not make the patient feel at ease, it doesn't mean they can't do their job adequately. That said, I do think doctors/technicians need to understand that putting the patient's mind at ease during a procedure should be top priority and while I don't think there's anything wrong with a little conversation amongst the technicians (which may or may not include the patient), it shouldn't sound or feel like a party is going on above your scalp during surgery.

I know David has contacted Dr. Yaman but I'm going to email him again since we have not yet heard back. It's possible that the original email went into his spam or junk mail folder so we need to make sure he is aware of these concerns.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Forum Members,

We are very sorry for this unexpected disappointing result of our patient. We told him that we were going to take the all the responsability to make him understand that we care about our patient. We are going to refund his money. Even if this kinds of results are exceptions for our clinic we are doing our best to minimize this possibility.

Kind Regards.

Dr. Yaman

That is good to hear. Few docs even admit when they refund a patient and to own up to it and provide an explanation versus a gag order of what some other docs may do, seems like a really good way to handle the situation. Very big on the doc to come forward and provide a resolution for the patient. Good job. Hope both parties can move forward after all this.

I hate to say this but - while I highly admire the Dr's response - I feel like as someone who wants to get a transplant with this clinic, the response leaves me with more questions and concerns. Is Dr. Yaman basically admitting that he is at fault and that this transplant in particular was done poorly? In that case, you have to appreciate the integrity and the forthrightness but wonder whether you'd want to risk using them. Or... Is the Dr. assuming the responsibility even though the "unsatisfactory" result may have been due to the patient's physiology? And in this case, you'd have to tip your hat to them and respect that they care about their patients.

I hate to say this but - while I highly admire the Dr's response - I feel like as someone who wants to get a transplant with this clinic, the response leaves me with more questions and concerns. Is Dr. Yaman basically admitting that he is at fault and that this transplant in particular was done poorly? In that case, you have to appreciate the integrity and the forthrightness but wonder whether you'd want to risk using them. Or... Is the Dr. assuming the responsibility even though the "unsatisfactory" result may have been due to the patient's physiology? And in this case, you'd have to tip your hat to them and respect that they care about their patients.

Unfortunately if that's the way you see it ,a Doctor is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't .All Doctor Yaman has done is accept for what ever reason the grafts didn't take

and has in my opinion has done the right thing , Since I have been on this site I have seen below par results from both FUT/FUE transplants ,and some of the recommended Docs haven't made it as easy for the patient as Dr Yaman has , bottom line for whatever reason some below par results happen it's how the clinic deal with it is what interests me ,of course if a Doctor is producing below par results on a regular basis that's a different story.