Sides

Spanker

So I started fin and I wanted to discuss my sides.

When I got up last night to use the bathroom, I stubbed my toe. Without a doubt this happened because of fin. No one just gets up and stubs their toe, at least, I never did before fin. In addition, last week I was hungry, and I ate 3 pizzas. I gained some weight and I don't work out. My tits are due to the 16 hours that I have taken finasteride.

Additionally, I am fairly certain that I have ebola, which was not an issue before finasteride.

In addition to fin, I believe that minoxidil has given me anal bleeding, hearing loss, and syphilis.

I am a 22 year old developing a NW6 pattern and am most worried about my hairline and would like to transplant that as aggressively as possible plus drop 3k grafts in my crown. I am also stopping fin due to the toe stubbing, weight gain, and ebola, and I read on a website that someone that was taking Min had anal bleeding and hearing loss too, so that has to go. I have not connected the syphilis to Minox through other sources, but I am sure that it is the source.

I am not worried about the future because by the time I am 30 I won't care.

(this is a joke people, but the point is, I see a lot of ridiculous posts of people freaking out about fin sides....remember that everything isn't perfect for people that are on it, and adding ridiculous unfounded claims against these meds do not help people take real potential sides serously.)

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Oh my god. Amazing, hilarious, and your point is very well made. Coming from someone who has had a history of self diagnosing himself with various ailments over the years and reading way too much into the most mundane "symptoms" (not related to Fin, mind you - just health anxiety in general), I can totally relate to this. In fact, having made a lot of progress in this department over the past 5 years or so is part of the reason I was able to start taking Finasteride without freaking out about any perceived changes in my body.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56