MHRA UK - 'Finasteride: reports of depression and suicide'

Mark2010

I know what it's like to have no response. I have posted for last month with no feedback. I've been on propecia for over 2 years and have had no relation to this article. Just my experience.

No Americans can relate to soccer fans.:P

Just kidding.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

wow not a single reply , I have been saying this from atleast 5 years , but somehow guys seem to ignore !

Probably because that is the weakest article I have here seen, and 10 year old could have written it. No statistics, no double blind placebo study on suicide, no study of depression in balding me who seek treatment that are not propecia, etc.

Bring something with some meat and someone may bite.

The poster has a provocative avatar that shows he is probably not up for much debate on the subject, I don't why anyone would think that there would be a lot of responses except for those that agree. Also, this was just posted today.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

But spanker Look at the source that put the report its from the British Government , surely that Adds a lot of Credibility . It was not written by the Original poster , if you click the Link you will know its from the UK Government site update !

I agree with Spanker. I have lost 3 people in my family. 2 uncles who committed suicide after lengthly fights with severe depression. And 1 aunt, again with severe depression. All 3 were on anti-depressant meds and not on fin! This Mark guy who posts garbage like this should show empathy when posting such links.

But spanker Look at the source that put the report its from the British Government , surely that Adds a lot of Credibility . It was not written by the Original poster , if you click the Link you will know its from the UK Government site update !

Hahaha, sorry man, but do you really think that govt sites add credibility? I mean, did you click on that? Like I said, a 10 year old could have written that weak abstract, it's not even a study. I think the UK .gov site looses credibility for thinking that this is a acceptable or science driven article worthy of being published. F- for not backing up claims.

View Spanker's Website

I agree with Spanker. I have lost 3 people in my family. 2 uncles who committed suicide after lengthly fights with severe depression. And 1 aunt, again with severe depression. All 3 were on anti-depressant meds and not on fin! This Mark guy who posts garbage like this should show empathy when posting such links.

Who says I don't have empathy ?

This Finasteride poison drove me to the brink of suicide and made me experience depression that I never felt in my entire life.

People have a right to know how dangerous this drug can be.

If I had known about the full list of side effects (which can last forever) I never would of taking it.

Who says I don't have empathy ?

This Finasteride poison drove me to the brink of suicide and made me experience depression that I never felt in my entire life.

People have a right to know how dangerous this drug can be.

If I had known about the full list of side effects (which can last forever) I never would of taking it.

I would never wish to denigrate the difficulties you've suffered, but as I am so often minded to remember when reading such anecdotes; correlation does not equal causation.

Personally, I feel that some people may be depressed over either losing their hair and/or having a bad transplant that is noticeable and not natural looking and they happen to be taking finasteride and they blame their depression on the drug when in reality they are depressed over their hair situation. I'm not saying this is true for everyone but I believe it is often the case.

Personally, I feel that some people may be depressed over either losing their hair and/or having a bad transplant that is noticeable and not natural looking and they happen to be taking finasteride and they blame their depression on the drug when in reality they are depressed over their hair situation. I'm not saying this is true for everyone but I believe it is often the case.

The depression Finasteride causes has nothing to do with hair loss.

Almost all the guys I know who became suicidal from Finasteride had full heads of hair.

Finasteride alters key neurosteroids in the brain which can lead to severe depression and suicidal ideation.

I've taken it for 16 years and I can tell you, suicide has never crossed my mind. I do get frustrated with my hair because it is not as dense as I would like it to be but that has not stopped me from enjoying and living life. I am close to the same place now as I was 16 years ago and without being on Fin, I would not be able to say that.

The MHRA article was written for UK health professionals, to inform them of some side effects to watch for. But I agree it should have more data, as "there are some reports it can lead to depression" is very vague in number, does some mean only 2-3 people have reported this or many. More detailed studies are needed to be more precise about the frequency and cause.