Dr Resul Yaman - 3550 Grafts - Feb 2017

Hi,

I had FUE with Dr. Yaman back in Feb 2017.

3550 Grafts

710 Single

1950 Double

890 Multiple

Overall I was pleased with the procedure.

Everything was explained well, nice hotel at the Divan Suites.

Fikret was a good contact to have.

The procedure was very long, the anasthesia injections hurt like hell!

Dr. Yaman performed incisions, techs did 80% of extractions and implants, Dr. did 20%.

I feel as though they slightly over harvested my left hand side donor, as took much longer to recover, and also they worked on it a lot longer than the centre and right hand side.

** Please note I shaved my head down to grade 1 between 2 weeks post op and 2 months post op so the 3 month pics actually only show 1 month overall hair growth!

Pic's below, would welcome any feedback thus far.

HB.

5b32f3d296c14_BeforeOp.thumb.jpg.19a0f86e46e830376c5628ca4190bf57.jpg

5b32f3d2ab457_1DayAfter.thumb.jpg.ecec503fdf240c9b989d1edc7b5314ff.jpg

5b32f3d2c4de8_10DaysAfter.thumb.jpg.28c62d64793f663281149dffedc7691a.jpg

5b32f3d2d71dc_3Month.thumb.jpg.fb2b9dbf692fd107687ecba898451813.jpg

Some more pics of how it looks at 3 months.

Ugly duckling stage was long! Nothing happened until 2.5 months when I saw lots of new hairs sprouting, some light in colour, some dark. Even now there are a lot of tiny hairs just poking through.

Pics not the best as only on iPhone!

IMG_4759.thumb.jpg.f7f722984d41c5a14630121179ee8fe9.jpg

IMG_4760.thumb.jpg.a24ce478f1442f58d4a91cd9d76d360e.jpg

IMG_4765.thumb.jpg.e7520b0d1f0b6185745059166196e781.jpg

IMG_4761.thumb.jpg.39fa3d259ca20062dd4c4ae7c2d452f7.jpg

hjb1990,

I'd say if you're only 3 months that your hair is looking fantastic. I also wouldn't say that the ugly duckling stage was long because most people are still going through it at 3 months all the way into 5 and almost 6 months at time. Having such a nice look at only 3 months, I expect you'll be very happy a few months from now when everything is really growing, sprouting and thickening.

Please keep us posted.

Bill

It looks great! That's one the fastest growth rate I've seen in patient posted results. Glad you had a great experience with Dr. Yaman. Personally I would have elected to fill in my temples a bit more but that's just me. Your hairline fits you pretty well.

I'm looking into getting my hair transplant with him. How you describe the followup and after care that his clinic extended to you? I've read some complaints that it wasn't easy to communicate with him following the surgery.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really pleaseed but still hoping for more thickness in months to come.

To be honest I haven't really spoken to the clinic since. They haven't contacted me and I had no need to contact them but Fikret said I could always email him or message him on WatsApp.

I was advised to take Fin but me and my girlfriend want to try for a baby this year so I decided against it.

I've been using Minoxidil Foam twice a day.

Will post come more pics at months 5 to 6.

Edited by hjb1990

• 4 weeks later...

First time I've sat in a barbers chair in 5 years lol

Had a little trim yesterday just back and sides.

Still good progress on top, pictures attached show with small amount of dermatch used.

4.5 months post op.

That looks amazing for only 4.5 months. You are certainly an early grower. This will be a great result in the end

• Administrators
4.5 months

You don't happen to have any toppik on in these photos do you? Either way good stuff happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You don't happen to have any toppik on in these photos do you? Either way good stuff happy growing.

No, in the pics I have dermatch applied, but only a small amount.

I prefer it as stays on much better than the fibres. I have tried everything from GLH, Mane, Toppik, Dermatch etc...

I will try and get some better pictures tonight after showering with no product, but happy so far, just hope thickness improves over next 6 months and maybe I won't need any product.

:D

• 1 month later...

Exactly 6 months post op now.

Very impressed with the growth rate however still having to use product.

Please see pictures below which show my hair with no product in.

I guess what I'm hoping to hear is that I am still fairly early and it will thicken up?

My scalp is still very obvious and shows through the hair, when will this start to blend / thicken in?

Also my hair is quite frizzy, curly and dry. I've tried various shampoos but welcome and tips to make it smoother, softer and straighter?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

IMG_6646.thumb.jpg.4706102247d18c0abb43755860167ca2.jpg

IMG_6647.thumb.jpg.83528ecf23eec99a5f1dbe4daa596d74.jpg

IMG_6648.thumb.jpg.3bd16512c30f43453504296c1982d403.jpg

IMG_6649.thumb.jpg.ffdef0f2643267c68eda91e3801bc1ec.jpg

What a tremendous result!! Also in my opinion, the scalp isn't that obvious. Few people will be able to look directly down onto your scalp like the camera angle for your photo. Seeing that you're still at 6 months, you can still be very optimistic that your hair will thicken a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hjb1990.. I've just signed up, been reading posts on here for a while and have booked in with Dr Yaman later this year myself. Will start a thread to track my journey when the time comes to help others, as it's been a massive help for me.

Just wanted to say how impressive your results are looking from what I can see and have given me a lot of hope for my surgery as we look similar-ish in terms of hair loss etc.

I'll send you a private message and if you have the time would really appreciate any feedback / tips you can give me for my trip to see Dr Yaman.

Nice one mate.

Hi hjb1990.. I've just signed up, been reading posts on here for a while and have booked in with Dr Yaman later this year myself. Will start a thread to track my journey when the time comes to help others, as it's been a massive help for me.

Just wanted to say how impressive your results are looking from what I can see and have given me a lot of hope for my surgery as we look similar-ish in terms of hair loss etc.

I'll send you a private message and if you have the time would really appreciate any feedback / tips you can give me for my trip to see Dr Yaman.

Nice one mate.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Very happy at the 6 month stage and hopefully by 12 months it will be even better.

I'll do a proper review then.

• 2 weeks later...

Very happy at the 6 month stage and hopefully by 12 months it will be even better.

Thanks bro, really loving seeing the updates from you and another gent who used Dr Yaman this year on here. Massive help for people (like me) who are gearing up for their own treatment.

I've just sent you a private message, if you have time would massively appreciate any tips and advice you can give.

Nice one mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , hjb

Any update ? Could upload new pic please ? I have surgery booked with dr in September .. I have read so many bad review about dr resul but I want your opinion? Patient generally get good result in first 7-8 months , after that they start loose hair again .. is it correct in your case ??

Please advice

Been 7 months now and still going strong.

Cannot fault the results so far, just been on holiday for a week and used a minimal amount of Toppik on a few occasions but generally I felt totally confident going out without anything. Went to a water park and in the pool / sea and even when wet it wasn't that bad, although still a bit thin.

It's changed my life for the better and made me so much more confident. Just hope it keeps growing - and stays!!:D

Been 7 months now and still going strong.

Cannot fault the results so far, just been on holiday for a week and used a minimal amount of Toppik on a few occasions but generally I felt totally confident going out without anything. Went to a water park and in the pool / sea and even when wet it wasn't that bad, although still a bit thin.

It's changed my life for the better and made me so much more confident. Just hope it keeps growing - and stays!!:D

If possible could u please upload a recent pic without toppik ..

Thanks