Dr Lupanzula - FUE/FUT

Hello.

Does Dr. Lupanzula 1) have a good reputation in general 2) have a good reputation regarding hairlines specifically and 3) have good results with FUT? On his website, there are only FUE cases shown as far as I can tell despite him offering both procedures.

Thanks

Yes, I believe Dr. Lupanzula has a good reputation in general to answer your question.

However I did not think that he performed FUT procedures. I could be wrong and best to ask his office for clarification.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

He definitely does - he even mentions it on his site. In fact, I found 2 videos eventually on his website with them on but the overwhelming majority are FUE. I have a meeting in a few weeks with him (and others) which is why I doing as much research as I can about the FUT side of things as I had previously decided on FUE but am now open to either.

Hello TrixGlendevon,

Dr. Lupanzula started to reduce the number of FUT procedures he was performing around 2009 with the percentage of cases in 2011 being around 3% of all of his procedures. This is because of the following factors.

- Comfort of the patient,

- He does not want to be as dependent on technicians. He wishes to avoid having a large team of technicians as this allows him to have more direct involvement and oversight without having to rely on so many "moving parts". By reducing the number of chefs in the kitchen you retain greater control over efficiency and quality. He also believes this is his medical duty to give as much of himself as he can for every patient.

- The above also gives him more control.

- The demand from patients has also influenced this transition. FUE became very popular in Europe before it became popular in North America and FUE is just the way that patients wish to proceed.

- Obviously less trauma, less pain and quicker recovery for a shorter healing process overall.

- Fewer complaints about the donor zone.

- The patient can have a shorter haircuts and more styling freedom.

- His strip work was always good but his FUE work is just as good so there hasn't been any compromise for the final result.

We used to have many more results of Dr. Lupanzula's strip work online but as the years have progressed and the technology has shifted we did not feel it was right to have so many strip results on display with strip reduced to being a very rare event. There are a few results that remain but most of our results shared currently are FUE.

Dr. Lupanzula's approach is becoming less and less common in this field because he still performs all the extractions himself and he usually keeps his workload to one procedure per day. His use of manual punch extractions only for over ten years has allowed him to become very adept at this task.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

Hello.

Does Dr. Lupanzula 1) have a good reputation in general 2) have a good reputation regarding hairlines specifically and 3) have good results with FUT? On his website, there are only FUE cases shown as far as I can tell despite him offering both procedures.

Thanks

Hi Trix, he's very highly regarded for FUE (I'd recommend him, and his hairlines are good), but I wouldn't go to him for FUT. Why? Just kinda feels like he "retired from the FUT game" on his website, and reiterated in the above post by Medikemos.

But his FUE results are top notch!

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185505-dr-lupanzula-medikemos-clinic-5580-3250-2330-fus-manual-fue.html

Absolute master class in donor management, an artful conservative hairline and donor management. Definitely appreciate that he does extractions himself so less of a gamble. Many of his results on the international forum to check out too.

Out of interest what holding solution does Lupanzula use for grafts?