Hair transplant regret

I've been contemplating a hair transparent for 5+ years.

I think in that time I've gone from Norwood 2 (26 years old) to Norwood 3 (31 years old) off a very rough measure - never taking propecia. I know some would be jealous who have it worse, and I appreciate your struggle, but I hate it how I have a full head of hair accept my hair line has receded. It was after a breakup (7 year relationship) and heavy depression following I lost a lot of hair (~1 inch in like 2 months) and I saw my ex at the pub.. she looked at me and said "whoa" it was obvious, it cut me really deep, but I deserved it because I was an asshole to her for years...

I want to bite the bullet, I feel very confident I've not been losing hair for a fair while... my reservations are this;

1) After years of research, I feel I really only want to see Koray Erdogan.. It would cost $12k which is about 30% of my net worth! But how much would it mean... I'm single, and I feel this could really catapult my luck with ladies because I have big forehead, with a few bumps, and apart from that I'm fit and in good knick...

2) I wonder if even though my hair loss has been very slow and stable, you never know what could trigger another episode. If I suffered from "shock loss" I couldnt afford another one so soon after..

I also think with hair transplants getting more and more advanced.. I have a full and thick black beard, I can't see why if I ran out of donor there is always that...

3) My last reservation is this - it will be obvious to ppl close to me - but I always deny everything, even though it blatantly obvious to others if I'm lying - I'm not sure I could handle the denying...

I want hear from ppl who have been in a similar situation with similiar reservations, did you regret it, or was it the best decision you ever made, because I honestly feel it is going to be one or the other....

Best decision I ever made , I always used to wear a hat all the time so it was quite easy to pull the whole thing off , now I don't wear a hat and the main comments seem to be how much younger I look without a hat ,don't over think it, I''m sure you will get a great result with Dr Erdogan.

I lost all my hairline from a bad breakup too man, stress is the biggest body killer!

As soon as i got off my plane and landed home... I had a feeling of relief.... "finally i can move forward with my life, and move onto the next chapter"

I reckon you should go for it man! pm me if you got any q's

Some folks have regrets, lets see if it is a bigger regret come this November.

Fue should be done slowly and meticulously in order to have high yield and less transection. It should be done by a doctor.

No one here knows exactly what goes on inside those doors unless they had previou ls surgeries. My advice is to meet real actual forum patients that had the procedures with the doc of your choice and see if that is what you are looking for.

HT procedure is a process. Very few patients are one and done. Expect improvement not perfection. But realize there are no guarantees. Don't be deterred by this; just aware. You have chosen a respected doctor so and will be fine. It is worth the money to be in trusted hands. Go into it knowing that sometimes it may take a few passes to get it to where you want it. Update your progress. This site is great support.

bbtrojans if you've been thinking about it this much for 5 solid years and can afford then do it. Getting my fue was the best decision i ever made. I was like you and thought about it for a loooong time. I wish i could go back and have it done 5 years earlier.

I wish I had done it earlier...granted I did it a few months shy of 27, but my hairloss stabilized around 23 after finasteride, wish I could've began the journey then....alas that is largely hindsight as most reputable doctors shy away from touching a patient under the age of 25.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

You seem to be in a good position to go ahead with a procedure and I think most if not all surgeons would consider you a good candidate. You're similar to me in that you've reached your early thirties low on the Norwood scale without aggressive hairloss.

I want to address a few of your points.

1) I understand (probably more than most) what it's like to have worries and self-esteem that is tied up in personal appearance. Confidence is the most important thing for attracting women, so if a major goal in your life is to get yourself a girlfriend then a procedure which improves your confidence is a worthwhile endeavour. Just remember that it is the confidence that is more important than the hair.

2) Shockloss is when hairs are lost (in the recipient or donor areas) due to trauma from the surgery. Hairs lost due to shockloss normally grow back. I just wanted to be sure that you understand what the term means. Facial or body hair should be seen as a last resort as those hairs usually differ in texture to scalp hair.

3) I told everybody important to me (and many who are unimportant) about my procedure. You'll find it a much easier experience if you're open about it.

My procedure was a huge success and I don't have a single regret. My HT result has made me much more confident, but I know that personal development in other ways has been just as important in improving my life.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com