Exit strategies from 2000 neograft FUE???

Warning....LONG POST....

Has anyone ever had an FUE and then successfully 'exited' or found their way out of this HT crap without looking like a total odd ball?

Briefly I'll try and explain my situation. (and I'll try not to get too salty in the post about my personal opinions on hair transplants and the fact I think many of these so called 'doctors' out there are conning insecure impressionable young men out of their savings by making promises they ultimately can't fulfill. Ok enough of that)

I had a 2000 graft FUE a couple of years back with a neograft unit in South Carolina. Looks socially passable now though I would never say it looked 'good'. Looks kinda of pluggy and thin'ish overall. I'll put it like this, I never EVER get a single 'I like the way your hair looks today' response or comment/compliment.

Yes, there is hair there but, it doesn't look that good. It looks unnaturally curly (I have straight hair everywhere else) kinky, thin, and coarse. In a dimly lit room it can pass somewhat, but in the sun or bright light you can tell something is very much "off" about my hair and hairline. Thankfully most people are polite enough to not stare or say anything.

Anyway, I'm unable to take Propecia/Fin due to undesirable sexual side effects. So my hair loss is marching on relatively unabated (except for Rogaine foam and Keto shampoo).

I need to come up with a suitable exit strategy for this now!!

This way, when my hair loss finally gets to the point of approaching circus side show freak leveI, I will have a plan formulated and ready to go.

I figure I've got MAX another 4-7years before Im put in a no win bind where something absolutely MUST get done.

Obviously I had a HT becaUse I'm over all an insecure person who was insecure about others noticing my hair lose. I'm really ready to move on and put this hair transplant disaster behind me. But I feel trapped in it for now.

Has anyone here ever successfully navigated themselves out of a FUE?

My preference at this point, would be to buzz down to a one guard!!!!

However that option doesn't seem possible any longer because following the NEOGRAFT FUE 2000 grafts, my head looks like a damn Swiss cheese war zone!

What are my options?

•I can't take FIN

•I don't want more surgery in the future (my healing was very uncomfortable and VERY traumatic for me).

*i would however agree to have ONE more surgery though, if it would be possible to put the grafts back thief original spots? Other than that, it was too much redness, scarring and cobblestoning. And it took too long to heal. I DO NOT want to get repeat FUE's. Nor do I even think my skin can handle it!

•I don't want to wear a hair piece or toupee system.

•I'm worry that even trying to shave down bald is very noticeable! You can still see the area that are devoid of hair follicles in the donor area. My density was far to sparse! And I should've never been allowed to have a 2000 graft FUE with how poor my density is! But, doctors don't make money by turning people away.

•what about SMP? I'm worried that too would very unattractive and unnatural in the light up close? Possibly buzzing down to a no guard or a 1 and using SMP to plug in the NEOGRAFT Swiss chess areas? But even that still doesn't solve the cobblestones in the front hair line recipient area?

•fraxel? Electrolysis?

• I really just want to buzz down and be done. I've started rocking a beard more often to have it part of my look more, this way it diverts some attention away from my scalp.

TLDR: As I try and figure out my narrow list of options for the future (within 5 years) it becomes more and more apparent the unwinnable situation I've put myself in by jumping head first into a regrettable NEOGRAFT FUE.

Again, if anyone has come up with a 'successful' FUE exit strategy that worked for you, and you still feel good about yourself and the way you look; please share your story with me as I would LOVE to hear your plight!

Sincerely thank you!

It really depends on the damage that was done, but it seems like you've passed on most of the options you have, so I'm not sure what your looking for.

I did see a guy last week that had a big scar and smp. I didn't like the smp, it was noticeable. Not sure they are all like that but I could see what it was immediately.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

What if you shaved it completely bald? Do you have pics of the scarring?

I've thought about doing that, and sporting a light beard. May be my best bet actually. Probably should try that FIRST and see how it goes? My only issue with that is I can't tell the extent of scarring and the difference between the normal skin and recipient skin until I do actually shave it down.

Has anyone ever attempted a bald shaved or buzzed down look after a FUE with acceptable appearance results?????

I'm afraid once you go into a HT, you are sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole.

I've thought about doing that, and sporting a light beard. May be my best bet actually. Probably should try that FIRST and see how it goes? My only issue with that is I can't tell the extent of scarring and the difference between the normal skin and recipient skin until I do actually shave it down.

Has anyone ever attempted a bald shaved or buzzed down look after a FUE with acceptable appearance results?????

I'm afraid once you go into a HT, you are sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole.

Lol. Yes that is one way to think of it. I think if you're unable to take fin, then yes the results are not going to be as great. There are some doctors out there that could probably fix you up. But that's more money and another transplant which is what you don't want. I'd say shave it bald and see what happens. Worst thing that happens is you have to wear a hat for a month til it grows back. What dosage of fin were you on?

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Glad to see you back bio,

The only real exit strategy that would make sense is to buzz down, I recently had a haircut where the barber completely messed up my hair, he shaved down to a zero guard, I never go that low because I know the FUE scars will be visible, anyways no one has said anything to me, it wasn't until I pointed it out that people noticed.

Remember we pay more attention to ourselves than others do, especially in today's social media selfie narcissistic era, people are to busy looking at themselves to worry about tiny dot scars. What I would do is use concealer in the front to camouflage any cobblestoning, you an try dermmatch it works really well.

Here's my donor shaved at zero guard, the dots are there and easy to spot if you look closely, mind you this after 5K plus FUE, it'll probably be less visible for you.

IMG_1427.JPG

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Glad to see you back bio,

The only real exit strategy that would make sense is to buzz down, I recently had a haircut where the barber completely messed up my hair, he shaved down to a zero guard, I never go that low because I know the FUE scars will be visible, anyways no one has said anything to me, it wasn't until I pointed it out that people noticed.

Remember we pay more attention to ourselves than others do, especially in today's social media selfie narcissistic era, people are to busy looking at themselves to worry about tiny dot scars. What I would do is use concealer in the front to camouflage any cobblestoning, you an try dermmatch it works really well.

Here's my donor shaved at zero guard, the dots are there and easy to spot if you look closely, mind you this after 5K plus FUE, it'll probably be less visible for you.

I wonder if an exit strategy could include a buzz down and then some strategically placed tattoo dots procedure. (I forget what that's called at the moment).

I hear such mixed reviews on that though. I've heard that over time the ink starts to change color and spread out in the skin and doesnt look so neat and clean after (x) amount of years.

I dont know? Just try and thinking about future options? Likely will be either a total shave down and a beard type look? But even then, I have NO idea what the skin underneath all this looks like, as I haven't have my hair cut close since the original FUE procedure.

Honestly I'm becoming very curious to give it a buzz down just to see what the hell it would look like? I may try a very close cut tomorrow and see what up with that look?

You are correct about people generally being so self absorbed that they really don't notice you as much as you think they do. Most everyone else is far to concerned about themselves and what others are thinking of them to be very preoccupied with what you got going on! LOL!!!

HT Soon I always admire and love to hear your insights! Thank for your contributions to this forum site and helping to 'keep it real'.

Peace man!