Dr. Hasson - FUE - 2650 grafts - April 7, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my experience with Dr. Hasson. I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Hasson. His professionalism, kind demeanour and ability to design a natural hairline are second to no one.

I received 2,660 grafts via a one-day FUE procedure. My scalp was too tight and therefore not amenable to FUT. I had my procedure on April 7, 2017.

I started a 1.25mg/day Merck Proscar dosage on April 5, 2017.

One thing of note. I had quite a bad 3rd-degree burn about 15 years ago. This burn left a scar on the upper temple region (visible on the penultimate photo below). No hair grew on the scar. Dr. Hasson placed grafts into the scar as well. I am quite curious to find out whether these grafts will grow.

As I am new to this forum, I didn't know how to best share my photos. I created an album that contains some of the most germane photos detailing my first three weeks post-op. I encourage any readers to take a look. I have also embedded the photos below:

30376.jpg

30377.jpg

30378.jpg

30379.jpg

30380.jpg

30381.jpg

30382.jpg

30383.jpg

30384.jpg

30385.jpg

30386.jpg

30387.jpg

30388.jpg

30389.jpg

30390.jpg

30391.jpg

30392.jpg

30393.jpg

Why two threads?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186833-dr-hasson-fue-2660-grafts-april-7-2017-a.html

Your scalp was too tight for only 2600 grafts? Did you go assuming you would have a FUT?

Hey. I couldn't figure out how to delete the other one. If you know how, please remove it.

And yes, I went with the intention of having an FUT procedure. However, once I chatted with Dr. Hasson and researched their FUE results, I was so against having an unsightly FUT scar that FUE was the only option for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Good work.

Did the hair implanted over the scar grow in the end?

Thank you for your post. I am actually seeing some very early growth and lots of little black dots in the scar area. Keep in mind, I am not even 7 weeks post-op at time of writing.

Recipient and donor areas look superb. Still slightly pink but I haven't worn a hat since week 4. I buzz my head to a 2 every few days. I actually love the short hair.

This is going to look great! The hairline design really complements your face. Please keep updating us on your results.

Happy Growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Exact graft numbers:

Total of 2640 follicular units and the break down is:

290 – Singles

1949 – Doubles

401 – Multi’s

The transection rate was 2%.

Hi Arminius. When you wrote "Transection rate was 2%" what did you mean? 2% of extracted grafts did not extract properly?

Am I the only one here that doesn't know what 'penultimate' means, lol.

But seriously, good luck. Man your extractions look clean!!

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Penultimate means second to last. :D I see the scar in the last photo too, though.

This looks like it's going to be a nice result. Do you have any photos from before the procedure?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

This is going to look great! The hairline design really complements your face. Please keep updating us on your results.

Happy Growing!

Hi David. Thanks for your nice comment. I will post a few photos this afternoon. I am healing amazingly well. I use a little bit of makeup powder on the recipient area and nobody even notices the pink tones.

Hi Arminius. When you wrote "Transection rate was 2%" what did you mean? 2% of extracted grafts did not extract properly?

Thank you for your post. I think this is a great summary of the meaning of transection rate:

In sum, H&W review every FUE graft prior to implanting into recipient area. So, a 2% transection rate represents roughly 50 follicular units that may have been damaged. Not bad considering FUT scars create similar or even higher transection numbers during the initial incision.

Am I the only one here that doesn't know what 'penultimate' means, lol.

But seriously, good luck. Man your extractions look clean!!

Thank you so much for your nice comment! I need all the luck I can get! I am at week 7 and am beginning to see little hairs beginning to grow. Am excited but also a tiny bit anxious. I am certainly out of the ugly duckling phase. I haven't worn a hat since week 3.

Have my entire head shaved down to about 1.5 millimetres. Not a single visible scar. It is a truly freeing experience.

Arminius....looks like you will be quite pleased. That view out the surgery room is magnificent isnt it? When Dr. Hasson did the extractions how long did that take? And for the extractions were you face down or sitting at an angle? Also how long was the entire day in the chair for BOTH extraction and placement? Happy growing.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Arminius....looks like you will be quite pleased. That view out the surgery room is magnificent isnt it? When Dr. Hasson did the extractions how long did that take? And for the extractions were you face down or sitting at an angle? Also how long was the entire day in the chair for BOTH extraction and placement? Happy growing.

Good Morning and thanks for your questions and nice comment. The view is indeed magnificent. I live in downtown Vancouver so am quite used to it.

The extraction was performed by an extremely knowledgeable and experienced technician. I got to the office at 7 am. Extraction began, face down, at around 8:45 am. The extraction was complete by around 3 pm. Dr. Hasson then made the recipient slits while I was given a handheld counter device to click off each time we hit another hundred incisions. Very simple, yet extremely effective.

Follicle placement finished around 10 pm.

Happy Growing!

Here are some photos at 7 weeks post op:

30477.jpg

30476.jpg

30475.jpg

Penultimate means second to last. :D I see the scar in the last photo too, though.

This looks like it's going to be a nice result. Do you have any photos from before the procedure?

Here are some pre-op photos:

30479.jpg

30478.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Gotta be honest dude, you rock that buzz cut.:cool:

Looks better than pre op imo.

lol i thought the same thing. Buzzed down him looks like he'd steal pre ops lunch money :P

This should be a very nice result, the clinics putting out good fue work.

lol i thought the same thing. Buzzed down him looks like he'd steal pre ops lunch money :P

This should be a very nice result, the clinics putting out good fue work.

Thanks so much for your comment! I am super excited. New hairs every day and the existing ones are thickening up nicely.

And, to be honest, I was quite worried about my head shape prior to shaving down. But after taking the plunge, I quite love it. It is so much easier and I get tons of compliments on the buzzed look.

• Administrators

Damn you've been blessed with a good head shape dude my head looks like a bullet lol. If you ever decide to give in to MPB you will not look bad. You look like Michael Bradley of the U.S men's national soccer team.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is off topic but any advice to grow a beard like yours? Well done! haha

LOL! Well, the key is to simply let it grow unimpeded for roughly 12 weeks. That will get most of your beard follicles through their growth cycles and you can really assess what type of beard you are able to grow. Most men fail at growing a beard because they decide to "trim" after only two or three weeks.

Hope that helps a little!