4300 grafts with Dr resul Yaman 12th April 2017

Finally after 2 weeks of my HT I am getting round to writing a detailed review for my first HT. 12th April 4300 grafts with DR Resul Yaman

I am 30 year old guy suffering from Hair loss for more than 6-7 year. Losing hair made me really depress and affected my confidence.

In the last 2 years I become serious about searching for HT. Initially i was gona go for one of those cheap technician clinics in turkey, until I came across these forums and found out you search for a good surgeon not the clinic :)

Why I choose Dr yaman, you find the link here and reasons for my decision. But one of the fundamental reasons was the recommendations here patients testimonies plus he was in my price range.

I contacted loads of clinics and doctors all of them quoted me around 3500-4500 grafts but I found consultation from Dr Yaman and Yaman (patient representative) to be extremely good detailed and he even answered all my silly questions and trust me I had LOADS !! I had Skype CONSULTATION with Dr yaman initially I was quoted 4500 grafts

I was advised to use finasteride 15 days prior to surgery but I refused to use it for obvious reasons. but I am taking supplements

Biotin MSM flex seed oil CASTOR and rosemary oil massages

Consultation

on 11th April when I arrived I was picked up on time from airport and taken straight to clinic I had consultation with Dr Yaman, he talked through my hair line and answered all my questions and suggested 4700 grafts -he talks in Turkish and the translator does the translation

I told them I just want hairline front and top done maybe I will come back for crown in 9 months to a year time. Dr agreed that it's a good idea and said then I don't need more than 4300 grafts.

I was very happy with all the consultation. Taken back to hotel which is lovely . Make sure you make use of Sauna, Turkish Hamam and steam room in the hotel, because you can't for a month after surgery. Breakfast was included

Surgery day

I was picked up by driver at 9am. Dr did the incisions. and anaesthesia injections (which hurt-absolutely killer) but it's momentary pain and you get over it quickly.

after incisions technician team took over and did the rest. I was very happy they took their time nothing felt rushed and I noticed good practices like changing gloves and masks every time they entered the room. Dr came checked on me few times as well so did Yaman the representative who is a lovely guy.

Half Time

I was offered lunch they also gave lunch to my gf :) and allowed her to take pics of me during surgery or whenever she wanted.

After lunch repeat of first session. but this time anaesthesia injections were even more painful (maybe I am just a wimp ) I was extremely tired by end of all this. the whole things took 9 hrs .

At one point I felt little dizzy, the whole clinic came to look after me checked my bp offered me some sugar and stopped everything. That was lovely :)

Stayed in hotel for 3 nights but I was in turkey for 9 days. They happily dropped me to the other side of town as I saying further in Istanbul, which was very kind of them.

Day 3 I went for wash and everything was perfect. I can't fault the service and experience so far.

DAY 9 I was returning to London, the clinic contacted me offered me additional wash including pick and drop which is incredible I didn't even ask for it can't fault the service of Dr yaman team 10/10

Day 12I am on day 12 so far very happy but noticing loads of dandruff :( I haven't notice any shedding yet.

I was charged 1 euro per graft

including 3 night stay pickup and drop PRP

I am attaching pics for you if any questions feel free to contact me. also feedback is appreciated

I bought proscar from Istanbul and using it every other day and also ordered Minoxidil Kirkland. will be using it on temple and crown area.

Thanks to the forum for recommendation for this, so far I am extremely satisfied, I can't fault anything, even if I try very hard ...

5b32f33b3a8d4_2017-03-03-PHOTO-000000081.thumb.jpg.7031c28ff5b7d6422279253c65424e83.jpg

5b32f33b4cad9_FullSizeRender1.thumb.jpg.2156638740cdfcc314ee927f071e0aa2.jpg

5b32f33b606ef_IMG_40491.JPG.aaf21434482f1619feaef1f05665ad9a.JPG

5b32f33b8a439_2017-03-07-PHOTO-000000431.thumb.jpg.4b69836fd2c7bef89e9ac3351bac38d4.jpg

5b32f33ba2ecc_2017-03-07-PHOTO-000000511.thumb.jpg.65ce71a5fad6b3e650e043db50e5f6f1.jpg

5b32f33bcb24e_2017-03-03-PHOTO-000000121.thumb.jpg.934f81b85f694ec97b3c7fb2a7ae83d8.jpg

5b32f33bf34d3_2017-03-03-PHOTO-000000101.thumb.jpg.496a465ae06bee83fd49e8c1262be212.jpg

Edited by chevenowner1

Managed to control the dandruff a little,

did oil (castor) massage on alternative days , and already have seen significant difference. I think it just hides the dandruff , not treats the scalp, I am sure it will come back

Any dandruff solutions people ? I am worried about it. You think it can damage my restoration ?

Edited by chevenowner1

Day 21 started minoxidil Kirkland foam twice on crown and temple only .

Plus nizoral shampoo twice a week and castor and rosemary oil twice a week as well

I have notice so much difference with dandruff . It's amazing . For daily shampoo I will be using aveeno shampoo and conditioner

My top looks so thin :( is i will post 1 month pics soon

Sorry radio , what do u mean ?

YEs v lucky with healing , I think all my redness disappeared within 2 weeks

But I am worried about how my donor area is looking , hopefully it's normal :(

IMG_4740.thumb.jpg.cead03591837e07f6f8e6b39211b31a7.jpg

Edited by chevenowner1

I just meant that I doubt many people could tell you had a surgical procedure done because of the absence of redness. It looks very neat so far, particularly the hairline. You know this already but the density is just a waiting game! Happy growing!

I just meant that I doubt many people could tell you had a surgical procedure done because of the absence of redness

So far no 1 , none of close friends can tell , couple commented saying I look slightly different ..

At work no one has a clue . But I didn't go to work until 20 days post op

Hey Chev,

Great write up thank you for the sharing so much with us.

With the proscar are you splitting it into quarters? And why are you taking it every other day?

I heard castor oil is great. Also the minoxidil will help with preventing hair loss in your crown area. From what I have read it doesn't really help with the temporals or top.

As for dandruff I think the nizoral and keeping your scalp moisterized will help.

I think if you grow out your hair in the back you wont have to worry about it. I think use hair product and start to brush or comb the back of the head to train the hairs to fall down to cover the areas of concern.

Overall looks great.

Looks great so far. There were couple of bad review related to density lately from Indexo and Unico. How is your experience.

I know you got your procedure done recently, how was the security situation in Istanbul.

How is the general perception of safety there. Thanks

Hey bobhair i really can't comment on the density yet, too early. at the moment my top looks very thin, as you can tell form the pics. It's like every thing has shed.

As far as experience and service is concerned, i can not fault them 1 bit.they know what they are doing and every 1 was considerate and helpful. They even went out of there way couple of times, you can read about that in the review.

No issues with safety, i even went out late night, city was hustling and bustling plus i went during referendum time, so loads of rallies were happening. I would go back again

It's just waiting games now, i am not expecting a miracle, but i am atleast expecting a result like they post them selves for their patients, which some times are incredible.

This is completely expected. After 1 month every transplanted graft should have shed. And maybe shockloss on top. LIke everyone you are below baseline after 28 days. After 3-4 months you will see if you had sucess or not. Before that --> Just patience is required. You DOc should have told you that.

This is completely expected. After 1 month every transplanted graft should have shed. And maybe shockloss on top. LIke everyone you are below baseline after 28 days. After 3-4 months you will see if you had sucess or not. Before that --> Just patience is required. You DOc should have told you that.

i knew it was going to happen, just depressing .. this phase..i think i have shed almost all my planted grafts..

Edited by chevenowner1

I think i have healed very well, very little signs of surgery.

I will be cutting the sides and back soon (with scissors ), because i look sooo bald with my top virtually empty.

overall very happy with doner area recovery.

FullSizeRender.jpg.e79097f35fb1767d258e08a6e87461ef.jpg

IMG_4806.JPG.aa03351c8e8adbfbf5ae0741eca6063d.JPG

FullSizeRender(1).jpg.40685fe35e3d39d51cd00f76b1c175a4.jpg

Edited by chevenowner1

3-4 months is too early to tell success/failure more like the 7-8 month, if hair isn't showing a cosmetic improvement by then maybe then time to worry .

7-8 months :eek:

Ain't no body got time for that :(

Can't wait !!

Have u looked at my 1 month doner pic.. what u think

Man calm down you cant do anything now. I wish you get good result. looking at 1 month don't do justice.

Look at mine for example :)