Picking Dr for 3rd and final procedure.

CaptainO

I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since my first FUT. I was 28, panicking and depressed at what was happening. I went into Dr Meshkin and received 1500 grafts to the front and mid section. Couple of years later at the age of 30, I went back for 1800 more grafts, this time I brought my cousin with me who also had 1800 grafts done. I again added 1500 grafts to the front and mid section and 300 to the crown area. I am now 37 and have been thinking of going back in for a 3rd and final procedure to replace the native hair I've lost since those two procedures and thicken my hairline.

This time around I'm going for the FUE as I don't like the scaring the first two procedures left. I've researched Dr Carman in San Diego and may go with him. Anyone have any recommendations for Dr's in Socal?

Oh and a funny story. Ive been a pilot since the age of 19. I now fly as a Captain for a major airline in the USA. About 6 years ago, after we landed and parked at the gate, I opened the cockpit door to say goodbye to the passengers as I usually do. As we waited for the gate agent to pull the jetbridge forward, my flight attendant greeted me and said she'd like to introduce me to Dr. Bosley who was sitting in the first row of first class. She said "he is the leading Hair Transplant Dr in the nation". By that point, I had already had my first or second procedure(I can't remember). I shook his hand and my first thought is he looks nothing like the guy on TV. Then he looks up at my head and says out loud, "You'd be a great candidate for a hair transplant". Immediately after, every passenger in the first 10 rows of the airplane looked at my head. Fun Times! :cool:

• 2 years later...

Lol Story had me laughing out loud. I could only image...

Not sure if you have already gone in for your 3rd HT, but if not, I would recommenced Dr. Ross.  I had 5 HTs... first 3 were with Dr. Ross (strip).  After my 3rd I guess he took a leave of absence, so I went with Dr. Umar (FUE) for scar repair. 

I was very pleased with Dr. Ross’ work and results.  Dr. Umar’s results were “ok”.  

Edited by joe121592

Best of luck with your 3rd surgery.  I had two FUE surgeries, the first in 2012 (5,250 grafts) and 2,000 more in 2015.  Enjoyed your Bosley story!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

Since you fly planes for  living, I would fly out the USA and have it done in places where they can have 3 times the number of assistants/techs helping the docs, and for half the price due to labor costs because FUE is very labor intensive

• Administrators

You should’ve have asked him when the last time he actually performed a procedure was lmao

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.