Reasons I won't be getting a hair transplant

Djlazerblue

A bigger regret would be living your twenties looking like a 50 year old man.

Do uno what mate I used to buzz my head in my 20s and I pulled the best looking women I've ever had granted it didn't work out but with hair I never pulled, ironic ay

Do uno what mate I used to buzz my head in my 20s and I pulled the best looking women I've ever had granted it didn't work out but with hair I never pulled, ironic ay

To each their own, unfortunately the vast majority are far more attractive with hair than without. I have talked to many girls around my age (their 20s) about this and every single one agrees balding is one of the most unattractive things possible for a man. I was with a mates girlfriend the other day at a club and out of nowhere she pointed out a youngish dude with a massive bald spot at the crown and went "ewwwwww". Most women genuinely look at it as an illness, especially on younger guys.

What it really comes down to is money, donor, time, usage and success of medication, awareness of risk, and research for a for a surgeon. If the right boxes are all ticked, if you're worried about it you should get it done. If you can't tick those boxes, then don't. That simple really.

To each their own, unfortunately the vast majority are far more attractive with hair than without. I have talked to many girls around my age (their 20s) about this and every single one agrees balding is one of the most unattractive things possible for a man. I was with a mates girlfriend the other day at a club and out of nowhere she pointed out a youngish dude with a massive bald spot at the crown and went "ewwwwww". Most women genuinely look at it as an illness, especially on younger guys.

What it really comes down to is money, donor, time, usage and success of medication, awareness of risk, and research for a for a surgeon. If the right boxes are all ticked, if you're worried about it you should get it done. If you can't tick those boxes, then don't. That simple really.

Well I'm unsure the women you befriend but my lady friends don't look upon baldness as an illness that's for sure, it's life it happens to nearly all of us including women, that said the way you felt when you started losing your hair at such a young age and got your transplant at 22, imagine at 32 if you progress to a full of Norwood 7 and trust me 32 is no age you won't have enough donor to cover your top, propecia/Avodart doesn't last forever your donor will be desiccated I've also seen a lot of guys on here in the last 8 years whom had transplants at your age and because there baldness was so aggressive that even fell out aswell, you will feel 10 times worse than you did, let's hope you have some nice body hair

Yeah JeanLuc, that girl sounds like a real POS. Next time she gets a wrinkle, or cellulite or something equally out of her control point at it and go ewwww. Sounds like an immature, shallow, monster and I personally can't wait until she gets old.

Yeah somebody's pissed about being bald. The fact is, if I were female or gay, there's not a goddamn chance I would date a bald guy. So she's entitled to her preferences, she's not a monster. It's not attractive to a lot of people. To some people it is, but far fewer. That's why we've invested so many resources into keep our hair. You sound like an immature, shallow, monster, for not coming to grips that being are allowed to not find you attractive. Harsh but true. Maybe she could keep it to herself next time. It sucks that it's out of our control. But people are going to continue to be shallow, buddy.

Interesting, I'd ask you this. Would you date a woman who had the body of a super model and the face of angelina jolie? But unfortunately is suffering from female pattern baldness ?

it seems the younger generation are the most vain, women I know look for facial looks over hair all day long, you could have Brad Pitt hair but the face of Stephen Hawking

Ever notice bald guys seem to have nice gfs and wives?

Look at it from that angle you might just agree with me and have a bit of acceptance with what life throws at you

Well I'm unsure the women you befriend but my lady friends don't look upon baldness as an illness that's for sure, it's life it happens to nearly all of us including women, that said the way you felt when you started losing your hair at such a young age and got your transplant at 22, imagine at 32 if you progress to a full of Norwood 7 and trust me 32 is no age you won't have enough donor to cover your top, propecia/Avodart doesn't last forever your donor will be desiccated I've also seen a lot of guys on here in the last 8 years whom had transplants at your age and because there baldness was so aggressive that even fell out aswell, you will feel 10 times worse than you did, let's hope you have some nice body hair

If magically I hit norwood 7 despite being on medication and my miniaturisation only occurring in the norwood 5 area (which any competent surgeon can measure), then I'll shave it off and get SMP.

If that doesn't happen, I'll get to go through my 20s looking like a fullhead. Both of these made for substantially better options than waiting another decade as a norwood 3.

Being one of the youngest guys I have seen get a transplant on this forum I'd looked into plenty of cases of guys my age who got transplants. I agree 95% are failures long term, however it is typically because they aren't on medication, go to a poor surgeon who botches their donor, run out of money for future surgeries or goes too aggressive with a donor that can't accommodate it. Most of these ultimately relate to a lack of research.

I don't be intressted to see how your case turns out, can you post a link to your pictures? I have seen them before but can't find them, your hair quality was good from what I remember will be interesting to see your case in a few years times and how you've got on

Yeah somebody's pissed about being bald. The fact is, if I were female or gay, there's not a goddamn chance I would date a bald guy. So she's entitled to her preferences, she's not a monster. It's not attractive to a lot of people. To some people it is, but far fewer. That's why we've invested so many resources into keep our hair. You sound like an immature, shallow, monster, for not coming to grips that being are allowed to not find you attractive. Harsh but true. Maybe she could keep it to herself next time. It sucks that it's out of our control. But people are going to continue to be shallow, buddy.

"The fact is, if I were female or gay, there's not a goddamn chance I would date a bald guy."

I think a lot of people here are mid-thirties, happy to settle and past their prime so they don't really get this, but to extend your point I'm not particularly interested in a woman who has low standards to begin with. High standards are definitely a forgotten virtue sometimes.

I don't be intressted to see how your case turns out, can you post a link to your pictures? I have seen them before but can't find them, your hair quality was good from what I remember will be interesting to see your case in a few years times and how you've got on

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186728-asmed-koray-erdogan-3070-grafts-april-10th.htm

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186728-asmed-koray-erdogan-3070-grafts-april-10th-2.html

I'll have my 5 month up in about 4 days. Still hoping for a lot more up to month 6 and 7, but already I've had a definite cosmetic improvement.

I'm planning another run through in 2 - 3 years to perfect the frontal third and add density to the crown, but I'm in no rush.

Edited by JeanLDD

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186728-asmed-koray-erdogan-3070-grafts-april-10th.htm

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186728-asmed-koray-erdogan-3070-grafts-april-10th-2.html

I'll have my 5 month up in about 4 days. Still hoping for a lot more up to month 6 and 7, but already I've had a definite cosmetic improvement.

I'm planning another run through in 2 - 3 years to perfect the frontal third and add density to the crown, but I'm in no rush.

Have you tried buzzing your head down to around a 3 just till it grows I think it will look a lot better, you know one thing I've learnt that a lot of good Drs out there go under the radar because everyone flocks to the surgeons recommended on here, that just leads them to be over worked and over booked, people's standards do slip over time I'd be more drawn towards an up and coming surgeon with youth on he's side, There are a lot of dinosaur surgeons hanging in their in my opinion are outta touch, just a thought for you. You want a 1 on the sides and a 3 on the top your look much better

Have you tried buzzing your head down to around a 3 just till it grows I think it will look a lot better, you know one thing I've learnt that a lot of good Drs out there go under the radar because everyone flocks to the surgeons recommended on here, that just leads them to be over worked and over booked, people's standards do slip over time I'd be more drawn towards an up and coming surgeon with youth on he's side, There are a lot of dinosaur surgeons hanging in their in my opinion are outta touch, just a thought for you. You want a 1 on the sides and a 3 on the top your look much better

Unfortunately I don't have a face suited to any shorter fade cut, and keeping the sides long allows me to cover up the frontal areas. My hair is a very light brown that almost looks like it is greying especially with a short cut and with a 3 on top I look like I'm a norwood 5 from a distance due to diffusing and my light hair color. Not going to work.

I do agree for most it works well, but only for a darker shade of brown.

I looked at thousands of results across multiple forums, and Erdogan is clearly the most consistent, competent with donor management and dare I say best FUE surgeon globally. Also far cheaper than the other top FUE doctors. Couto's results are arguably more impressive and aesthetically pleasing, however his waiting list is 5 years. What doctors do you feel are at the top of their game?

Unfortunately I don't have a face suited to any shorter fade cut, and keeping the sides long allows me to cover up the frontal areas. My hair is a very light brown that almost looks like it is greying especially with a short cut and with a 3 on top I look like I'm a norwood 5 from a distance due to diffusing and my light hair color. Not going to work.

I do agree for most it works well, but only for a darker shade of brown.

I looked at thousands of results across multiple forums, and Erdogan is clearly the most consistent, competent with donor management and dare I say best FUE surgeon globally. Also far cheaper than the other top FUE doctors. Couto's results are arguably more impressive and aesthetically pleasing, however his waiting list is 5 years. What doctors do you feel are at the top of their game?

Is your hair loss carried throughout your family history?, Dr Feller has produced some of the best hairlines I've ever seen, also their is a dr in the uk Edward Ball whom again I feel is right up there

Is your hair loss carried throughout your family history?, Dr Feller has produced some of the best hairlines I've ever seen, also their is a dr in the uk Edward Ball whom again I feel is right up there

All norwood 5s with high sides and back on both sides of the family. In terms of FUT I would put Dr. Feller among the top options with, Bisanga, Hasson + Wong, Konior and Feriduni. My only issue with him is that in the (rare) cases I have seen of a very poor yield there are occasions where his conduct is approaching blatantly unethical, and he is very averse to refunds or touch-ups.

No I probably wouldn't date/ marry a bald woman regardless of body type or physical fitness. Would I hookup with a bald Angelina Jolie? Sure why not, but It's not that hard to find a girl with a good body. It's just called not settling and going to the gym. And I wouldn't take the risk of rewarding my children with my potential partner's horrible genetics. I'm sorry, but if you're a bald woman before you enter into marriage, you've been eliminated from much of the evolutionary contest. It is engrained in males to look for attractive partners, which is why personality matter so little to most younger men. In the words of Chris Hitchen, "You don't need to make us laugh, we already find you attractive, thanks." Women look for security, dominance, wit, status, wealth, etc. We look for tolerable attractive patterns with whom we share a few common interest, to be blunt. But certain physical traits like balding often signal poor genetics, plain and simple. It's a turn off to both genders. This may sound sexist, to the more liberally inclined, but there's really no way to argue around this.

I'd hate to be you, I'd rather be a happy bald man than have your way of thinking very perculiar

All norwood 5s with high sides and back on both sides of the family. In terms of FUT I would put Dr. Feller among the top options with, Bisanga, Hasson + Wong, Konior and Feriduni. My only issue with him is that in the (rare) cases I have seen of a very poor yield there are occasions where his conduct is approaching blatantly unethical, and he is very averse to refunds or touch-ups.

How about Rahal?

i'd hate to be you

......lol.....

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

When my hair loss started i used to use hair to cover over but then when i lost more i couldn't do that anymore. So i started to trim it using no.1 on clipper around the sides and trim top with a scissors to blend it all in.

Now my hair is turning white (especially around the sides and in my beard) i used to cut them out but now there are too many i cannot keep up so again i'm having to keep my hair short but even no.1 grade shows them.

It's been many years i got used to and prefer keeping my hair short.

Some say there is no point going for a ht if you are going to keep your hair short?

When my hair loss started i used to use hair to cover over but then when i lost more i couldn't do that anymore. So i started to trim it using no.1 on clipper around the sides and trim top with a scissors to blend it all in.

Now my hair is turning white (especially around the sides and in my beard) i used to cut them out but now there are too many i cannot keep up so again i'm having to keep my hair short but even no.1 grade shows them.

It's been many years i got used to and prefer keeping my hair short.

Some say there is no point going for a ht if you are going to keep your hair short?

Have you thought about dying the whites? I have my fair share of those and although they don't keep me up at night, I have considered colouring them. Nobody can tell I've had an HT and nobody has ever commented on my hairloss (before or after HT), but they have decided they need to point out my greys. (Like I wasn't already aware!)

I've had a HT and I keep my hair quite short. TBH I don't see what hair length has to do with it. My short hair looks better as a result of the HT, so that's solid justification for doing it. It's all about improving our appearance.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Yes i agree if you keep it short or long, It's all about improving our appearance

Now i'm not sure about hair dying it's just more chemicals and side effects of that and the added on extra cost for only a couple of weeks of dye.

Also it would be like trying to mask something you know is there i think like with hair loss it takes a bit of getting used to the change and acceptance