Reasons I won't be getting a hair transplant

Djlazerblue

please point me to a post where I'm advising someone not to get one ??????

Ok....I suppose your first post when you started this thread.

"My advice to anyone is take medication try and save what you have if you are to far gone just shave your head, wait for advances in technology or just simply get on with life, it's not worth the disappointment.....your hair will look moth eaten.."

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Again... point me to a post well I tell someone NOT to get a hair transplant

Is this like the Clinton "DEFINE IS"?....lol.

"My advice to anyone is take medication try and save what you have if you are to far gone just shave your head, wait for advances in technology or just simply get on with life, it's not worth the disappointment.....your hair will look moth eaten.."

Why dnt u hold ur hands up and just admit your wrong I've not told anyone not to get a hair transplant in fact I even said it's their life and money to waste do what makes you happy, but me and you and all the top dog surgeons in the world all know a HT is a temporary procedure, but they can't sell as much if they tell the truth people need to hear the words PERMENENT then cha ching another sale.

I don't need a degree to make that statement either it's common sense

Heck for that matter life is "temporary"....so what?

I have a great job, but it wont last forever....who cares?

I will ride the wave for as long as I can and enjoy the fruits.

Dude why can't you just accept hair transplants are not for you,

however many others find positive results from a hair transplant.

Do you have that much of a Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Didn't think u wud admit it,

I have accepted it's not for me have u got memory problems u no the name of the thread right???

I'll give you all another fact for every 1 hair transplanted you can permently lose up to 5 surrounding

That's why your playing catch up all the time

Shampoo maybe you need to stop commenting if your just going to make up lyes

Dude I feel sorry for you...I honestly do....you seem like a Kill-Joy, really insecure, and narcissistic. Maybe you'll grow wiser with age. Maybe you'll grasp the concept 2EachHisOwn. All I know is....I love my fricking hair and my life,...gosh that's all that really matters. Each your heart out!....LOL

Dude I feel sorry for you...I honestly do....you seem like a Kill-Joy, really insecure, and narcissistic. Maybe you'll grow wiser with age. Maybe you'll grasp the concept 2EachHisOwn. All I know is....I love my fricking hair and my life,...gosh that's all that really matters. Each your heart out!....LOL

maybe your grasp how to understand english

maybe your grasp how to understand english

Dr. KillJoy maybe you'll grasp how to type...."maybe your grasp"???? WTF?

Does lyes = lies?

does it matter about grammar? u clearly understand what i mean, with spell checks on phones now its just a quick way to send a message without correcting, so do u have anything to add to the thread thats of relevance or are you here just to correct typos

• 2 months later...
Guest austin123

Congratulations you chose the right path for you hair transplant is permanent solution of hair loss and hair grow naturally after the transplantation is get done.

Hello all,

Been researching for 3 years now and I've decided I won't ever get a transplant done here is my findings in 3 years this is meeting with surgeons and people that have also had it done including friends.

I'm a borderline Norwood 3 so my hair lost is not major but still I was concerned with my hairline.

What I've found is that between the two procedures FUE & FUT that while some people don't like the fact of having a scar FUT is by far the better option and yields the greatest results, simply because FUE causes great trauma to the hair follicle and many are lost while being ripped from your scalp (think of a plant being pulled from the dirt but the root snapping off and being left in the ground). Also with a hair transplant you run the risk of permenant shock this is because of what is called "collateral damage" if the hairs are planted to close together they compete for blood supply and simply can't survive so you face loosing hair surrounding the transplant hairs and it won't grow back hence why your always playing catch up once you have had 1 surgery.

The crown is also a problem area and very hard to transplant even the best surgeons struggle and tend not to get great results

Also the probability is that you will loose more hair in the future and even finastride and dutasteride regaine etc won't keep it as it will wear off eventually all these medications peak then like anything your body will start to reject it. The truth of the matter is your always playing catch up, surgeons who say you only need 1 transplant I'm sorry are lying you will need 4/5 and even then you will only gain around 25% of your original density, if your heading say to a Norwood 7 there simply is not enough hair in the donor site to cover the top of your head and that's a FACT, you can pour in 1million Pound there is just not enough donor hair there and don't forget only around 90% of grafts survive even less if you op for FUE,

My advice to anyone is take medication try and save what you have if you are to far gone just shave your head, wait for advances in technology or just simply get on with life, it's not worth the disappointment, from the people I've spoke to that have had surgery many suffer from scalp pain migraines and numbness, also they still use concealers like toppik as there results aren't as they expected which for me defeats the whole purpose of having one in the 1st place, IMPORTANT advice

Like your body your hair will age even your doner area will get thinner and your be left with holes from FUE or a visible scar your hair will look moth eaten and even a shaved head won't hide it, that's my findings and that's why I'll be sporting a shaved head if my loss gets any worse

There will be a lot of surgeons mostly sales reps out there who will paint a hair transplant as a wonder cure for your baldness, they don't care about you they just want your money, they will pray on your insecurities.

Be warned if your only slight reeceding Norwood 2/3 and your not happy your greed for hair could backfire and cause the rest of the surrounding hair to permently fall out behind.

I Will stress there are great DRs out there 3 of whom turnt me away and many of whom produce great results if anyone wants to know them please contact me as I won't mentioned names here as I'm not a salesman it might just help you in your decision if your stuck in your ways and are 100% going through with one.

This is my opinion on the procedure and I'm not trying to put no one off it, it's your life it's your body you only live it once so do what the fuck makes you happy

Please correct me or debate anything you feel is incorrect

Regards

Steve

Excellent write up! Very good perspective from the other side of the line.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

You have some good points. These things are concerns, however, the vast majority of people who have transplants look better after a transplant. But I agree, you have to be willing to have 2 or 3 decent sized ones. Or more if you are really keeping up with things, over a lifetime.

The most common pitfall by far is choosing the wrong doctor.

If you have the money, the right doctor, and the right expectations, modern transplants are going to make most people end up looking better.

If you look like Jason Statham, I see no reason to get a transplant...shave it.

If you have to taken out a second mortgage, pass.

If you a 25 year old with a nw6 pattern developing, pass.

But there are a lot of guys who will fall in to the "better of" category in both the short and the long term.

I was a nw 2.5, and I think I'm a good responder to meds....I have had 5 years of looking better and being happier. I won't need one for another 5 most likely (but I may get a top up because I can). That would give me a decade of my adult life in the peak of my career feeling better about myself and my appearance. So, I think thats a good deal for me.

With multiple transplants I'll get at least 2 decades, I believe, of being better off..

That will put me at the last 10 years of my career possibly being the guy you could tell had a transplant if by for some reason the density isnt enough, or my hairline was a little too low, or whatever. I'll take that gamble.

Hair systems are pretty dang good now too..So that's my fall back plan.

I really support the head shave for other people, just not me.

There's no silver bullet, it's a fight. Some people are willing to battle, some aren't, and some shouldn't.

And, an even better, eloquent reply.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Oh boy! Did I hit the reply button too early, or what?! Absolute carnage in there.

LOL Shampoo! Heavy replies.

3444 Strip Grafts

• 3 weeks later...
And, an even better, eloquent reply.

You make a good argument, to some it up basically a hair transplant is a gamble it's like putting all your money on one horse and hoping it comes in, if it Dosent you just live with the loss, my advice and I stand by this if your under the age of 35 please do not get surgery, from what I've seen 35 hair loss is normally quite established and Dosent change much from there on, people this age and over seem to do very well and have good results

When i was around 23 years old i noticed hair falling out a lot, more notice in the crown i then started going to clinics for hair transplant treatment. At that time i was told i could have about 3000grafts in the crown. Now had i done that at that time right now that would be nothing for me because i've had much more hair loss in the crown since then 10 years and from the front and mid scalp too where the limited donor hair should most be saved for.

Only in these past few years has my hair loss most reduced and i've been on meds and supplements to try and improve and save what i got.

Now at 36 i'm still kicking bass and feel now is the right time.

When your young you get used to looking like you do but as you age and loose hair you want that look back asap but there is more to hairtransplants it might be diffferent if you got loads of donor hair and money then you can keep up with things.

Another thing when you are younger I think your looks matter most so people want ht right away but they should not rush into it as i have learned to keep on meds and supplements and try and hold a ht off.

Now turning 37 in a few months i wonder this is the right time especially sine i noticed a very slow down in hair falling out.

Any way i don't want to be famous anymore just hope some poor sod reads this and contemplate!

Isn't choice wonderful? Do nothing, do one and done, do multiple HTs, do a system, wait for a cure---the list goes on, Spanker hit the nail on the head---there is a wide variety of quality in HT surgeons and you increase your odds immensely by researching and choosing right. We are fortunate to live in the age where the best surgeons are able to produce aesthetically pleasing results which were not available 20 years ago. I hope to be around 20 years from now because I am sure that the advances will even accelerate in this age of technological innovation.

When i was around 23 years old i noticed hair falling out a lot, more notice in the crown i then started going to clinics for hair transplant treatment. At that time i was told i could have about 3000grafts in the crown. Now had i done that at that time right now that would be nothing for me because i've had much more hair loss in the crown since then 10 years and from the front and mid scalp too where the limited donor hair should most be saved for.

Only in these past few years has my hair loss most reduced and i've been on meds and supplements to try and improve and save what i got.

Now at 36 i'm still kicking bass and feel now is the right time.

When your young you get used to looking like you do but as you age and loose hair you want that look back asap but there is more to hairtransplants it might be diffferent if you got loads of donor hair and money then you can keep up with things.

Another thing when you are younger I think your looks matter most so people want ht right away but they should not rush into it as i have learned to keep on meds and supplements and try and hold a ht off.

Now turning 37 in a few months i wonder this is the right time especially sine i noticed a very slow down in hair falling out.

Any way i don't want to be famous anymore just hope some poor sod reads this and contemplate!

Very good advice and very true.

I understand how young people feel when they start losing there hair and their mates all have nice hair styles but your 100% correct.

anyone doing a transplant at that age will probably not only regret it but will deffinatly loose more hair over there lifetime and will require multiple transplants,

At your age 37 your transplant would do quite well your case looks a hard one tho as your loss is quite substantial and the donor doesn't look the strongest, this could be a problem as weak donor hairs do not seem to survive the trauma of a transplant and you will deffo need FUT surgery as you need to move a lot of hair and your donor might struggle to cover the scar. whether your ever be able to receive full coverage I'm not too sure, even tho I myself would never have a transplant at 37 i think in the right hands you could well achieve a better look for yourself,

If indeed your going for a transplant my advice for you do NOT skimp of price go to someone held in high regard

One life live it and don't regret it, if it doesn't work out for you there is always ATP to cover the damage

Regards

Yeah, I may be biased since I already got a hair transplant and plan on going for another. But just because your three friends went to crappy hair surgeons doesn't mean that every single one of them will produce terrible results. I don't think your anecdotal evidence makes a very good argument and sounds to me like its exaggerated. If you want anecdotal evidence you can look at the hundreds of successful hair transplants made with quality surgeons on this one forum alone. But to me, the OP, seems to be justifying why they are too scared to take the plunge and get an HT by exaggerating a the potential downsides that may or may not happen.

Sure, you could experience shock loss, and lose more hair requiring another hair transplant but if you set your expectations right, and choose a quality surgeon the results can be life-changing. I don't think you should state as a matter of fact things that are not even close to the majority of cases. Obviously, you can do what you want with your own head, but to discourage people from getting a hair transplant who could truly benefit from one is a crime. For many, this surgery is life-changing for the better.

I think he makes a great point I don't think he's discouraging anyone he's just just letting people know what they could be in store for, imagine if he done he's transplant when he was 23 and he's lost so much hair in 14 years he could be in a far worse position now especially as he's donor got weak aswell, id never discourage noone I just hope people pick the right time