Reasons I won't be getting a hair transplant

Djlazerblue

I'd never talk anyone out of a transplant because it's their Life and Money, but just maybe 1 person who's feeling low, depressed, low self esteem and will never have the money or for medical reasons can't have a transplant even tho he wants one sees this post and it makes him happy.

It might put a smile on he's face he might reach for the clippers buzz he's head, forget about it and live a happy life, so if my post causes one person to do this is worth it.

So keep hating me for telling the darker side of a transplant that's not spoken about enough here.

I'll keep on living my life and embracing everything thrown and me by it

This whole thread is a study in narcissism, so please spare me the I don't want attention. Despite your 3 years spent on the topic you haven't presented anything that the overwhelming majority of us on this forum didn't know already. Nobody knows who you are, you haven't spent time here posting building friendships, helping other forum members that would require you to come back and inform the forum as to your big final decision, you just came in, a stranger and said let me tell you my thoughts, you need to hear this I could save people in the future. My hero lol...so yes it's an attention thing... but as I said you brought up things some newbies should read so have your moment. It just became obvious you didn't want to just help you wanted to be right, there was no dialogue to be had. Somebody would come in and say I hear what you said, I agree with a lot, and I knew that going in but it changed my life...and you'd shoot back with it's all a gamble, you'll never have the right density, you'll have to keep doing surgeries, your crown may never be right...facts we're aware of, again we've done the research...but you don't want to hear that despite it all many are happy with their choice. Now did some posters cross a line with you, sure, did you cross that line back, absolutely...you have children, would you advise them to act like other ill behaved children? You're not under attack from the majority, we have some differing viewpoints and there is nothing wrong with that, a rational person should be able to see things from both sides. In some instances your decision is the one advise to potential ht'ers and in others I'd say they would be candidates, you seem to only want to hear your own, and that is the problem to me and in your frustration you became judgmental and belittled many in the community you claim to want to help.

I've been here longer than you my friend let's make that clear shall we before you launch into another rant,

I'll point you back to the subject of this topic " reason I won't be getting a hair transplant" take a note of the "I" that's means "me" I'm not telling anybody else apart from myself not to get one, i was actually hoping for people to debate my findings but they can't seem to do that, which tells me they are all correct,

All the other members seem to think is I'm telling people not to get a hair transplant very narrow minded bunch if you ask me

Thanks for sharing, you look like another case where u had a transplant and a later age? As I said previously I think they tend to yield a better results in older men

Well sure the older a guy is and more stableized the hair loss the easier it is , the best results come form older guys who are maybe between a NW 2-4 but I was a solid NW5 bordering on a NW 6 , so a challenging case in its own way .

Of course a younger guy who is destined to be a high NW is going to need more than one transplant as his native hair falls ,but a good doc will take this into account and plan accordingly .

Its the donor hair that is the deciding factor ,and for younger guys I would advise using FUSS as even though I had FUE, FUSS is the best option for them .

Well sure the older a guy is and more stableized the hair loss the easier it is , the best results come form older guys who are maybe between a NW 2-4 but I was a solid NW5 bordering on a NW 6 , so a challenging case in its own way .

Of course a younger guy who is destined to be a high NW is going to need more than one transplant as his native hair falls ,but a good doc will take this into account and plan accordingly .

Its the donor hair that is the deciding factor ,and for younger guys I would advise using FUSS as even though I had FUE, FUSS is the best option for them .

I totally agree, I watched a video by Dr Feller one of the surgeons I highly rate I've seen a lot of he's hairline work and it looks very impressive, in the video he was asked "at what time should you do fue" he's reply was "never" he regards the strip surgery as the best for survival rate and it's correct.

Just to mention the crown again you seem to have a concern with it which is understandable, but with only

4200 grafts my crown is vastly improved not completely but a big difference ,also 'HT soon', a poster here

is well on his way to having his crown filled most people who have looked into having a hair transplant who are high NW'S soon learn they may have to live with some thinning in the crown .

I think you understand my post better than others, your a honest straight talker, I visited so many clinics sitting there listening to there BS just so they could take my money, even when I explained my expectations which I know I could never achieve they still tried to promise me they could deliver that's how I found out who's a no go and whom isnt,

The 3 surgeons I found to be the most ethical and honest was 1 very well known Dr in belguim recommended here, also 1 in Poland whom is also mentioned alot and a uk surgeon who's not as well known as the rest in the UK but he's advice was he does not operate on anyone norwood1-3 as it could cause permenent shock loss and I could end up with less hair than before the surgery, basically said come back when you have lost more hair which I think was the most honest I've heard in the UK

I think you understand my post better than others, your a honest straight talker, I visited so many clinics sitting there listening to there BS just so they could take my money, even when I explained my expectations which I know I could never achieve they still tried to promise me they could deliver that's how I found out who's a no go and whom isnt,

The 3 surgeons I found to be the most ethical and honest was 1 very well known Dr in belguim recommended here, also 1 in Poland whom is also mentioned alot and a uk surgeon who's not as well known as the rest in the UK but he's advice was he does not operate on anyone norwood1-3 as it could cause permenent shock loss and I could end up with less hair than before the surgery, basically said come back when you have lost more hair which I think was the most honest I've heard in the UK

Unfortunately there are clinics who will say anything to get your money , but think we have to remember each case is different I'm pretty sure I know the polish Doc you referred to ,

a very good Doc I spoke to him on the phone , I must admit it does concern me a little

the approach Dr Erdogan takes using a large amounts of grafts on NW 3-4 s but I think the thinking is for these young guys is if it buys them gold time in their 20's early 30's they hopefully will have enough donor when/if they lose more native hair , for a second /third

go, my case was different as pretty much all my hair on top was gone.

DJlazer,

I know there are dozens of replies on this topic, but did you see mine? Also, I know you've already decided against hair transplant surgery for yourself, but perhaps you'd be willing to share some. This may give us a better understanding of your decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

DJlazer,

I know there are dozens of replies on this topic, but did you see mine? Also, I know you've already decided against hair transplant surgery for yourself, but perhaps you'd be willing to share some. This may give us a better understanding of your decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

Yes I saw your post Bill I did reply it must not of gone through.

I commented on how natural your hair line looks and how I wouldn't look twice at it thinking is that a transplant.

What would you like me to share?

Steve

Is this not a hair restoration forum? Think your posting the wrong photos

Whatever...this forum involves cosmetic surgery.

You made a statement about vanity

and being "stronger" for just throwing in the towel

and accepting physical imperfections.

you should post them of your crown,

you've had a lot of grafts probably maxed out and it's still thin

"post more pictures" from a guy that is afraid to post ANY pictures?

a brave and "stronger" warrior wants more pictures!

but is afraid to post even ONE picture of himself!

(vs NINE pictures from me)

probably maxed out?

yeah sure

I'm blessed with plenty of FUE grafts if I ever need them.

Crown still thin?

Even if it was...thin compared to what?...lol

Compared to this?

Terry-_Bradshaw-224915-1-402.jpg

either you used poor surgeons

Bloody well right Hasson & Wong are "weak surgeons"!

Keep digging....

my theory of transplants don't take well in the crown

crowns are a lot more about of follicle management, than "not taking well"

to pretend the look below isn't "a challenge" or "a problem" is laughable

good luck with that look!

premature-balding.jpg

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Whatever...this forum involves cosmetic surgery.

You made a statement about vanity

and being "stronger" for just throwing in the towel

and accepting physical imperfections.

"post more pictures" from a guy that is afraid to post ANY pictures?

a brave and "stronger" warrior wants more pictures!

but is afraid to post even ONE picture of himself!

(vs NINE pictures from me)

probably maxed out?

yeah sure

I'm blessed with plenty of FUE grafts if I ever need them.

Crown still thin?

Even if it was...thin compared to what?...lol

Compared to this?

Terry-_Bradshaw-224915-1-402.jpg

Bloody well right Hasson & Wong are "weak surgeons"!

Keep digging....

crowns are a lot more about of follicle management, than "not taking well"

to pretend the look below isn't "a challenge" or "a problem" is laughable

good luck with that look!

premature-balding.jpg

Now please don't get irrate and stress as we all know it can lead to hair loss

I know how much you like my opinions so I'm giving you one, you have have a shed load of grafts how properly 1/3 didn't survive that's going on an average btw, still your crown is thin and it's not me putting you down its from what I can see its thin I can still see your scalp so you might want to get that touched up because you've shown how vain you are on here

Steve

Now please don't get irrate and stress as we all know it can lead to hair loss. I know how much you like my opinions so I'm giving you one, you have have a shed load of grafts how properly 1/3 didn't survive that's going on an average btw, still your crown is thin and it's not me putting you down its from what I can see its thin I can still see your scalp so you might want to get that touched up because you've shown how vain you are on here Steve

Irate?...nah man....just having fun and trying to learn something.

Your opinions about potential patients getting educated before taking the plunge I agree with 100%....especially young guys that may not realize what the future holds as far as their level of balding to come. Personally I don't think guys under 25 should even consider a transplant.....their balding future is just too unknown.

I do wish it was more about stress and less about DHT.

With that said... dude I don't care what the average is

I know my hair looks tons better.....that's all that matters to me.

What you claim happens "on average"...isn't relevant to me.

And even it was relevant or true....heck I'd just buy 1/3 more than I need.

I don't usually "throw in the towel easily" on anything....I find a way.

You claim my crown is "still thin"

and I say "compared to what"?

My crown is certainly a lot better than it was...

and that was my goal....

my goal was overall improvement.

honestly Steve are you denying over-all improvement?

It is ironic that you are not happy about my transplant, but I am.

Go figure.....

Before_After.jpg

ps: if i need a touch-up later...

I'll order the staff to prepare for my arrival...whatever man...lol

I bet your looking in the mirror now, one mere observation from me and your insecurities are coming out. You properly planning your next procedure on the strength of what I said. I hope that's not the case btw.

I can of course see benefits of surgery, I still think there's something around the corner possibly cloning but we're see.

Yes I totally agree with you for once no one under 25 should have one could even argue under 30, surgeons should be more ethical and turn these dudes away no matter how hard the plead

Steve

I bet your looking in the mirror now, one mere observation from me and your insecurities are coming out. You properly planning your next procedure on the strength of what I said. I hope that's not the case btw.

I can of course see benefits of surgery, I still think there's something around the corner possibly cloning but we're see.

Yes I totally agree with you for once no one under 25 should have one could even argue under 30, surgeons should be more ethical and turn these dudes away no matter how hard the plead

Steve

Good idea, let hair loss sufferers in their 20s suffer even when they've stabilized on fin, despite the fact that you also suggest that a cure is "just around the corner".

There was a Feller result just posted from a guy who fixed his norwood 2 at 20 and it looks great a decade down the track. But again, you'd just rather people suffer.

You're such a nonsensical prick.

Good idea, let hair loss sufferers in their 20s suffer even when they've stabilized on fin, despite the fact that you also suggest that a cure is "just around the corner".

There was a Feller result just posted from a guy who fixed his norwood 2 at 20 and it looks great a decade down the track. But again, you'd just rather people suffer.

You're such a nonsensical prick.

Is there any need to personally insult me with such disgusting language?

please don't comment if your going to be so abusive I have no time for people like you

Is there any need to personally insult me with such disgusting language?

please don't comment if your going to be so abusive I have no time for people like you

I'd have hoped that by the time someone is married with kids they would know the difference of "your" and "you're".

Don't act like you're innocent, you've spent half this thread calling people insecure and lashing out at them. You call people insecure for addressing issues they have in their life because you want to drag them down to your level, and then you say doctors shouldn't operate on people in their 20s for no apparent reason, but I'm sure it's because you enjoy other people suffering.

Personally I don't see how anyone can see the work "prick" as disgusting language, it's just another way of saying that you come across like an asshole. If you call half the thread insecure over opting for transplants that have made them feel better about themselves then yes, you are an asshole, or a prick or any other word that describes someone with unattractive personality traits.

Again, transplants are about someone deciding they want to be the best version of themselves they can. It's like saying it doesn't matter if you wear a Prada suit or one you picked up from the second hand store, because "confidence is what matters". Sorry, but this is the real world and appearance matters. If you've looked at hair transplants for 3 years like you say you have you'd know transplants can be the difference between looking attractive or looking like a homeless bum.

How old are you Steve?....You're funny man.

Yes I admit I look in the mirror everyday, but primarily to tie my neck tie before work.

Honestly, my "mirror worries" have dropped enormously from 5 years ago.

I can not express how much better getting ready everyday is now.

And that's the point really....I am way more happy with my hair now.

No my hair is not my 17 year old hair, but my hair is worlds away from where it was not long ago.

It better be right? After all I've gone through to arrive at this point...

Like I said....this isn't for everybody, ya gotta really, really want to do this.

It's a journey most are not equipped to take.

But I found it very rewarding.

I think anyone in the hair transplant world knows there could always be

another one down the road...heck I may arrange to have one after I croak

so I appear my best at my funeral viewing. That could be a first! :)

Yes I agree completely. You younger guys should see some major breakthroughs as you age. No doubt about it.

I too am sometimes surprised when I see respected clinics performing procedures on like a 22 year old kid....but I suppose if the kid is fully informed of the dangers and still demands it...I dunno. Personally I don't think I would perform the surgery no matter what the kid demanded....I would tell him, ethically I can't do it. For my first surgery way back when, the doctor held like a seminar in a hotel meeting room where he explained transplants to a group of like 20 guys. At the end he visited with every guy that attended. I was surprised Dr. Stough turned down like 95% of the interested guys and said things like "come back in a few years", "I can't work on you as you have an unpredictable "leaky bucket" pattern. That really impressed me that Dr. Stough was ethical and honest with patients when he knew they could be unhappy years later.

Edited by Shampoo

How old are you Steve?....You're funny man.

Yes I admit I look in the mirror everyday, but primarily to tie my neck tie before work

Honestly, my "mirror worries" have dropped enormously from 5 years ago.

I can not express how much better getting ready everyday is now.

And that's the point really....I am way more happy with my hair now.

No my hair is not my 17 year old hair, but my hair is worlds away from where it was not long ago.

It better be right? After all I've gone through to arrive at this point...

Like I said....this isn't for everybody, ya gotta really, really want to do this.

It's a journey most are not equipped to take.

But I found it very rewarding.

I think anyone in the hair transplant world knows there could always be

another one down the road...heck I may arrange to have one after I croak

so I appear my best at my funeral viewing. That could be a first! :)

Yes I agree completely. You younger guys should see some major breakthroughs as you age. No doubt about it.

I too am sometimes surprised when I see respected clinics performing procedures on like a 22 year old kid....but I suppose if the kid is fully informed of the dangers and still demands it...I dunno. Personally I don't think I would perform the surgery no matter what the kid demanded....I would tell him, ethically I can't do it. For my first surgery way back when, the doctor held like a seminar in a hotel meeting room where he explained transplants to a group of like 20 guys. At the end he visited with every guy that attended. I was surprised Dr. Stough turned down like 95% of the interested guys and said things like "come back in a few years", "I can't work on you as you have an unpredictable "leaky bucket" pattern. That really impressed me that Dr. Stough was ethical and honest with patients when he knew they could be unhappy years later.

Yeah, look up James Taylor 1979 Live. He's got awesome hair. In his early 20s. 10 years later he was a solid 3 going 4.. now, well....

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

DJ,

Thanks for your comments. I don't recall your response to my initial comments however, like you said, maybe they didn't go through.

That said, it would be helpful if you posted some photos showing your scalp and current level of hair loss. I know you've decided to accept your current hair loss condition and not proceed with surgery. But I think for those of us reading and participating, it would give us a better understanding and appreciation for your personal decision to see photos of your actual scalp and hair loss.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Irate?...nah man....just having fun and trying to learn something.

Your opinions about potential patients getting educated before taking the plunge I agree with 100%....especially young guys that may not realize what the future holds as far as their level of balding to come. Personally I don't think guys under 25 should even consider a transplant.....their balding future is just too unknown.

I do wish it was more about stress and less about DHT.

With that said... dude I don't care what the average is

I know my hair looks tons better.....that's all that matters to me.

What you claim happens "on average"...isn't relevant to me.

And even it was relevant or true....heck I'd just buy 1/3 more than I need.

I don't usually "throw in the towel easily" on anything....I find a way.

You claim my crown is "still thin"

and I say "compared to what"?

My crown is certainly a lot better than it was...

and that was my goal....

my goal was overall improvement.

honestly Steve are you denying over-all improvement?

It is ironic that you are not happy about my transplant, but I am.

Go figure.....

Before_After.jpg

ps: if i need a touch-up later...

I'll order the staff to prepare for my arrival...whatever man...lol

Don't listen to this Steve guy, your HT looks great!! I too did 2-3 years research before going with Dr Feriduni in Belgium (I'm from the UK) I had FUT, had a bit of numbness for a few months, now 1 year later I'm delighted with the results. I'm in my 50's but people say I don't look it, and that was before my HT!!

May go for a crown touch up in future, who knows, I'm not on any meds, may look into rogaine or wait until something better comes along!! I think within the next 5-6 years cloning will be perfected and we can all choose if we want a full head of hair again ....or not!!

IMG_3076.thumb.jpg.92c35edf646663ce7706c1ee8d8cf7bd.jpg

IMG_8264.thumb.jpg.99410bdf2d1b67752b999fa5b44d2fdb.jpg

Edited by PJFS
Spelling mistake

Thanks PJFS...it's funny these guys that conclude a hair transplant isn't right for them, then go on to assume a hair transplant is not right for anybody else either.

• 2 weeks later...