Why Not Farjo?

lfcfan

Hi All,

I joined this forum to research hair transplants and am more confused than ever in choosing a surgeon. I am looking at getting a fue hair transplant to lower my hairline (I have a high forehead and my kids make fun of it all the time...they say kids dont lie!:mad: ). Its got to the point that I dont like getting my picture taken. As I live close to manchester I was going to look at going to Farjo but dont see that many recommendations for him when it comes to Fue. Is there any particular reason why other surgeons are recommended for FUE over farjo and if so who (would be great if we had a poll on here to see overall who comes out top)?

How do people hide what they have had done if you have to travel by plane to a surgeon? Am quite a reserved person already and to turn up at the airport with a shaved head with red marks, not sure how I would handle that (i know it sounds pathetic, but I guess this is the best place to share my concern:p )

I also have a few other questions? Am really conscious of people knowing I have had a hair transplant. I wouldnt suit my head being shaved. Can you have fue without your head being shaved (especially the recipient area which in my case would be my front hairline).

Cost is not a major factor to me but more interested in choosing the right surgeon to give the most realistic results.

Any further advice I would appreciate as would like to start reaching out to recommended surgeons ASAP.

thanks

Pete

I decided not go with Farjo, because I believe he is more of a strip surgeon and there are very few examples of FUE results on his website. I only wanted a surgeon that used a manual device for extractions.

My first two operations were with Dr De Reys in Belgium who used to be recommended on here, and you will have to take a cap off (if you are wearing one when you get to airport security), but I don't suspect airport security will be bothered. You could travel back a few days later if you are really concerned. I did not really mind.

My third operation was with Dr Raghu Reddy who is recommended on here. He posts some great results. Definitely worth checking out, as I think his results stand up to most doctors. If money is not an issue, you won't go wrong with him, Lorenzo (Spain), Bisanga or Lupanzula (both Belgium).

Have a few consultations and see who you feel the most comfortable with.

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

P.S., you can have a FUE without having your head shaved, but the yield is not as good (according to Dr Reddy, as we had a chat about it). Some doctors offer this, and others don't.

If you do have your head shaved, have the FUE at the start of a 2 or 3 week holiday and you will be fine. I actually shaved my head before my very first FUE, so no one knew.

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

Dr. Farjo is considered quite behind the times when it comes to FUE and is substantially more expensive than the not so far away Belgian and Turk FUE masters.

+1 wouldn't reccomend the non shaved FUE, it's slower, more expensive, usually the yield is lower and it makes it harder to place the incisions effectively.

The best hairline doctor in my opinion is without a doubt Dr. Keser in Istanbul, but he only does 500-700 grafts a day which might be a problem.

Erdogan in Istanbul is getting equivalent if not better results than the Belgians for a much cheaper price, but Lupanzula and Bisanga are also great doctors.

Hi All,

I joined this forum to research hair transplants and am more confused than ever in choosing a surgeon. I am looking at getting a fue hair transplant to lower my hairline (I have a high forehead and my kids make fun of it all the time...they say kids dont lie!:mad: ). Its got to the point that I dont like getting my picture taken. As I live close to manchester I was going to look at going to Farjo but dont see that many recommendations for him when it comes to Fue. Is there any particular reason why other surgeons are recommended for FUE over farjo and if so who (would be great if we had a poll on here to see overall who comes out top)?

How do people hide what they have had done if you have to travel by plane to a surgeon? Am quite a reserved person already and to turn up at the airport with a shaved head with red marks, not sure how I would handle that (i know it sounds pathetic, but I guess this is the best place to share my concern:p )

I also have a few other questions? Am really conscious of people knowing I have had a hair transplant. I wouldnt suit my head being shaved. Can you have fue without your head being shaved (especially the recipient area which in my case would be my front hairline).

Cost is not a major factor to me but more interested in choosing the right surgeon to give the most realistic results.

Any further advice I would appreciate as would like to start reaching out to recommended surgeons ASAP.

thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

We now regularly perform FUE and have done so for a few years now. I've added a few links to some results below for you to check out:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178985-dr-farjo-1554-grafts-fue.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181950-dr-b-farjo-1533-grafts-manual-fue.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183602-dr-b-farjo-2270-grafts-fue.html (this one includes an in-depth explanation of our fue procedure)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186591-dr-b-farjo-2000-fue.html

If I can help any further just ask.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Pete,

I think it's great that Dr. Farjo is doing more regular FUE. It would be great if you could present more regular examples of it, especially because it seems like a lot of people still aren't aware that Dr. Farjo regularly performs the FUE procedure. But the results you posted links to definitely look good.

Keep up the good work.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill,

I'm sure we'll be posting more and more FUE cases in the future - in fact the last three cases I've posted have all been FUE procedures.

Regards

Pete

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks Bill,

I'm sure we'll be posting more and more FUE cases in the future - in fact the last three cases I've posted have all been FUE procedures.

Regards

Pete

I spoke to mick from your clinic very nice bloke I shall ad you've produced some good results on some well known people.

Is the reason you still perform mostly FUT is because it's more superior than FUE when it comes to transecting and growth ?

I spoke to mick from your clinic very nice bloke I shall ad you've produced some good results on some well known people.

Is the reason you still perform mostly FUT is because it's more superior than FUE when it comes to transecting and growth ?

Thanks Djlazerblue,

Traditionally it's been accepted that FUE can give a lower yield and risk of transection as you mention, but in the right hands these risks can be greatly decreased.

As FUE has become increasingly popular we are finding more and more of our patients are requesting this method. That said, there are still cases where the more sensible approach may be FUT. Of course no two cases are the same and only after an in-depth examination of the patient and consideration of his family hair loss history do we advise which method we would recommend.

DJ,

I know there are a lot of topics related to the controversy surrounding FUT "versus" FUE as if somehow they must or have to compete. But the reality is, both procedures are viable and in my opinion, combining them is the best way to maximize your donor and get the most natural looking and dense result.

Best wishes,

Bill