If you see positive reviews of Colorado Hair Institute in Lone Tree Colorado...

Dzl210

Consider this a warning about who is writing them. One screenshot is Colorado Hair Institute, the other is Virginia Surgical Center ran by his ex wife.

Screenshot_20170419-200605.jpg.21313e11086de10184cb5a62f3fd662b.jpg

Screenshot_20170420-171334.jpg.c99e7a2f0f63f292222d8427434ad940.jpg

Edited by Dzl210

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now "Bricks B" has changed their review after I made this post.

Apparently this person is also "Nationwide Service Inc."

Screenshot_20170604-205949.jpg.85a69addabd2f507950338ab8be56d1a.jpg

Screenshot_20170604-211202.thumb.jpg.6edbafc7a160c6039da90de7a5a0be87.jpg

Edited by Dzl210

• 1 month later...

I have planned to go to this clinic, and I had written off some of the bad reviews, since I could not find any legal proceedings or criminal records. However, sometimes it is more about what we don't see.

All communication has been via email and I plan to fly to Denver.

I started looking at their website for information to provide to my primary care physician so that we don't overlook potential medication interactions. While looking, I noticed that there is not a medical doctor credited, yet a surgeon is profiled prominently as a "Gold Standard" level provider.

When asked, via email, the response was to direct me to the page about the surgeon, identified as the Medical Director,

And now, I have run across this thread. So I have pressed further, with an email to the clinic, asking the name of the licensed medical doctor. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I have started entertaining the idea that possibly, Medical Director, or "MD" is a slight of hand. That would be unfortunate. An M.D is not the same as an MD is not the same as a D. Med. And, I am pretty sure an M.D. is not a doctor at all, so if the surgeon is credentialed as an M.D. that is most likely legal, but shady as hell.

Even though the price is great, it is not about the money when it comes to vanity and self-confidence.

I had an FUT procedure about 12 years ago, and I could not have been happier. The surgeon was a licensed medical doctor. Now I am old enough to benefit from a second and final FUT, and unfortunately doctor is retired.

Thank you for this thread. You quite possibly saved me a great deal of embarrassment, time, and money.

I will let you know how the clinic responds to my request for the credentials of the surgeon.

I could write a book on my experience with this clinic and dirt I've found. Basically all you need to know is "Chris" isn't his real name. It's Don Stanly McTyre and that should be an instant red flag that he operates under an alias. Another review has popped up under the name of the woman who did my second transplant at this clinic. The "surgeon" who worked on me was an ex military surgeon who couldn't tell my prior scar from a "sports injury". He started sewing me up and began cussing, he had to yell for help so Catherine sewed me up. Her only license is a nail technician that I've been able to find.

Screenshot_20170725-043402.jpg.1b7f2f58076af99beaa0f19b36266b0e.jpg

Edited by Dzl210

Thank you for responding.

All I keep thinking is that surely no one is that brazen, or foolish.

But to ease my mind, I just ran a quick license and public record check on that business.

There are no licensed physicians, surgeons, or even an esthetician registered and connected to that business. Of course registering to a business may or may not be a requirement in Colorado. However, in my world, a medical degree is required of anyone going scalpel to scalp on me.

In fairness, and now curiosity, I will wait for their response to the request for credentials and if it appears they are being evasive, I will cancel.

I have to kind of be careful what I say, I'm under a cease and desist and they've brought on full legal threats to me. Under Colorado Law, you can't sue a clinic, you can only sue a doctor. As you said, they don't have any suits and I've only known one person to try. That's how I got that info. Good luck, hope you didn't pay a deposit.

I received a response from the clinic.

Since I felt a may have been a little too quick rush to judgement after reading their response, I decided to verify, as best I could, the information I was provided.

Keep in mind, I did not dig very deep. Also, as noted below, I did not verify one of the statements due it being a semantic nightmare if I were to counter the claim.

• “In Colorado, an MD, a PA (physician's assistant), or an NP (nurse practitioner) can perform hair restoration.” (DID NOT VERIFY)
    • The words surgeon and surgery were omitted from the statement.
    • Hair restoration includes non-surgical procedures such as wigs and hair pieces.
    • Parsing state regulations is a job better left to anyone but me.

• “XXXX is an NP”
    • The NP credential is not listed on the the clinic surgeons profile page of the clinic website.
    • According to the Colorado Dept. of Regulatory Agencies - Colorado Medical Board, there is 1 person with that name that is a licensed Nurse Practitioner in Colorado. That person has listed their employer, and it is not this clinic.

This information is not to suggest that the clinic is being deceitful or that anyone working there is not credentialed, licensed, or competent at their job. However, I personally am not satisfied with the alignment of what I was told and how I interpret my own verification.

• 2 weeks later...
I received a response from the clinic.

Since I felt a may have been a little too quick rush to judgement after reading their response, I decided to verify, as best I could, the information I was provided.

Keep in mind, I did not dig very deep. Also, as noted below, I did not verify one of the statements due it being a semantic nightmare if I were to counter the claim.

• “In Colorado, an MD, a PA (physician's assistant), or an NP (nurse practitioner) can perform hair restoration.” (DID NOT VERIFY)
    • The words surgeon and surgery were omitted from the statement.
    • Hair restoration includes non-surgical procedures such as wigs and hair pieces.
    • Parsing state regulations is a job better left to anyone but me.

• “XXXX is an NP”
    • The NP credential is not listed on the the clinic surgeons profile page of the clinic website.
    • According to the Colorado Dept. of Regulatory Agencies - Colorado Medical Board, there is 1 person with that name that is a licensed Nurse Practitioner in Colorado. That person has listed their employer, and it is not this clinic.

This information is not to suggest badminton betting odds for triumphing everywhen and everywhere that the clinic is being deceitful or that anyone working there is not credentialed, licensed, or competent at their job. However, I personally am not satisfied with the alignment of what I was told and how I interpret my own verification.

Thanks for sharing. Overall good and useful points

Edited by annawarren

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in contact with Dr. Harris to fix the mess Colorado Hair Institute gave me. I noticed another Yelp review that appears to be Colorado Hair Institute slandering Dr. Harris. I informed Dr. Harris and he confirmed that isn't a patient of his.

At this point, I'm using this thread also as recorded evidence against them as well as a warning. I had more screenshots on my phone that I lost.

Also attaching a review that states "Dr. McTyre" when he isn't a doctor in case it can be proven to be him who wrote it. He's not a doctor.

Screenshot_20170823-044612.jpg.529502f6b96c3510c1e6878fb798e9a5.jpg

Screenshot_20170823-044543.jpg.754d442dbbd396925374cbfe55270517.jpg

Screenshot_20170823-044945.jpg.324649b63b11f56bbd6fd34ff2b692c2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's been 13 months post fut at Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute and I'm not happy at all. It actually looks like it's gotten worse in the past two months. I have spoken to Chris and he's offered to do a redo of the front hairline at no cost other than I'd have to cover my own travel expenses, but honestly I don't think I want to risk going back there. Anybody have any thoughts/advise?

20180411_081425-1.thumb.jpg.75f1923a3e78dc47b489240cf9a7ca43.jpg

20180411_081432-1.thumb.jpg.a3dc39b97a8da4b152c1818e52a93671.jpg