ASMED - Koray Erdogan - 3070 Grafts (April 10th)

JayLDD

This is a great outcome, and I think you have every reason to be happy.

With regards to this photo, how do you feel about the naturalness of the hairline when you pull back the hair? I mean, does it seem soft and as natural as your native hairline before the surgery?

There's been significant textural changes over the past 3 months or so which still continue to get better, but the hair is definitely thicker and also slightly darker than the original hairline. I knew this would be the case because my original hairline and hair in the temple point region is almost colourless and extremely fine which is very different than the back and the sides which isn't the case for most people. It still blends with the hair behind it very nicely however and doesn't make a difference because my whole frontal area has been replaced or reinforced though. No problems wearing the front with the hairline exposed when its shorter.

In terms of naturalness I have absolutely no issues. I didn't take Koray's advice on the hairline design initially which in retrospect was a bad choice as I thought it would look better more rounded, but this isn't a big issue as I knew from day one I wanted a second run through and to go slightly more aggressive with it especially in the temple area so this would have changed anyway. To be honest I don't think the hairline design is completely natural, but again I can hardly complain when I asked for the adjustments and they reiterated a number of times to speak up if I had any issues.

I haven't had significant amounts of new growth the past few months but interestingly a few balding friends who I mentioned the procedure to have said they thought it looked significantly improved from when I last saw them 2-3 months ago and have asked for details on transplants, medication etc.

• 1 month later...

70 grafts free, plus 3000x2.5, in Euros. Add another 50-100 for dinners while you're there depending on how long you're staying.

Roughly 12 months.

Second procedure in roughly a month. 2500 grafts total for density in the frontal third along closing off the temples a bit better and some in the crown which was previously untouched.

IMG_0709-27-03-18-12-03.thumb.jpg.bcce96899832d1d76849d32acd8990fa.jpg

Roughly 12 months.

Second procedure in roughly a month. 2500 grafts total for density in the frontal third along closing off the temples a bit better and some in the crown which was previously untouched.

Where are you having then put mate? Where is the frontal third located? You look fantastic

Where are you having then put mate? Where is the frontal third located? You look fantastic

Pic with the lines is from like 9 months btw. Frontal third as in behind the hairline for areas that didn't get enough grafts, going back into the recessed areas moving into the midscalp. And the crown there.

P1110159.thumb.jpg.e4dc78d6bc9bb35259dbcab34f36d9cc.jpg

sent.jpg.1ee6648b6f4757d7d6c056c306af3bb0.jpg

Pic with the lines is from like 9 months btw. Frontal third as in behind the hairline for areas that didn't get enough grafts, going back into the recessed areas moving into the midscalp. And the crown there.

So you mean he will fill in the front area from your first operation? I was under the impression that you can only squeeze in so many grafts in an area? Do you know if its easier to create higher density in two different operations that are a time apart?

So you mean he will fill in the front area from your first operation? I was under the impression that you can only squeeze in so many grafts in an area? Do you know if its easier to create higher density in two different operations that are a time apart?

No surgeon is going to place the absolute maximum density of grafts behind the hairline that are physically possible in a first procedure, especially on a NW3 with diffusing and vertex thinning. Some areas on one side going even further back than the prior procedure did at the temples need a touch up and the further back he went the less dense the placement was. Right back into the midscalp in the temple channels. It is indeed easier to create a higher density over two separate operations and it lowers risk, but one procedure is enough for a density that gives the illusion of not having hairloss for most hair types and those under NW4.

Will you consider switching back to using your DSLR camera? The photos with your phone are terrible compared to the DSLR photos you were taking outside, like this one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=108557&d=1496884125

I'd like to see your hairline with this kind of photo, dry, and brushed back.

I'll do one more for a 12 month update before I go to Turkey end of this month. To be honest I stopped because around the 7-8 month mark I was happy with things and couldn't be bothered.

I'll do one more for a 12 month update before I go to Turkey end of this month. To be honest I stopped because around the 7-8 month mark I was happy with things and couldn't be bothered.

it's helpful to other people at the start of the journey though, did anyone on here help you at the start?

it's helpful to other people at the start of the journey though, did anyone on here help you at the start?

Totally get what you're saying, but considering I booked a second procedure at ASMED about 4 months ago they will get done at the 12 month mark regardless in a professional setup. Deb1982, Hamburger and Yaz 's experiences were especially worthwhile.

Totally get what you're saying, but considering I booked a second procedure at ASMED about 4 months ago they will get done at the 12 month mark regardless in a professional setup. Deb1982, Hamburger and Yaz 's experiences were especially worthwhile.

so ur happy with erdogan's work? have you gotten your second procedure yet?

so ur happy with erdogan's work? have you gotten your second procedure yet?

Second procedure is end of the month, overall very happy but want a slightly less receeded hairline, the crown which was untouched needed work and on one side the density going back into the midscalp is lacking. Couldn't have achieved what I wanted in a single procedure.

• 5 months later...

Good stuff mate.... I just came back from Asmed on Friday (also met another aussie out there at Asmed!). At what point during your 1st HT recovery did you approach them about the 2nd transplant? Didn't they say just wait until 12 months fully before they book you in? And also you said before the 2nd HT that you wanted to bring the temples in more to create more youthful look but It didn't seem like you had this done? 

12 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

Good stuff mate.... I just came back from Asmed on Friday (also met another aussie out there at Asmed!). At what point during your 1st HT recovery did you approach them about the 2nd transplant? Didn't they say just wait until 12 months fully before they book you in? And also you said before the 2nd HT that you wanted to bring the temples in more to create more youthful look but It didn't seem like you had this done? 

I think it was at around the 8th month. They did make clear that graft numbers were up in the air until it was inspected by Koray, but I was looking to cover the crown which was previously untouched, and also lower the hairline so it didn't matter when it was done, it was new areas being covered mostly. Also at 8 months it was fairly obvious what the final results would look like, and the first available date was over a year from the first procedure.

I did consider work on the temples, but ultimately thought it was smarter to cover the crown, add density to previously transplanted areas and get the same of the hairline perfect. My temple points aren't pronounced and are a little thin, but I don't think they have actually changed much even from when I was a teenager. Looking at a couple of photos the second procedure approach is fairly similar to my natural pre-hairloss appearance. 

3 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

JL,

did you experience any scalp tenderness or itching once the initial shedding began in the recipient? Also, how soon after surgery did ur shedding start?

Shedding about two weeks subsequent. Scalp tenderness in the donor for possibly a month but after ten days or so nothing to bad. Huge itching issues for the first 3 months or so. 

17 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

Shedding about two weeks subsequent. Scalp tenderness in the donor for possibly a month but after ten days or so nothing to bad. Huge itching issues for the first 3 months or so. 

Thanks that helps. No tenderness in the recipient however?

1 minute ago, jj51702 said:

Thanks that helps. No tenderness in the recipient however?

None that I noticed. The first procedure the area was VERY numb for maybe 4 months, this time round virtually none of the same issue. Smaller area covered this time however.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, JohnMelb1234 said:

Hey, just reading this for the first time today. Looks great! How is your hair now? Thanks

1E3F2C8D-DBA0-464D-A822-F23DE9A0A2A5.thumb.png.9a94b26d6f745c2637ebac437e39e0bf.png

1DE0D1BD-C3AC-46DE-84D2-60CBD448006D.png

516B0927-8B19-484D-BC5A-DB29EBD684E7.jpeg

Edited by JayLDD