ASMED - Koray Erdogan - 3070 Grafts (April 10th)

JayLDD

• 3 weeks later...

Looking pretty messy right now, gotta get a haircut and even the natives out with the transplants then I'll post an update.

• 2 weeks later...

7 Months

Things have slowed down the past few weeks, getting bored of updates and thinking about hair at this point and satisfied with where its at. No longer worried about it.

In saying that there are small issues like the left side is slightly less dense and in particular there is a small patch behind the hairline that didn't get enough grafts implanted, not a yield issue but simply not enough density. Also I would like to close the temple areas slightly and add maybe 20% density all over in the previously bare parts of the frontal third. Crown probably needs 800-100 grafts to be where I want it as well.

Probably looking at 2500 grafts to get where I want to finish up.

Almost been a year now on finasteride, no sides, slight improvement in the crown and midscalp peaking at about month 5-6. No further losses. Not in any hurry for another procedure but depending on my finances will probably look for another one in the next 18 months. Overall very happy with ASMED and of course their hospitality at the clinic is impeccable, so would definitely go back to them for a future procedure.

Will probably update again at 12 months, or maybe 10 if there's a noticeable improvement. Maybe occasional phone pic indoors.

5b32f705d6854_Edit1.jpg.33581725a58b501f7a3d2c71b382f207.jpg

5b32f705e9871_Edit2.jpg.65a87903c48444fda6bf97f23f9bd2d9.jpg

Looking great Jean. Hope you see some further improvement. I would be very happy with your current result.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

• 2 weeks later...

Growth looks good. I really don't understand why so many surgeons do this simple curved hairline, though. The majority of caucasian men have some slight temple recession as they get older so why would anyone want to have a juvenile hairline?

Growth looks good. I really don't understand why so many surgeons do this simple curved hairline, though. The majority of caucasian men have some slight temple recession as they get older so why would anyone want to have a juvenile hairline?

Honestly the initial one he drew was more natural in retrospect but for some reason when it was drawn on I thought it should be more curved and asked him to change it, so I don't blame him, but I agree with you it isn't perfect. The problem isn't a lack of temple recession, it's the overly curved shape.

There is definitely some small visible temple recession left, it isn't juvenile NW1 territory. I actually want to go for a more point and less round hairline and close off some of that remaining temple recession in future, small alteration but I want it to look a tad more youthful. Look at a guy in their mid 50s like Brad Pitt with a juvenile hairline, is anyone really complaining? For most people it simply looks better.

Look at a guy in their mid 50s like Brad Pitt with a juvenile hairline, is anyone really complaining? For most people it simply looks better.

Yeah, just be careful because those grafts could be more useful elsewhere. I think chasing a youthful hairline to excess creates problems in the future. Think 40, 50, 60, and beyond. A little recession looks good on many people and it's an indictator of physical maturity. It also guides the natural part.

And keep in mind the rule of thirds. A forehead that is shorter than the length of the nose tends to look less balanced.

Hey that’s some awesome results.. ur hair looks thick ..

I’m about to have my transplant in a month . N I’m so nervous ..

jean u had a lot of hair in the forelock already .. did he transplant into those existing hairs ? Did u get any recepient shockloss of ur native hair from it ?

Also was ur hair follicle thick? Fine ?

I’m asking cuz I have fine / miniaturized hair n I’m worried that my native won’t survive the shockloss.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Booked a second surgery for late April with ASMED, going for 2000-2500 mainly to close off the temple areas in the hairline a bit more, add density to the frontal third and throw some in the crown too.

Hi JeanLDD,

You look great already at 9 months mark. Glad to hear that you are happy and optimistic with the results so far.

By the way, could you upload some photos with your hair pushed back so that I can see the hairline improvement closely?

Hi JeanLDD,

You look great already at 9 months mark. Glad to hear that you are happy and optimistic with the results so far.

By the way, could you upload some photos with your hair pushed back so that I can see the hairline improvement closely?

Desired hairline, original and some others.

_DSC6520.thumb.jpg.ebbf928791289301d71cce55b1131728.jpg

dry.thumb.jpg.dd2e7315bfc16d71187b75149bef13d7.jpg

sent.jpg.7f0d7c85a3c286e6043ee8b67a970f61.jpg

IMG_7789-18-11-17-11-38.thumb.jpg.1e2bb5ccfafbeba6b3d4efd72f23cbbf.jpg

Happy for ya JLD. Here's hoping the 2nd round is as big of a success. Then, hopefully, easy street for a good few years, eh? :P

Should be, finished university end of last year, assuming a good result having the hair issues out of the way and off the mind end of April, then ready for full time work starting in August just when things are starting to sprout and look nice. Worked out very well.

Hope any younger guys interested in a transplant with good candidacy and the funds get something out of my case too if they see it, despite the meme against getting a transplant in your early 20s its been a hugely beneficial decision for me to get this out the way before I had the responsibility of full time work, leaving home, bills etc.

Great results so far! You're right your hair really came along a lot after 5 months! Once you got to the 5 months period could you see any more hairs coming through? I don't see any now and it makes me worry I have no more to come.

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

Great results so far! You're right your hair really came along a lot after 5 months! Once you got to the 5 months period could you see any more hairs coming through? I don't see any now and it makes me worry I have no more to come.

It slows down but I think roughly 20% have trickled through randomly after the main spurt from 3.5-4.5 months. A lot of your hairs seem to be very thin and wispy too and I suspect that will improve, it did in my case. I wouldn't hit the panic button until around 10 months. Yours doesn't look much worse than mine at 5 and you seemed to start growth a little later.

If I'm being totally honest I don't think you'll get a perfecto result on balance of probabilities given your current situation, but likely a worthwhile cosmetic improvement especially in another 3-4 months. Some growth likely still to come and a lot of improvement in thickening and texture. Adding a bit of length will help overall too.

This is a great outcome, and I think you have every reason to be happy.

With regards to this photo, how do you feel about the naturalness of the hairline when you pull back the hair? I mean, does it seem soft and as natural as your native hairline before the surgery?

5b32f955125ef_ScreenShot2018-02-12at2_46_43AM.jpg.38f159f18a0cb32198b23998a605e13a.jpg