Top doc costs?

it varies, depending on where you go. You can look at anywhere between 5 and 10 us per graft in the US and Canada and somewhere between 3 and 6 euros per graft in Europe seems to be about average.

So $12 per graft is not that unusual?

No I would say it's unusual, it's significantly higher than average. Dr Konior is widely regarded as the best US doc on the forums and he's a steal compared to that. I know some of the New York based docs head towards 10 but thats usually on the higher end. I haven't seen any charge 12 personally

FUE will be about $7 (US) or 6€ (euro)per graft, and FUT might be about $4 or 3.5€

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

mikeyhwk knows his stuff, and none of the elite ones even in N. America charge $12 so stay away from that surgeon charging those high fees.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Not only should FUE prices be in the average range, but the doctor should perform the surgical aspects of surgery, not techs or nurses. $12 is a lot.

Ive heard of $4 through $8 followers for US for most part. Euro, it can be cheaper. Asian countries even much cheaper. India, also well priced. But definitely ask a doctor of their surgical protocol before you step in the chair. A doctor whose brand your interested in and one that is marketed online, should be the one that is active in your surgery.

Best of luck.

In California I found $4 per graft for FUT and $8 per graft for FUE to be the standard.
That's a good rule of thumb for pricing across the United States for doctors that do procedures by graft.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Can anyone tell me the avg. per FUE cost of the top doctors?

US docs will charge up to $10. My procedure with Rahal was $8 Canadian so with the favorable exchange rate it was less in US

$12 is definitely outside the average range and excessive unless there are other services provided with the procedure such as PRP injections or other ancillary services, excellent post-op care, etc.

That being said, do your research, ask alot of questions, know what you're getting, and be informed,- if a Top Doc with excellent results was charging $12 per FUE graft and I wanted my procedure done by him or her, I would pay it because I believe you get what your pay for in the end ..

good luck

if a Top Doc with excellent results was charging $12 per FUE graft and I wanted my procedure done by him or her, I would pay it because I believe you get what your pay for in the end ..

good luck

Agreed, if it was one of the top docs charging $12 for a small or tiny procedure due to a hectic schedule and trying to squeeze you in it would't really surprise me.

How many grafts are you having done?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 1 month later...
So is the current pricing for Rahal still $8 FUE and $4 for FUT in Canadian dollars? Any info about current pricing is appreciated. Thanks.

His fut was never 4 dollars. It cost me 4.35 in 2013, and around 4.45 in

Other then what was mentioned, some doctors offer special pricing around certain timeframes that may be discounted. Example: for short time offering $6 per graft FUE initially

Some docs you can even negotiate with behind the scenes. Listen i am getting 2800 grafts with you can you do for $6.50 or match another fue providers price? Etc etc.

It all depends on the complexity of your case. If it is a easy case then sometimes you can get what you want. If it is a complex repair cae, maybe not?

Some docs will even give you discounts for coming in on cancellations. Some will give you discounts even when you share or show videos and are willing to be their showcase.

So if paient A pays $8, patient B may pay $6 around the same time depending on how and what you negotiate.

$12 a graft is not worth it considering the alternatives no matter who you're going to. I hope OP isn't some rich kid who thinks he's going to go to the most expensive surgeon just to show off. Like others have said, when you have others such as Konior who many consider to be the best FUE surgeon in the US paying $12 is just silly.