Around 2,300 grafts with Dr. Diep

I had my HT with Dr. Diep two weeks ago (March 24th) and feel he's probably the best surgeon I could have chosen.

I was originally scheduled for 2,000 grafts, but he ended up doing 2,275.

1's: 546

2's: 902

3's: 604

4's: 223

Total: 2275

The procedure went well, but I was on the lighter side prior to the operation (maybe 145lb, 5'8""). The donor area hurt the most during the surgery while placing the grafts felt like I was shaving - no pain at all. Dr. Diep noticed I was a bit out of it after lunch so he put me on an IV as well. His staff was very professional and tried to ensure I was relaxed and well taken care of.

The only discomfort I've felt is in the donor area. It's still a bit swollen and itchy. Other than that the scabbing has mostly fallen off from the recipient area. Hoping to speed up the healing before work on Monday to reduce the redness (been using aloe vera.)

I uploaded a pics prior to surgery, after surgery, and at about 2 weeks post-HT.

IMG_4733.JPG.e9aff9cc7d486d506d7d23366c979715.JPG

FullSizeRender-2.jpg.5feeb39fd11a1dd7dcf1dc2393b6cf8e.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg.ca97515be3c9cc6a199b71745db818b0.jpg

IMG_4597.thumb.jpg.ffc272131e09f53c1749a4bbbe1d7919.jpg

IMG_4602.thumb.jpg.43e57a15e674b779faa875e1b28db61f.jpg

IMG_4723.thumb.jpg.d1c7adfd49c19bb9d16cd942ed603df2.jpg

Edited by Oscarito

Oscar,

Graduations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Diep. I agree that he is an excellent surgeon and I look forward to following your progress watching your new hairspray out over time. Please keep us posted by presenting monthly photos and letting us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,

Bill

You have a lot to look forward to! Congrats on your surgery and ...happy growing. Be patient, you will start seeing nice results in about 4 months or so. Could be sooner, growth rate is different for everyone.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looks like you're healing well. The redness will continue to fade. You have a lot to look forward to. Your hairline will fill in nicely. Congrats to you and Dr. Diep.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks azakdan2682. I think I booked it around 5 months in advance, however, sometimes they can move you up if someone cancels. I ended up waiting because I wanted to have two weeks off from work for the recovery, but I probably would have been okay with only a week.

37 day post-op update. Looks like most of the shedding has happened. Now it's on to the ugly duckling phase and being patient. I'll update again in another month of two once I see some growth.

2nqqfck.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Wow early grower, this has the makings of a homerun.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Oscarito. You will see great results during that 4th and 5th month. That's also when I saw the best growth rate. After that it will appear to be thickening and your hairline will look much more prominent. You have a lot to look forward to.

Looking good Oscarito. You will see great results during that 4th and 5th month. That's also when I saw the best growth rate. After that it will appear to be thickening and your hairline will look much more prominent. You have a lot to look forward to.

Thank you JohnCasper for your kind words. I'm really looking forward to passing the fourth month since everyone seems to have the best results around then. :)

• 4 weeks later...

​So I'm finally at the 4 months and two-week update. I'm not feeling too great about the density, so hoping the growth will continue to come in.

I enclosed two pictures where I pushed my hair back to show the growth coming in around the temples, one picture that shows everything, and the last one that shows when my other hair is covering it.

Please let me know your thoughts. Little worried at this point...

IMG_5808.thumb.jpg.0d47a07c35728c58ad36a7c5902823ef.jpg

IMG_5809.thumb.jpg.1cc2993e5715316a9eff1de583f8dda6.jpg

IMG_5810.thumb.jpg.02a7136c14b1cbf5ba385d1391ed3fcd.jpg

IMG_5812.thumb.jpg.36c2649954f37905084544e701bc6986.jpg

It is too early to draw conclusions. I saw my biggest change 4-9 months.

You still have at least 7 1/2 months in front of you.

Thanks for your comments Spyk777. I followed your journey and you have great results. I'll just try to keep calm and carry on for the next couple of months. I imagine a lot of folks are nervous since we've all shelled out on the investment.

• 2 weeks later...

How's it coming? What is the aloe Vera for and where are you applying it?

I asked Dr diep if I should use aloe Vera but he said putting anything on your head could potentially increase the chances of infection or folliculitis. Thoughts?

How's it coming? What is the aloe Vera for and where are you applying it?

I asked Dr diep if I should use aloe Vera but he said putting anything on your head could potentially increase the chances of infection or folliculitis. Thoughts?

Thanks for the question Renovanity. I was told very early on by one of his staff that aloe vera was okay to use. However, I immediately stopped using it once I spoke to Dr. Diep a few days later for my 1-month check-in (probably used it for a few days then stopped). I never saw any reaction or folliculitis and have only washed it since then. No products other than finasteride.

I have a skype check-in on Wednesday to check-in on my progress and any issues that he may be concerned with. I'll post an update after the appointment.

• Administrators

Just the tip of the iceberg my friend at 5 months is not even half of the growth, that's why they say patience is a virtue ;) I reckon this will be the last we'll hear from you, you'll probably forget about balding and never return, I hope you do keep us updated congrats!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.