vverma

Hair transplant is very popular, but lacks transparency

In every service, particularly hair transplant procedure transparency is the key with regards to price, quality, and efficacy of medical services. This is important because it goes a long way in helping a person to make the right decision after all it is their money and their future. Therefore, transparency must go together with for hair loss patients because many are not given the full information or get enticed by such low cost they forget the competency of the doctor. This is one service in India that has seen a rise in competition and great big advertisement can be seen on newspaper with photos of celebrity endorsement to lured the public.

Hair transplant is a procedure which must be performed by a plastic surgeon, period! This is a cosmetic surgery and there was a time when this procedure was very expensive in India but those who could afford would often travel to western countries to get it done. However, in the last five years’ things have changed and there are many clinics in India offering quality hair transplant and the fact is people from across the world are coming to get hair transplant in India to some specific clinics for great results and cost. But there are several clinics that are running parallel operations with unqualified doctors and to catch “customers” (they do not treat then as patients but as customers) they quote exuberantly low cost.

Hi vverma,

You are absolutely right. There are many Doctors in this filed who lured customers by ads. One of my friend is suffering from hair fall, can you suggest me good doc in this filed? I would be highly obliged.

Hi Somit,

I am not too much into it. However, one of my friend Saurabh had a hair transplant from Dr. Mayank, you can visit to him at RADIANCE COSMEDIC CENTRE. According to Saurabh, Dr. Mayank is quite good and cost effective too.

Guest drdeepakkalia
Hi vverma,

You are absolutely right. There are many Doctors in this filed who lured customers by ads. One of my friend is suffering from hair fall, can you suggest me good doc in this filed? I would be highly obliged.

hii

somit if u are doing a reserch abt hair transplant u can visit our website too Best hair transplant clinic in Chandigarh.

vverma,

Welcome to our hair restoration forum community. Transparency and honesty is crucial when it comes to hair transplant surgery. Thankfully, today, many excellent surgeons are very open and honest about their procedure and share their results here on this forum. Our prescreening and recommendation process is also transparent. See "How We Recommend Hair Transplant Surgeon". To see which surgeons we recommend, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Find a Pre-Screened Physician

• Choose a proven physician
    Chosen by patients

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Newest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Dredd, in your case medicines were mandatory because your androgenetic alopecia was miniaturizing also the donor area (it is a condition called DUPA and is more common than people think) and dr. Pekiner told you that many times. Not only you did not take Finasteride and Minoxidil as prescribed, you even started minoxidil on and off, that is worse than not taking it at all. You said you got Finasteride driven depression after 2 weeks of usage, which looks rather unlikely. You said you got side effects from Minoxidil and even from Xpecia that is a mild Saw Palmetto supplement. Dr. Pekiner also suspects you did not follow post surgery instructions, because you always behaved like you did not care, probably you were thinking that you just had to pay the money to the surgeon and get the results without being annoyed by medicines and post operative care. But the first month after the operation is the most important one. It is like a fat man not following post operative instructions after a liposuction and starting to eat pies and donuts and lift heavy weights the day after. Surgery doesn't work this way, you must follow and trust doctor instruction and advices, it is not like "this is your money doc, now I want the problem solved". At the end we have some suspects but we don't know exactly what happened, while you look so sure it was all dr. Pekiner's failure and like 2 weeks ago you started to feel the urge to inform the whole world.   Please don't worry about this Lixin. I also invite other dr. Pekiner's future patient not to fall prey of a free shooter only interested in destroying the clinic reputation. I will start posting all the clinic good cases in this forum as well, I just need a little time. Please check all the surgeries before and after both of Dredd's operations and you will see 3 perfect frontal dense packs and 1 norwood 6 reconstruction in 2 steps.   As I specified before, this case was not treated at an extreme density of more than 50 grafts per cm2, which is often called super dense pack. It was a "classic" high density of around 50 grafts per cm2. DHI method, that is basically a marketing term coined for incisions and implantations via implanter pens, shares the same philosophy of the stick and place technique used by dr. Pekiner, that is placing the graft immediately after opening the channel. Having said that, there are many other clinics, using different techniques, like lateral slit with custom blade made incisions, or placers instead of implanters, that can achieve great density all the same.
    • More than 12 months to start growing.  Body hair supposedly has different growth cycles.  Beard hair is different, thicker and should be placed back behind the hair line. 
    • There was a Bisanga case posted recently on the forum and the results looked great (especially given the guys starting point - quite phenomenal really). I believe Keser doesnt like using beard hair etc citing it doesn't look completely natural, while the results I've seen from Lorenzo are pretty good insofar as they offer patients some kind of improvement and conceal any issues. Rare to see many examples of it though. Surgeons seem to have vastly different approaches to it. Given fin has an effect on body hair I wonder if doctors request patients to stop taking the drug? I'd also be curious to know if different body hair works better on different regions of the scalp Good thread idea @Melvin-Moderator
    • Really? Just to START growing?
    • I've had arm, leg, chest and beard and they do grow.  Some of it took more than 12 months to start growing. 
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Caliban